Consequence of Sound: Top 20 Madonna Songs

HolidayGuy

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of Madonna's debut album. You'd think it would be 30, but...

And it really should be "Singles," as there are no album tracks here.

Where is "Live to Tell?" And "Holiday"? They belong over stuff like 'true Blue," "Deeper and Deeper" and "Human Nature." But, that's sometimes the nature of lists.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/07/the-top-20-madonna-songs/

20. True Blue
19. This Used to Be My Playground
18. Open Your Heart
17. Take A Bow
16. Secret
15. Music
14. Deeper and Deeper
13. Borderline
12. Frozen
11.Lucky Star
10. Hung Up
9. La Isla Bonita
8. Vogue
7. Human Nature
6. Into the Groove
5. Material Girl
4. Like A Prayer
3. Express Yourself
2. Ray of Light
1. Like A Virgin

Like a Virgin is #1? Really? Damn, that song is SO overrated, one of her worst singles. Just because it's the single who made her a star doesn't mean it's actually her best.

Like a Virgin is #1? Really? Damn, that song is SO overrated, one of her worst singles. Just because it's the single who made her a star doesn't mean it's actually her best.

I so agree. From the top my head : Don't tell me alone deserves 100 times the attention LAV gets.

LAV is an undeniably good pop song (it's far from one of her worst singles), but it has so much attached to it, culturally, that some use that as a barometer in picking the "best."

LAV is an undeniably good pop song (it's far from one of her worst singles), but it has so much attached to it, culturally, that some use that as a barometer in picking the "best."

It's a question of taste, honestly. I personally don't think it's a good pop song, i think it's really weak musically (songs like Borderline or Burning Up are 1000000000000000000x better). But i agree with the rest of your post.

I think you have to have been there to really appreciate the song's impact. Along with the video and MTV performance, it was really ground breaking and just this huge moment in music history when Madonna went global.

However, it's a great pop song in its own right too but sometimes too many karaoke performances put a dampner on a great record!

I think you have to have been there to really appreciate the song's impact. Along with the video and MTV performance, it was really ground breaking and just this huge moment in music history when Madonna went global.

However, it's a great pop song in its own right too but sometimes too many karaoke performances put a dampner on a great record!

As I tried to word diffrerently in another post, I think her amazing tour performances of this song overshadowed the original version as time went by.

In celebration of the 30th anniversary of Madonna's debut album. You'd think it would be 30, but...

And it really should be "Singles," as there are no album tracks here.

Where is "Live to Tell?" And "Holiday"? They belong over stuff like 'true Blue," "Deeper and Deeper" and "Human Nature." But, that's sometimes the nature of lists.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/07/the-top-20-madonna-songs/

20. True Blue

19. This Used to Be My Playground

18. Open Your Heart

17. Take A Bow

16. Secret

15. Music

14. Deeper and Deeper

13. Borderline

12. Frozen

11.Lucky Star

10. Hung Up

9. La Isla Bonita

8. Vogue

7. Human Nature

6. Into the Groove

5. Material Girl

4. Like A Prayer

3. Express Yourself

2. Ray of Light

1. Like A Virgin

This list sucks ass tbh.

Guest bluejean

I do love Like a Virgin but I do find the melody kind of weak. It's the sound of the song, the lyrics and her performance that make it a classic. But the best? No way

Who doesn't.

Apparently you don't remember the thread where some people claimed fans either loved HC or hated it. :laugh:

But there are definitely people who respect and like AL. I, for one.