Has To Be Appreciation

vocalism

I don't actually remember the first time I heard this, but I know it was when I bought the ROL single. It's one of my favorite songs from the album. For some reason I can imagine Sarah McLachlan singing it. The lyrics, vocals, production are all perfection, although I wish there was slightly less reverb on her vocals. I can't believe this didn't make the album over some other songs. It's pure magic.

I totally remember the first time I heard this, I was a sophomore in high school and recently dumped by my first bf! It was a super rainy night when I somehow stumbled upon this unreleased gem, and the power took complete control over me! Seriously, it was such a beautiful experience! Having Madonna discuss with me the importance of accepting myself as a great lover and knowing someone equally as great is out there waiting for me as well was just so incredible.

I only downloaded this song last year or this year and I am in love with it. I listened to it on repeat many times the other night! I think it's really beautiful and it should have made the album! I don't know why she would leave it off. Hmm

I totally remember the first time I heard this, I was a sophomore in high school and recently dumped by my first bf! It was a super rainy night when I somehow stumbled upon this unreleased gem, and the power took complete control over me! Seriously, it was such a beautiful experience! Having Madonna discuss with me the importance of accepting myself as a great lover and knowing someone equally as great is out there waiting for me as well was just so incredible.

Heh, I also remember playing this song on repeat on a rainy night because of boy problems in my sophomore year. Weird. It's such a beautiful, atmospheric song. It would be a real treat for this song to make it on tour at some point, but I'm not counting on it.

Beautiful story for such a beautiful track!

Yet another precious gem of a song from her, love it!

It's a lot of peoples favorite song. :1251:

Including myself. It's just one of those song you have to turn up and lay back to listen to.

I always identity with those lyrics every now and then.

If we got Cyberraga on tour, I am almost certain we will get this.

This is my one of my top 10 favourite M tracks ever. I'm not sure why but everything about it is just perfect! I remember the 1st time I played it after discovering it on a 2 track Japanese CD in HMV nearly 15 years ago. I think I paid something stupid like £19.99! But I didn't care as I'd no idea it ever existed and for me it was new M track!

I think it's the guitar section I love most. And I just love how much it reminds me of Chris Isack's Wicked Game xxx so sexy xxx

Too bad Madonna didn't make this song track 12 1/2. I think I would even liked it combined at the end with Mer Girl. I'm thinking the only reason for it being left off the album was the number of tracks. I think it would have been a beautiful addition to the album and maybe towards the end? Where would you think the song would work best on the album?

Love how soft her voice is on this song. I also love a song that lets your mind wander while listening to it. Very meditative. Definitely a hidden gem.

It works great as the ender. Madonna herself referred to it as the 14th track, so I think she intended on it closing the album. But then the whole numerology thing came into play.

It sums up the era and album nicely, almost like a concept album, like the whole album was a meditation session of self discovery.

Easily one of the best songs she has ever recorded and easily one of my favourites.

I used to listen to this and just get lost in it and wonder if there really was someone out there for me.

I met someone really special a year ago now and randomly this song came on the other day and I felt absolutely nothing, I just couldn't relate anymore and I never want to go back to how much it used to hurt when I used to listen to it.

Guest bluejean

Yes yes YES. Love this song. It's the only bside to make it in my Madonna top 40. Amazed it didn't make the album.

Guest bluejean

It works great as the ender. Madonna herself referred to it as the 14th track, so I think she intended on it closing the album. But then the whole numerology thing came into play.

It sums up the era and album nicely, almost like a concept album, like the whole album was a meditation session of self discovery.

I think Mer Girl is such a perfect closer though. Maybe it would work between Little Star and Mer Girl?

Ray of Light is such an amazing album start to end. Truly her best.

I don't actually remember the first time I heard this, but I know it was when I bought the ROL single. It's one of my favorite songs from the album. For some reason I can imagine Sarah McLachlan singing it. The lyrics, vocals, production are all perfection, although I wish there was slightly less reverb on her vocals. I can't believe this didn't make the album over some other songs. It's pure magic.

[media=]

[/media]

tumblr_inline_mg2zu6VLR51qfoype.gif

I think "Mer Girl" is the better album closer, and since she probably intentionally paired "Little Star" (about her daughter) and "Mer Girl" (about her mother), it would probably work best between "To Have and Not to Hold" and "Little Star."

I have the Japanese edition of Ray of light and they have: has to be as track 14. Beautiful song, and fits into Ray of light album so well ( though does not work coming after mer girl). In my personal opinion I would have got rid of THANTH and replaced it with HTB, perfection ( and since we know she would not get rid of little star which would be my first option).

P.s found the Japanese edition in my local pawn shop ( cash converteors) for $2 :)

I think "Mer Girl" is the better album closer, and since she probably intentionally paired "Little Star" (about her daughter) and "Mer Girl" (about her mother), it would probably work best between "To Have and Not to Hold" and "Little Star."

I agree