LOVE SPENT from MDNA Tour Screening NYC

Jamesy

Hey yes I was there.

It was an incredible experience. I've done many Madonna things before - but this was really special!

I didn't film the movie - I pretty much just sat and enjoyed it. I only shot a few parts here and there! It's on TV tomorrow night anyway so there was no real point in filming at the screening.

I did film everything else tho - all the fans and the stars and the tour crew. All of the Q&A etc.

SO I will be making a report about everything which I will make sure is MUST-SEE viewing!!!

Personally - I loved the movie. I can be very critical and cynical - but this is really fantastc.

I think MDNA is her best tour since Blond Ambition - and this movie DOES IT JUSTICE!!!!

It's so good! I won't understand the fans who don't like it. The movie is a true work of art in itself! :-)

Guest bluejean

Thank you so much for posting.

I don't really love the choice to make it black and white nor the inclusion of the stills. However I think those that saying its "ruined" and "awful" are way ott. It's still great it's just not how I would have wanted it done, but it's a creative decision they've made and it's more than fine. And I must say the sound and vocals are fantastic. I noticed in the bootlegs the backing vocals drowned her out in parts of this song but it isn't the case here. She sounds perfect. Definitely her best live vocals in a LONG time. Thank God there is no noticeable pitch correction on the vocals like in Sticky. It makes such a difference Madonna being heavily involved in the editing. It's already obvious from the clips this broadcast/DVD will be stunning. I think those drama queens saying its terrible are the same people that probably hate Hard Candy and MDNA and virtually everything else just for the sake of it.

I actually like the stills...they weren't randomly placed or anything, and they all look great.

Makes it look more artistic, and i LOVE those vocals! They might have retouched them here and there (possibility...not sure!) but it's barely noticeable and we KNOW that's how she sounds live!

Guest bluejean

I actually like the stills...they weren't randomly placed or anything, and they all look great.

Makes it look more artistic, and i LOVE those vocals! They might have retouched them here and there (possibility...not sure!) but it's barely noticeable and we KNOW that's how she sounds live!

I have a feeling they have just taken audio from a variety of shows and cut and pasted it all together to make it absolutely perfect. Which is a fantastic way to do it rather than overuse pitch correction software which ruins the live feel (S&S.)

She may even have redone some in the studio. What do the people that saw the show think?

I have a feeling they have just taken audio from a variety of shows and cut and pasted it all together to make it absolutely perfect. Which is a fantastic way to do it rather than overuse pitch correction software which ruins the live feel (S&S.)

She may even have redone some in the studio. What do the people that saw the show think?

I think this is the audio from lovespent in miami

She sounded great live that night

Whatever she did, one thing i know for sure!

This is a labor of LOVE and dedication...and it shows in ALL the videos i saw so far, and no one can deny that!

If i can't stop playing this video filmed directly from the screen...i'm afraid what might happen once i have the entire show in HD! xD

From my point of view - seeing it on Tuesday night - the audio was just everything you wanted it to be.

Watching the movie I wasn't thinking about it - so for me it was a total success.

A few times I thought "wow - sounds just like some of the stuff I filmed at the shows" - so it sounded real.

I personally love "I Don't Give A Fuck" and it sounded 100% live as it did at the shows.

I cannot watch the S&S DVD - I've actually never made it the whole way through ONCE.

THIS IS NOTHING LIKE IT!

This is perfection. It's so engaging. It's so full of energy and I swear - I thought I was back at the concerts. I had these wierd flashbacks to being at Cordoba or elsewhere at random points.

I'm A Sinner has been turned into some kind of ANTHEM. It's a total highlight they way it's been edited and produced.

And at random points during it - I would glance down at Madonna - and she's just sitting FIXATED on the screen.

I see Brahim talking and making hand gestures and she's just staring motionless at the big screen with her sunglasses on!

It was surreal being there and seeing that!!!!

Guest bluejean

From my point of view - seeing it on Tuesday night - the audio was just everything you wanted it to be.

Watching the movie I wasn't thinking about it - so for me it was a total success.

A few times I thought "wow - sounds just like some of the stuff I filmed at the shows" - so it sounded real.

I personally love "I Don't Give A Fuck" and it sounded 100% live as it did at the shows.

I cannot watch the S&S DVD - I've actually never made it the whole way through ONCE.

THIS IS NOTHING LIKE IT!

This is perfection. It's so engaging. It's so full of energy and I swear - I thought I was back at the concerts. I had these wierd flashbacks to being at Cordoba or elsewhere at random points.

