I love WEIRDdonna.

Barbie

zu34gl.jpg

Nobody does it better! Nobody.

Once upon a time Madonna was just the most creative damn thing. I want her to dig up some of this for the next era!

Get inspired bitch!

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree! We need some fresh inspiring ideas for the next era! I want another controversial video

She has never lost her creativity (okay maybe it dipped a little in 03-04)

But the creative juices were splashing in 2012

Your mussy juices were splashing in 2012.

I never meant to imply that, lol.....that she "lost it" I guess I'm just dying for one more daring era. The MDNA music videos (and single choices) were a tad dull, well besides the Girl Gone Wild video which was great.

She should have made a kick ass video to Gang Bang.

Add that to the list of videos that SHOULD have been made that probably would have contained amazing ass visuals.

(Skin, Impressive Instant....)

Bitch had some nerve releasing GMAYL! That's pretty daring if you ask me :lol:

But seriously, I'd love to see something completely different for the next era. I know this is gonna sound so cliché now but I remember when I first heard Frozen and watched the video. It was a jawdropping experience. I'd love if she does something like that again.

But I loved the MDNA era! The tour itself is enough proof that she still can be creative and daring and fucking fantastic! I'm (still) excited for the secret project and I can't wait for the next era!

Guest Rachelle of London

Bitch had some nerve releasing GMAYL! That's pretty daring if you ask me :lol:

But seriously, I'd love to see something completely different for the next era. I know this is gonna sound so cliché now but I remember when I first heard Frozen and watched the video. It was a jawdropping experience. I'd love if she does something like that again.

But I loved the MDNA era! The tour itself is enough proof that she still can be creative and daring and fucking fantastic! I'm (still) excited for the secret project and I can't wait for the next era!

This!

zu34gl.jpg

Who directed this? Just curious as I've just watched her acceptance speech at the VMAs where Jonas Ã…kerlund won best video director for Ray of Light and she said that one of his treatments was where she had 'bile spewing out of my mouth'. Was this idea used here instead?

I love Weirdonna as much as the next guy, but I don't want her to do it unless she really feels it. There's nothing worse than forced weirdness and that's the "truth tea." :1251:

:lmao: I think the WORLD knows how forced that person is who shall remain nameless. When Madonna does it she completely owns it and makes it hers.

One of the many reasons why she is the LEGEND she is.

:dramatic:

Who directed this? Just curious as I've just watched her acceptance speech at the VMAs where Jonas Ã…kerlund won best video director for Ray of Light and she said that one of his treatments was where she had 'bile spewing out of my mouth'. Was this idea used here instead?

Dago González? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

:lmao: I think the WORLD knows how forced that person is who shall remain nameless. When Madonna does it she completely owns it and makes it hers.

One of the many reasons why she is the LEGEND she is.

:dramatic:

Totes agree. If Weirddonna doesn't come this next album, it'll come on the one after that. First she needed to reestablish herself as sex goddess icon, then she'll deviate from that. Just wait and see.

Music was an album so badly tapped. Impressive Instant, Gone, Amazing and Paradise definitely should have been singles

It may have sold a ton but I agree 100% SO many potential singles not used. The album is a classic though, it really is.

Sort of, but probably not? Others have correctly identified the director as Dago Gonzalez of Veneno Inc. I think the comment you're remembering was that M mentioned how many different treatments Jonas worked on -- and she compared her appearance in a few of them to Linda Blair in the Exorcist. Some of the remix videos use treatments with colors and filters, plus those extreme close-ups of her face. I think perhaps that was what she was referring to.

Who knows, though... you could be right. It's interesting that the DWT version had the red light emanating from her mouth (which matched with the dancers who had red glow-sticks in their mouths)... but this pseudo director's cut has that black bile/smoke... odd to go back and change it. Not sure if that was Madonna's vision or his.

On a side note, Dago didn't handle as many of the visuals for the MDNA Tour. Moment Factory did a lot, Tom Munro did JML (and maybe Human Nature), Nathan Rissman did Best Friend/Heartbeat, and someone else did NKM. Danny Tull edited the W.E. footage for Masterpiece. I think Dago might have done the visuals for Sagarra Jo and I'm Addicted... might be forgetting one, but I was surprised she didn't use him for much. Nothing that she had to film footage for, anyway, like she did for Paradise (Not for Me) and the RIT Bedtime Story remix interlude.

She should have made a kick ass video to Gang Bang.

I wonder how the video she wanted to do with Tarantino would have looked like

Also : didn't she ask Woodkid to direct one for her, which he turned down to focus on hiw own projects ?

Music was an album so badly tapped. Impressive Instant, Gone, Amazing and Paradise definitely should have been singles

EXACTLY!! So many potential singles on Music, i love the songs you cited more than the actual singles lol

Paradise could/should have been a single off Mirwais' album, which would have given more exposure for Madonna's music and would have left room for another single from Music.

TBH, I still think Don't tell me was an obvious choice, the video, the remixes and the live performances of that song... exquisite !

03-04 were a lot more creative than COAD or HC.