I've been listening to the "Bedtime Stories" album a lot lately.

Apples388

Well as far as I know Bedtime Story would've been the closing performance, probably followed by an encore. The VMA Version would've been used for the performance. Secret, Take a Bow, I'll Remember and Human Nature were definitely in as well. That's pretty self-explanatory, though...

I think Live to Tell and Like a Prayer would've been performed as well. Live to Tell was originally part of the Girlie Show setlist before it was dropped and Like a Prayer was left out on GS, eventhough it was quite a big hit. I also think that Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Justify My Love and even Rescue Me had quite a chance of inclusion on this tours setlist, maybe Bad Girl or even Words too.

From BS I would've liked to see Forbidden Love, Sanctuary and Survival. I'm not sure about the other three...I think one of them would've made the cut as well.

As far as I know???

What's your source? Like vocalism said, did we miss something that surfaced recently about an early setlist?

It's cause your young. Trust me, when your in your 20's, you will re-discover this album and fall for it.

:rotfl:

That said, I replaced Don't Stop and I'd Rather Be Your Lover in my iPad version (not that I necessarily hated em or anything) with Your Honesty and I Want You and I love it as an album so much more.

:rotfl:

That said, I replaced Don't Stop and I'd Rather Be Your Lover in my iPad version (not that I necessarily hated em or anything) with Your Honesty and I Want You and I love it as an album so much more.

ooohhh will have to try this

This is my Get Unconscious tour setlist that never was

Human Nature

Survival

Live to Tell

Bad Girl

(Sanctuary prelude)

Sanctuary

Like a Prayer

Secret

Forbidden Love

Rescue Me

(Rescue Me dancer interlude)

I'd Rather Be Your Lover

Don't Stop

Lucky Star

Deeper and Deeper

Vogue

Holiday

Encore

I'll Remember

Take a Bow

Bedtime Story

I really liked this album at the time, I remember listening to "Bedtime Story" for the first time and it sounded nothing like she had ever done before. "Your Honesty" should have made the cut

Best songs:

Secret

Inside of Me

Human Nature

Forbidden Love

Love Tried to Welcome Me (beautiful)

Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

OK songs:

Don’t Stop (don't like the vocal tone)

Take A Bow (really like the song, but I actually prefer the Silky Soul Mix to the original version)

Worst songs:

Survival (hate it with a passion)

I’d Rather Be Your Lover (far too slow, just does nothing for me, the best bit is the rap)

Should have been included:

Your Honesty

Love Won't Wait

Let Down Your Guard

So basically my tracklisting for the album would have been:

1. Secret
  2. Don’t Stop
  3. Human Nature
  4. Inside of Me
  5. Forbidden Love
  6. Love Won't Wait
  7. Love Tried to Welcome Me
  8. Let Down Your Guard
  9. Sanctuary
  10. Bedtime Story
  11. Your Honesty
  12. Take A Bow (Silky Soul Mix)

Singles:

Secret

Take A Bow

Human Nature

Inside of Me

Your Honesty

Edited by JWAD

Wait a minute...where's all this BS tour info coming from? And was the actual title going to be the "Get Unconscious Tour"?

Why in all my years have I never heard of this stuff?

(on the other hand, what a tour that would have been).

As far as I know???

What's your source? Like vocalism said, did we miss something that surfaced recently about an early setlist?

I read it somewhere in this forum that all that it was confirmed that Bedtime Story was definitely going to end the show (no information wether there was going to be an encore or not!) It was reported that there were brief rehearsals, too. madonna herself said that she was trying to make the BS tour happening and that some plans have already been made, but she was not sure wether she was going to tour or not. Rehearsals must have happened somewhere between the release date of Bedtime Story and the making of Human Nature as she had already decided not to tour while the video for Human Nature was filmed.

Regarding the singles I forgot to mention that that was an assumption as well, just like the rest of it (If I say "I think ... would've been performed as well", it means, that I was assuming this). But as I said, it's pretty obvious that she wasn't going to skip any of the singles for that tour.

I really liked this album at the time, I remember listening to "Bedtime Story" for the first time and it sounded nothing like she had ever done before. "Your Honesty" should have made the cut

Best songs:

Secret

Inside of Me

Human Nature

Forbidden Love

Love Tried to Welcome Me (beautiful)

Sanctuary

Bedtime Story

OK songs:

Don’t Stop (don't like the vocal tone)

Take A Bow (really like the song, but I actually prefer the Silky Soul Mix to the original version)

Worst songs:

Survival (hate it with a passion)

I’d Rather Be Your Lover (far too slow, just does nothing for me, the best bit is the rap)

Should have been included:

Your Honesty

Love Won't Wait

Let Down Your Guard

So basically my tracklisting for the album would have been:

