So do we think Madonna is directing a new movie anytime soon?

acko

I agree! If she wants to direct a movie,she should do it,but focus entirely on the movie only.Then,after the movie has been released,she should take a year to focus on music only.Whenever she tries to multi-task or release two separate projects at the same time,neither project gets the full attention and promotion that it deserves.I think the MDNA promotion suffered a bit because she was too busy promoting 'W.E'.By the time MDNA was released,she had no interest in going on TV shows and doing alot of interviews to bring attention to it.

It was particularly frustrating because she went on all the talk shows across, europe, uk, usa, did all the parties, premieres, everything traditional for W.E., like a month before MDNA came out and she did fuck all for the album, but she could have just done the rounds for the film and the album. Been like a bumper guest.

I thought that Madonna had already directed this movie, was it not the Girls Gone Wild film clip- sounds like the same intense plot line.

Did W.E even come out in Australia, never seen it?

Madonna has been multitasking with music and film her entire career. Just because she's sitting behind the camera now brings a whole lot more time and effort than acting in front of it. I don't see her changing her process now, however frustrating for us it may be.

Remember the Ray Of Light tour being sidetracked because of The Next Best Thing?

I don't mind really, because she's still stretching her creative muscles. The MDNA Tour was clearly inspired by film, and it's brilliance was evident ;-)

Did W.E even come out in Australia, never seen it?

Per Box Office Mojo, I don't think it did. It is sad that worldwide, it made less than $900k. Unless she plans to make another "Filth & Wisdom" for a few hundred bucks, no one is going to provide her funding again. I suppose she could sink her own into it.

She has not recently said anything about recording new music. And IF she has, where's the proof? Because there have been tabloids saying she's recording new music, but I seriously doubt she said she was.

That said, I do think a new album will come before a film, at the earliest by Spring 2014, but probably till Fall 2014.

Guest bluejean

Since W.E. was not a big success I think she should focus on music for one more project (record this year, tour/release next year) and then look at doing a new film after that in 2015.

I mean personally I wouldn't care if she never did another film again but I'm sure she will.

I don't mind really, because she's still stretching her creative muscles. The MDNA Tour was clearly inspired by film, and it's brilliance was evident ;-)

Yes! People miss that! Her music and performance is very much influenced by film and dance. I'm glad she's not just a singer pumping an album out every eighteen months and doing the same promo tours with 'yes my album is released in two weeks' at the end of each performance. I don't need that. I'm glad she feeds off of creativity.