MDNA Tour Screening! NYC

Guest Rachelle of London

well whoever he is he needs to be hired for everything!

oh i googled him and he did her makeup for mdna tour, secretproject, truth or dare perfume event, the oscar party 2013, 2012 rock center interview, ellen 2012.

every single one of those events her face has looked amazing. no wonder she looked so good on tour. sorry angela brooks, youre fired!

She was at the Chime For Change Gucci thing 3 weeks ago :lol:

To me, the editing was coherent even if it was obviously a careful piecing together of different shows. It's not like S&S where you say, what the hell, didn't they notice that? Here you know it was done on purpose. There's one quick second during Gang Bang when she bows her head & she suddenly has bangs (like her poof suddenly fell down to her face) & the next scene is her looking up & her poof was perfectly back up. Of course, she must have noticed that but she put it in on purpose probably to emphasize the frenzy of the whole performance. Little nuances like this or the obvious difference in the costume which you'll notice but it does not in any way make the editing incoherent. To me, the difference between this film & her other concert DVDs is that you can see her personal touch & attention to detail in trying to convey her vision. Yes, the first part was extremely dark & violent but that was the vision she wanted to convey & cinematically, it worked.

As for the close-up, she looked the way she looked on the show. I was at the Golden Circle twice & the way she looked live is the way she looked on the film. In other words, gorgeous but not perfect.

Thank u thank u thank u thank u and thank u again :drama:

:kiss2:

Guest Not4Pussies

She was at the Chime For Change Gucci thing 3 weeks ago :lol:

LOL so shes responsible for her face at chime for change? not that i cared

but the events this new makeup artist has worked for madonna looks amazing

I checked the Daily Fail comments and the best / highest rated were all really positive about M. The worst rated / least popular were the lowest rated. Great to see people standing up for her!

And the interview was great. She's on great form.

Were Dolce and Gabbana there given they were hosting it and given today's news?

Doubt they were actually in NY

They were in London for the opening of their new Bond Street Flagship store these past few days

Or they could have been here in Milan, hiding in their luxurious pad in the centre, waiting for the sentence

Gabbana's Twatter has been flooded by a mix of supportive tweets and others taking the piss

169790282_zps30e3a5e9.jpg

I agree her face looked amazing these past couple of years and at all those events u mentioned :thumbsup:

The CFC face was because of jet lag, sun beating on her face at 3 pm, the type of make up bla blah

FACT: Madonna looks amazing at almost 55 without having freddi krugerised her face like many

others her age and even younger, sometimes way younger have done/ are doing

liloleftbettyfordbeforetheycouldkickherout.jpg

It's funny that Madonna gets such criticism when it comes to her "homages"... yet when the men do it, like Michael, Prince, George Michael, Justin Timberlake, etc... nobody really says a thing.

Those men, particularly Michael and Prince, built their imagery and style on the backs of James Brown, Jackie Wilson, Jimi Hendrix, Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Cab Calloway, The Nicholas Brothers, etc.... I could go on....

But nobody in the public ever bitches about that.

IKR :chuckle:

Any time that Madonna has looked less than perfect (especially since the HC cover shoot) Gina Brooke has been her MUA.

My sister is a makeup artist for Laura Mercier, and she'd met GB numerous times, and apparently Gina isn't even a "real" make up artist, she was an account executive for

Shu Uemura that got thrust into doing M's make up… which has been one reason why all the photo shoots she's worked on have been

airbrushed to death.

Just a little trivia for you.

Being in NYC full time again (as well as the 'French Connection') seems to have brought on a return to Glamdonna in recent years. may she stay around forever!! ;-)

On topic, I really am so excited to see this on Saturday. I'm recording it, so I'll have .wav audio, and the quickest file size HD video I can convert up ASAP.

Any time that Madonna has looked less than perfect (especially since the HC cover shoot) Gina Brooke has been her MUA.

My sister is a makeup artist for Laura Mercier, and she'd met GB numerous times, and apparently Gina isn't even a "real" make up artist, she was an account executive for

Shu Uemura that got thrust into doing M's make up… which has been one reason why all the photo shoots she's worked on have been

airbrushed to death.

Just a little trivia for you.

Being in NYC full time again (as well as the 'French Connection') seems to have brought on a return to Glamdonna in recent years. may she stay around forever!! ;-)

On topic, I really am so excited to see this on Saturday. I'm recording it, so I'll have .wav audio, and the quickest file size HD video I can convert up ASAP.

Thank you! You'll save a lot of lives! :biggrin:

If anyone is interested, I wrote a review of the screening that you can read here : Review : The MDNA Tour Screening (Including Video from the Q & A)

Billy, what a fantastic review. Wish you would post here more often because loved reading your review and your passion for Madonna is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Billy, what a fantastic review. Wish you would post here more often because loved reading your review and your passion for Madonna is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Haha thanks you guys! i know I need to post more often - but when i do post, I try and make it a good one! I know you guys will all enjoy watching the broadcast on saturday.

If anyone is interested, I wrote a review of the screening that you can read here : Review : The MDNA Tour Screening (Including Video from the Q & A)

Great review !

after reading your review I want to see more and more Like a Prayer and see if I will see myself singing on the mic

Haha thanks you guys! i know I need to post more often - but when i do post, I try and make it a good one! I know you guys will all enjoy watching the broadcast on saturday.

Cannot wait!! Thanks Billy! :)

How does she go from looking perfect above, to a week or so ago looking all puffy and worn out like this?

Mad_M1_1738918a.jpg

It's called fucking living! Time realise that people have shit days and get over it.

She looked absolute perfection!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

marvelous!!! and she picked you out!!! xo

marvelous!!! and she picked you out!!! xo

ya...well...ya know

tumblr_ml07zuaxF01r67pbbo1_250.gif

no really though it was really an honor to be where I was, a long day of waiting outside, but still, it shocks me every time im near her. I'm truly a blessed fan.

oh and pud

tumblr_mbn90e4wxq1raznnho1_500.gif