1. Secret
  2. Don’t Stop
  3. Human Nature
  4. Inside of Me
  5. Forbidden Love
  6. Love Won't Wait
  7. Love Tried to Welcome Me
  8. Let Down Your Guard
  9. Sanctuary
  10. Bedtime Story
  11. Your Honesty
  12. Take A Bow (Silky Soul Mix)

Singles:

Secret

Take A Bow

Human Nature

Inside of Me

Your Honesty

Curious why you hate "Survival." My ex hates that song too, and it's always baffled me. The '70s vibe is sexy (I LOVE those first few seconds before the vocals start), and her vocals/lyrics are great. I can understand IRBYL, but I like that one as well. There's something about her vocals that really appeal to me - and I have always been able to relate to the lyrics. I think you should reconsider both of these with an open mind.

"Your Honesty" was a nice little b-side to get in 2003, but I think it's ultimately one of the weakest songs from the BS sessions and I can see why it was left off. It's pretty generic. I do like "Let Down Your Guard" though. "Love Won't Wait" is terrible IMO.

I read it somewhere in this forum that all that it was confirmed that Bedtime Story was definitely going to end the show (no information wether there was going to be an encore or not!) It was reported that there were brief rehearsals, too. madonna herself said that she was trying to make the BS tour happening and that some plans have already been made, but she was not sure wether she was going to tour or not. Rehearsals must have happened somewhere between the release date of Bedtime Story and the making of Human Nature as she had already decided not to tour while the video for Human Nature was filmed.

Regarding the singles I forgot to mention that that was an assumption as well, just like the rest of it (If I say "I think ... would've been performed as well", it means, that I was assuming this). But as I said, it's pretty obvious that she wasn't going to skip any of the singles for that tour.

I think someone was messing with you...

I love BS, but i gotta say i never liked bedtime story and the video for it, it was too artsy fartsy and didnt seem very Madonna to me. anyone else have that unpopular opinion?

No. I think it's clear from what she said publicly (that Bjork's album was the reason she wanted to work with Nellee Hooper) that BS is probably the direction she wanted the whole album to go in, but likely felt pressure to follow the more American R&B trend. She was listening to a lot of European trip-hop at the time, and this is borne out by the fact that she worked with Nellee again with Massive Attack on "I Want You" and wanted Nellee to produce ROL. Electronica/trip-hop was where her heart was at and continued to be for many years.

No. I think it's clear from what she said publicly (that Bjork's album was the reason she wanted to work with Nellee Hooper) that BS is probably the direction she wanted the whole album to go in, but likely felt pressure to follow the more American R&B trend. She was listening to a lot of European trip-hop at the time, and this is borne out by the fact that she worked with Nellee again with Massive Attack on "I Want You" and wanted Nellee to produce ROL. Electronica/trip-hop was where her heart was at and continued to be for many years.

Actually Madonna was fucking the NBA prior 2 recording BS, RnB was very much what she was in2 at that time.

I think someone was messing with you...

But I recall reading about it somewhere else too, I think it might have been MadonnaTribe or DrownedMadonna. Anyways...I think that Survival on tour would've been really cool if she included parts of "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor! ;)

Actually Madonna was fucking the NBA prior 2 recording BS, RnB was very much what she was in2 at that time.

Um, you can't be serious. Because NBA players are largely black means she was listening to R&B? I'm not going to call that racist, but it's totally ignorant.

She said repeatedly that she was more interested in what was happening in Europe, with Massive Attack, Nellee Hooper, Tricky, etc.

Um, you can't be serious. Because NBA players are largely black means she was listening to R&B? I'm not going to call that racist, but it's totally ignorant.

Wow, just wow.

Wow, just wow.
Um, you can't be serious. Because NBA players are largely black means she was listening to R&B? I'm not going to call that racist, but it's totally ignorant. She said repeatedly that she was more interested in what was happening in Europe, with Massive Attack, Nellee Hooper, Tricky, etc.

Please don't tell me you're actually talking about racial issues...THAT DOES NOT BELONG HERE AT ALL!

And it's true madonna was fucking with a lot of men with urban backgrounds around the time BS was released, and she worked with babyface who was a popular r&b writer artist and producer then. She was involved with 2pac, Dallas Austin was a producer and didnt he do shit for TLC?

It's very obvious she wanted her album to have a heavy r&b influence based on the people she was hanging around with and the producers and image she chose.

I love hearing stories and reports of original setlists of tours and songs that were considered but never made the final setlist. Does anybody have any information on all the tours and what was originally rehearsed but never made the cut?! This would make such. Good topic

I love hearing stories and reports of original setlists of tours and songs that were considered but never made the final setlist. Does anybody have any information on all the tours and what was originally rehearsed but never made the cut?! This would make such. Good topic

A thread for setlist outtakes already exists, somewhere on this board...but here are some I remember:

Virgin Tour:

- Love Don't Live Here Anymore

(assumption: Physical Attraction)

Blond Ambition Tour:

- La Isla Bonita

Girlie Show:

- Live to Tell

- True Blue (I think it was supposed to be used as an interlude after Rain)

(assumption: Like a Prayer, Rescue Me, Bad Girl, This Used to Be My Playground)

Drowned World Tour:

- I Want You -> Lo Que Siente La Mujer

- Amazing -> The Funny Song

(rumoured: I'll Remember)

(assumption: Skin, Nothing Really Matters, The Power of Good-Bye, Open Your Heart, Runaway Lover, Bedtime Story, Take a Bow)

Re-Invention Tour:

- Nothing Really Matters (somewhere in the first section)

- Swim -> Frozen

- Love Profusion (Headcleanr Remix) (somewhere in the rock section)

- I'm So Stupid -> Dress You Up -> Material Girl

- Dress You Up (orignally part of the Showgirl section)

- Take a Bow (Showgirl section)

- Live to Tell (Showgirl section)

- The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (Showgirl section)

- Easy Ride

(rumoured: The Power of Good-Bye)

(assumption: Intervention, X-Static Process)

Confessions Tour:

- Deeper and Deeper -> Erotica

- Everybody -> La Isla Bonita

(assumption: Like a Prayer, Push)

Sticky and Sweet Tour:

- Impressive Instant/Burning Up -> Like a Prayer

- Open Your Heart -> Doli Doli

(rumoured: Nothing Really Matters, Everybody, Express Yourself, Bueos Aires, Angel, Jamie King also asked her to perform Rescue Me, but Madonna just laughed at him...)

MDNA Tour:

- Some Girls -> Vogue

- Falling Free -> Masterpiece (Falling Free was also considered to replace LAV, as Madonna wasn't satisfied with the way it turned out)

(rumoured: Nothing Really Matters, Physical Attraction)

THANK YOU. I asked on page 2 (or something) if she was receiving black dick at the time & my question was largely ignored. :fag:

Guest Not4Pussies

A thread for setlist outtakes already exists, somewhere on this board...but here are some I remember:

Virgin Tour:

- Love Don't Live Here Anymore

(assumption: Physical Attraction)

Girlie Show:

- Live to Tell

- True Blue (I think it was supposed to be used as an interlude after Rain)

(assumption: Like a Prayer, Rescue Me, La Isla Bonita, Bad Girl, This Used to Be My Playground)

Drowned World Tour:

- I Want You -> Lo Que Siente La Mujer

- Amazing -> The Funny Song

(rumoured: I'll Remember)

(assumption: Skin, Nothing Really Matters, The Power of Good-Bye, Open Your Heart, Runaway Lover, Bedtime Story, Take a Bow)

Re-Invention Tour:

- Nothing Really Matters (somewhere in the first section)

- Swim -> Frozen

- Love Profusion (Headcleanr Remix) (somewhere in the rock section)

- I'm So Stupid -> Dress You Up -> Material Girl

- Dress You Up (orignally part of the Showgirl section)

- Take a Bow (Showgirl section)

- Live to Tell (Showgirl section)

- The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (Showgirl section)

- Easy Ride

(rumoured: The Power of Good-Bye)

(assumption: Intervention, X-Static Process)

Confessions Tour:

- Deeper and Deeper -> Erotica

- Everybody -> La Isla Bonita

(assumption: Like a Prayer, Push)

Sticky and Sweet Tour:

- Impressive Instant/Burning Up -> Like a Prayer

- Open Your Heart -> Doli Doli

(rumoured: Nothing Really Matters, Everybody, Express Yourself, Bueos Aires, Angel, Jamie King also asked her to perform Rescue Me, but Madonna just laughed at him...)

MDNA Tour:

- Some Girls -> Vogue

- Falling Free -> Masterpiece (Falling Free was also considered to replace LAV, as Madonna wasn't satisfied with the way it turned out)

(rumoured: Nothing Really Matters, Physical Attraction)

huh? the assumptions make it confusing

she did perform LIB for Girlie Show and Amazing instead of The Funny Song? that is hard to believe and makes no sense

huh? the assumptions make it confusing

she did perform LIB for Girlie Show and Amazing instead of The Funny Song? that is hard to believe and makes no sense

I was assuming she rehearsed La Isla for Blonde Ambition...

It was confirmed that The Funny Song replaced Amazing. Her record company wanted to film the performance in order to release it as the official video for the single release, but Madonna wanted Impressive Instant to be released as the fourth single and in order to prevent Amazing from being released she cut it from the setlist.