I'm A Sinner has been turned into some kind of ANTHEM. It's a total highlight they way it's been edited and produced.

THIS IS NOTHING LIKE IT!

Wow. Sounds amazing.

I agree about S&S. I have made it through it but I tried to watch it recently and I couldn't get through it all. Certain numbers are good but overall it just feels phoney at times. Which is a shame because the audience and everything were great.

I think that show was more a fun show if you were there and Madonna clearly loved performing it. MDNA is waaay more a work of art and I think Madonna had less fun performing it since it was so strenuous but is ultimately far more proud of the end result. She's treated editing this like she would one of her film projects.

And I think her involvement in film has probably HELPED the project immenseley since people are saying this is her best live show ever.

Guest bluejean

And at random points during it - I would glance down at Madonna - and she's just sitting FIXATED on the screen.

I see Brahim talking and making hand gestures and she's just staring motionless at the big screen with her sunglasses on!

It was surreal being there and seeing that!!!!

The poor woman was probably sitting there picking faults with it :lol: She's such a perfectionist.

Thanks for sharing this :-)

I'm glad to see that she's made this very cinematic live show into an actual film.

I saw the show 4 times, so to see it a straight up "live from.. " type video is really not as interesting to me. I like that she's

chronicled the whole tour into 1 film and to see those still during LS, and its variations from show to show, has really gotten me

even more eager to see the finished product… and I didn't think that was possible! LOL

The poor woman was probably sitting there picking faults with it :lol: She's such a perfectionist.

It's funny - she actually said that in the Q&A kinda.

The bit where she says that after watching it tonight she still sees things she wants to change.

We say this a lot - but there really is NO-ONE in showbiz like her.

She not only has all the talent to create the show - but then she IS the show and once it is done SHE makes the movie. It's totally insane when you think how it's all her from start to end like no-one else even attempts to do.

Again - take it from me (!) - this concert film is perfect!

It's how she wants us to see it on the screen - and it's just how it should be.

Being at that premiere was super super wierd also from the point of view that it was like you were part of her a-list circle for a brief spell. I mean I stood feet from her as she arrived (I'm inside) and standing beside people like Debi Mazar and having the likes of Nicki, Kiley and the dancers and musicians smile at me and say hello. All mingling in the lobby with each other and random FANS.

And so much love going on there. And then the next minute Rocco just walks by talking to people as if he's in my house. I thought it was a bit too surrreal.

The bit where she says that after watching it tonight she still sees things she wants to change.

She not only has all the talent to create the show - but then she IS the show and once it is done SHE makes the movie. It's totally insane when you think how it's all her from start to end like no-one else even attempts to do.

Being at that premiere was super super wierd also from the point of view that it was like you were part of her a-list circle for a brief spell. I mean I stood feet from her as she arrived (I'm inside) and standing beside people like Debi Mazar and having the likes of Nicki, Kiley and the dancers and musicians smile at me and say hello. All mingling in the lobby with each other and random FANS.

And so much love going on there. And then the next minute Rocco just walks by talking to people as if he's in my house. I thought it was a bit too surrreal.

yup, and I get the vibe from the DVD edit that it's about the fans also.

Thanks for your insight. I was there too & I agree totally with you. It was a surreal experience & I agree that she made the film the way she wanted us to see it and it's mind blowing!

I love the stills (very 70s) and the black and white. it's very cinematic and dramatic.

Totally agree with you and I love that. That was a very dramatic and touching performance, imo, and this editing just reinforces those feelings. I also loved the audio, sound amazing! This was one of my favourite performances in the show.

Thank you so much for posting.

I don't really love the choice to make it black and white nor the inclusion of the stills. However I think those that saying its "ruined" and "awful" are way ott. It's still great it's just not how I would have wanted it done, but it's a creative decision they've made and it's more than fine. And I must say the sound and vocals are fantastic. I noticed in the bootlegs the backing vocals drowned her out in parts of this song but it isn't the case here. She sounds perfect. Definitely her best live vocals in a LONG time. Thank God there is no noticeable pitch correction on the vocals like in Sticky. It makes such a difference Madonna being heavily involved in the editing. It's already obvious from the clips this broadcast/DVD will be stunning. I think those drama queens saying its terrible are the same people that probably hate Hard Candy and MDNA and virtually everything else just for the sake of it.

:clap::clap: :clap: :bow:

1040074_10200474305033796_210956841_o.jpg

I can't :dramatic: