Dream Setlist...

Mensch

I know there's another thread somewhere but someone asked me to make one and I did and wanted to share it with you guys...I wrote it out rather quickly so it's a mess, really but...

Intro would be less out of this world then her previous tours and more internal(which could be even more out of this world if you consider the dreamscape endless in imagination), somewhat like reinvention but with a utopian garden and her playing Eve in some way, with a snake in this lucid dream state where she either handles the snake or kills it or does something shocking (with sexy, half naked men) which would then lead into Bedtime Story in an epic crazy performance with flying dancers and her towering over everyone (somewhere between drowned world tour paradise flying dancers and bedtime stories and im addicted performance) in a huge dress on a platform where she could move side to side. LOUD pulsating bassline that swivel ever so lightly between Bedtime Story and almost going into Erotic (the demo version) and light magic a la the MDNA tour.

"Enter the Dream or enter the Garden"

Secret Garden

Bedtime Story

(What it feel like for a girl short worded intro) NOT an interlude

Runaway Lover

Jump

Some Girls (guitar, she would no matter what we want so I had to find somewhere to put it lol)

Rescue Me

Deeper and Deeper

Sanctuary (interlude) with a little snippet of "voices start to ring in your head tell me what do they say...distant echos from another time start to creep in your brain repeated over and over

Nightlife hits segment

Borderline/Dress You Up/Burning Up medley (guitar)

Into the Groove

Vogue 

Music

Ray of Light

Hung Up

If you forget me (interlude) with an incredible compilation of all her videos ending with her crying in you must love me (audible little snippets of her career spanning 30 years) and new footage weaves into it of her walking into her dressing room and looking at herself in the mirror before it going into...very cabaret ish 

Ballads section (where she'll appear with her original backup dancers)

Take a Bow

I'll Remember

To Have and Not to Hold (performance with dancers being very sensual and her dancing among them slowly, kind of like Whys it So hard) dancers leave, back to the 3 of them

The Power of Goodbye (with added lyrics of Rain in the bridge)

This Used to Be My Playground (short version)-ending with her disappearing from the stage, not below it but turning away from the audience and the lights dimming...a long wait.

Easy Ride interlude (a little more speed then the original but with the same message of the song, and updated remix to fit the show and new footage of her outside in a desert or by the ocean, not a private shot video, more external, which we haven't seen of Madonna in a while)

Revenge (demo)

Nothing Really Matters

Where's the Party

Holiday

The overall theme of the tour would be more colorful then MDNA (which let transgression set the tone, which I love but I can see why people think its so dark and serious)but going with psychedelic experience that goes into the mind of Madonna in the first segment, which is in her dreams, into the nightlife world of Madonna (getting all the hits in the middle and getting everyone extremely excited instead of in the end like she normally does, so that when the "if you forget me" interlude comes people see why they love her in the first place and then the opening strings of take a bow take everyone into a frenzy) and then for a moment, the section for the fans, not just hardcore fans but all her fans with some ballads to wind things down (I know normally she wouldn't do ballads back to back but it'll give her a second a to breathe with less guitars on the setlist, and if it were her final tour, fans would be crying and all over it with the original back up singers, very emotional and amazing.) In the end, we get to Madonna's original messages of dance, spiritual responsibility and joy of life with a demo as a surprise for superfans and holiday for everyone. I wanted to include like a prayer among a few others but it's been overdone already, along with la Isla and other stuff. With 4 interludes, 2 songs on guitar (instead of 3), if you fuse secret garden and bedtime stories together it would give us a total of 24 songs to the setlist which is normal for her except for this MDNA tour...

So the actual setlist would look like this

1. Secret Garden (intro)

2. Bedtime Story

3. Runaway Lover -with lyrical intro from "WIFLFAG"

4. Jump

5. Some Girls

6. Rescue Me

7. Deeper & Deeper

8. Sanctuary (interlude)-added lyrics from "Voices"

9. Borderline/Dress You Up/Burning Up medley

10. Into the Groove

11. Vogue 

12. Music

13. Ray of Light

14. Hung Up

15. If You Forget Me (interlude) full compilation of her entire career-long

16. Take a Bow

17. I'll Remember

18. To Have & Not to Hold

19. The Power of Goodbye (with "Rain" lyrics in bridge)

20. This Used to Be My Playground (short)

21. Easy Ride (interlude)

22. Revenge (demo)

23. Nothing Really Matters

24. Where's the Party

25. Holiday

I know there's another thread somewhere but someone asked me to make one and I did and wanted to share it with you guys...I wrote it out rather quickly so it's a mess, really but...

Intro would be less out of this world then her previous tours and more internal(which could be even more out of this world if you consider the dreamscape endless in imagination), somewhat like reinvention but with a utopian garden and her playing Eve in some way, with a snake in this lucid dream state where she either handles the snake or kills it or does something shocking (with sexy, half naked men) which would then lead into Bedtime Story in an epic crazy performance with flying dancers and her towering over everyone (somewhere between drowned world tour paradise flying dancers and bedtime stories and im addicted performance) in a huge dress on a platform where she could move side to side. LOUD pulsating bassline that swivel ever so lightly between Bedtime Story and almost going into Erotic (the demo version) and light magic a la the MDNA tour.

"Enter the Dream or enter the Garden"

Secret Garden

Bedtime Story

(What it feel like for a girl short worded intro) NOT an interlude

Runaway Lover

Jump

Some Girls (guitar, she would no matter what we want so I had to find somewhere to put it lol)

Rescue Me

Deeper and Deeper

Sanctuary (interlude) with a little snippet of "voices start to ring in your head tell me what do they say...distant echos from another time start to creep in your brain repeated over and over

Nightlife hits segment

Borderline/Dress You Up/Burning Up medley (guitar)

Into the Groove

Vogue

Music

Ray of Light

Hung Up

If you forget me (interlude) with an incredible compilation of all her videos ending with her crying in you must love me (audible little snippets of her career spanning 30 years) and new footage weaves into it of her walking into her dressing room and looking at herself in the mirror before it going into...very cabaret ish

Ballads section (where she'll appear with her original backup dancers)

Take a Bow

I'll Remember

To Have and Not to Hold (performance with dancers being very sensual and her dancing among them slowly, kind of like Whys it So hard) dancers leave, back to the 3 of them

The Power of Goodbye (with added lyrics of Rain in the bridge)

This Used to Be My Playground (short version)-ending with her disappearing from the stage, not below it but turning away from the audience and the lights dimming...a long wait.

Easy Ride interlude (a little more speed then the original but with the same message of the song, and updated remix to fit the show and new footage of her outside in a desert or by the ocean, not a private shot video, more external, which we haven't seen of Madonna in a while)

Revenge (demo)

Nothing Really Matters

Where's the Party

Holiday

The overall theme of the tour would be more colorful then MDNA (which let transgression set the tone, which I love but I can see why people think its so dark and serious)but going with psychedelic experience that goes into the mind of Madonna in the first segment, which is in her dreams, into the nightlife world of Madonna (getting all the hits in the middle and getting everyone extremely excited instead of in the end like she normally does, so that when the "if you forget me" interlude comes people see why they love her in the first place and then the opening strings of take a bow take everyone into a frenzy) and then for a moment, the section for the fans, not just hardcore fans but all her fans with some ballads to wind things down (I know normally she wouldn't do ballads back to back but it'll give her a second a to breathe with less guitars on the setlist, and if it were her final tour, fans would be crying and all over it with the original back up singers, very emotional and amazing.) In the end, we get to Madonna's original messages of dance, spiritual responsibility and joy of life with a demo as a surprise for superfans and holiday for everyone. I wanted to include like a prayer among a few others but it's been overdone already, along with la Isla and other stuff. With 4 interludes, 2 songs on guitar (instead of 3), if you fuse secret garden and bedtime stories together it would give us a total of 24 songs to the setlist which is normal for her except for this MDNA tour...

So the actual setlist would look like this

1. Secret Garden (intro)

2. Bedtime Story

3. Runaway Lover -with lyrical intro from "WIFLFAG"

4. Jump

5. Some Girls

6. Rescue Me

7. Deeper & Deeper

8. Sanctuary (interlude)-added lyrics from "Voices"

9. Borderline/Dress You Up/Burning Up medley

10. Into the Groove

11. Vogue

12. Music

13. Ray of Light

14. Hung Up

15. If You Forget Me (interlude) full compilation of her entire career-long

16. Take a Bow

17. I'll Remember

18. To Have & Not to Hold

19. The Power of Goodbye (with "Rain" lyrics in bridge)

20. This Used to Be My Playground (short)

21. Easy Ride (interlude)

22. Revenge (demo)

23. Nothing Really Matters

24. Where's the Party

25. Holiday

This looks/sounds amazing! But it will probably never ever happen :(

I would like Madonna to do a real stripped down tour in small venues or at least just one show that would be recorded. Kind of like VH1 Storytellers or MTV Unplugged. This might bore some of you, but I would love it. It would be a show to showcase Madonna's vocals, which I think are severely underrated. I was thinking that it would be cool to choose one song per album, as well as soundtrack singles.

Here's my setlist: (doesn't have to be in this order, it was just easier to list chronologically)

1. Physical Attraction
  2. Angel
  3. Crazy For You
  4. Live To Tell
  5. Oh Father
  6. Bad Girl
  7. This Used To Be My Playground
  8. I'll Remember
  9. Secret
  10. You'll See
  11. Drowned World/Substitute For Love
  12. I Deserve It
  13. Easy Ride
  14. Forbidden Love (COAD)
  15. Voices
  16. Love Spent

Edited by FrznDrwnWrlD

I would like Madonna to do a real stripped down tour in small venues or at least just one show that would be recorded. Kind of like VH1 Storytellers or MTV Unplugged. This might bore some of you, but I would love it. It would be a show to showcase Madonna's vocals, which I think are severely underrated. I was thinking that it would be cool to choose one song per album, as well as soundtrack singles.

Here's my setlist: (doesn't have to be in this order, it was just easier to list chronologically)

1. Physical Attraction
  2. Angel
  3. Crazy For You
  4. Live To Tell
  5. Oh Father
  6. Bad Girl
  8. I'll Remember
  9. Secret
  10. You'll See
  12. I Deserve It
  13. Easy Ride
  15. Voices
  16. Love Spent

That would be awesome!

Here's mine....

1. B'Day Song

2. Give Me A Bucket

3. Hey You

4. Jimmy Jimmy

5. 4 Minutes ft. Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift

7. The Fart Poem from Truthor Dare

8. The Funny Song

9. Best Friend

10. American Life [Rap section only Interlude]

11. Revolver

12. Born This Way

13. Me Against The Music ft. Psy [Gangdam Remix]

14. Rap to publicist from Truth Or Dare doco [encore]

I know it will never happen, but it's my dream. x.

Here's mine....

1. B'Day Song

2. Give Me A Bucket

3. Hey You

4. Jimmy Jimmy

8. The Funny Song

9. Best Friend

11. Revolver

12. Born This Way

Omg I am CRACKING UP

Here's mine....

1. B'Day Song

2. Give Me A Bucket

3. Hey You

4. Jimmy Jimmy

8. The Funny Song

9. Best Friend

11. Revolver

12. Born This Way

No Pretender or Superstar? *sad face*

BALLADS section? :noway:

Really?! She has so many beautiful ballads that she never performed ... It could be the new "guitar" for future tours Ashe gets older. She could slow things down and relax for a minute.

1. Physical Attraction
  2. Angel
  3. Crazy For You
  4. Live To Tell
  5. Oh Father
  6. Bad Girl
  8. I'll Remember
  9. Secret
  10. You'll See
  12. I Deserve It
  13. Easy Ride
  15. Voices
  16. Love Spent

I'm certain we will get a Madonna unplugged some day. Guy O said a while ago he thinks is a great idea and Madonna would love to show off her incredible voice.

I'm certain we will get a Madonna unplugged some day. Guy O said a while ago he thinks is a great idea and Madonna would love to show off her incredible voice.

I was actually thinking about this the other day, a triple threat opening of massive horn-laden Express Yourself, 4 Minutes (as a solo) and Holiday before slowing right down a full string accompanied Frozen, You Must Love Me, LTT, etc

I don't think she should go full stripped down Unplugged, more like an acoustic, no-bells-and-whistles set with a small orchestra

Edited by rb19

Give Me All Your Luvin’

4 Minutes

Express Yourself

American Life (interlude)

Ray Of Light

True Blue

Love Profusion

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who’s That Girl

Deeper And Deeper

Girl Gone Wild

Like A Prayer

Erotica (interlude)

Rescue Me

Frozen

Take A Bow

Crazy For You

Die Another Day (interlude)

Hung Up

Music

Holiday

Turn Up The Radio

Okay, so here's my setlist! :) It really doesn't focus on hits just on tracks I'd like to see her perform. Oh I also got a little inspired by Mensch's setlist too! ;)

I. PARADISE/SIN

Madonna leads us into the Paradise, her "Secret Garden" with a video interlude directed by Steven Klein. It features lots of Biblical references and symbolism and is supposed to represent the Garden of Eden with Madonna being Eve, who is being seduced by "devil in the sky". She starts of Bedtime Story all dressed in white, as well as her dancers. During Sanctuary Madonna meets the devil and dances with him to an Orchestral version of "Beautiful Stranger" by Monsieur Adi. The Garden Eden turns into hell during Skin and Madonna gets punished for her sin. After being thrown out of "Paradse" she realizes that this world, the paradise was "not for her".

0. Secret Garden (Video Introduction) (contains samples from "The Beast Within", "You Thrill Me" and "Shanti/Ashtangi")

1. Bedtime Story

2. Sanctuary

3. Beautiful Stranger [Monsieur Adi Remix]

4. Skin (contains samples from "Act of Contrition")

5. Paradise (Not for Me) – Interlude (contains samples from "Isaac" and "Drowned World/Substitute for Love")

II. CABARET

Madonna portrays a female cabaretist, a sinner, who seduces men with her beauty, but in the end can't find what she's looking for, fame and love. She somehow feels incomplete, eventhough men admire her and in the end "takes a bow" and says goodbye to this kind of lifestyle. In the very end she asks herself, "So what happens now? Where am I going to?". The satge will look like a cabaret stage with some dancers wearing theatre mask. During "Take a Bow" these dancers will take off their masks. This section will be sexual and very theatrical.

6. I Want You (contains samples from "Justify My Love", "Erotica" and "Fever")

7. Open Your Heart

8. Physical Attraction

9. Beautiful Killer/Die Another Day

10. Bad Girl (contains excerpts from "What It Feels Like for a Girl")

11. Medley: Take a Bow/The Power of Good-Bye (contains excerpts from "Another Suitcase in Another Hall")

III. MATERIAL WORLD

In this section Madonna critisizes modern society, fame and the ideal of beauty. She realizes that there is so much more to life than being famous and having money. She tells people to speak up for themselves to keep on going and never stop (Beat Goes On). On stage there will be a lot of fashion dolls standing around with some of them resembling Madonna's earlier looks. Some dancers will also look like dolls, which is supposed to be critique towards beauty ideal and plastic surgery. Madonna will mess around with them during her perfrmances.

12. Material Girl/Give It 2 Me - Interlude

13. Vogue

14. Hollywood

15. I'm So Stupid [Rock Version] (contains samples from "She's Not Me")

16. Sorry (contains samples from "I Don't Give A")

17. Beat Goes On (contains samples from "Express Yourself")

18. Nobody Knows Me

IV. ILLUMINATION

During "Nobody Knows Me" Madonna said "She feels closer to the light", which leads us to this section. This is the last section of the show and represent Madonna's spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. In Rescue Me she found someone, who loves her for who she is and his love will rescue her from her misery. Her love story continues throughout this section with very futuristic stage costumes and design. Her final enlightenment is expressed with the two final songs "Like a Prayer" and "Nothing Really Matters".

19. Rescue Me – Interlude

20. Impressive Instant

21. I'm Addicted

22. Like a Prayer

23. Nothing Really Matters (contains excerpts from "Drowned World/Substitute for Love")

V. ENCORE

The encore shows her final transformation. She found freedom from the things that bothered her and focuses on being herself, which makes people think "who that girl is", because they've never seen the real Madonna.

24. Who's That Girl (contains samples from "Where's the Party")

25. Everybody (contains samples from "Jump" and "Music")

So the setlst would look like this...

0. Secret Garden (Video Introduction) (contains samples from "The Beast Within", "You Thrill Me" and "Shanti/Ashtangi")

1. Bedtime Story

2. Sanctuary

5. Paradise (Not for Me) (Video Interlude) (contains samples from "Isaac" and "Drowned World/Substitute for Love")

6. I Want You (contains samples from "Justify My Love" and "Erotica")

7. Open Your Heart

8. Physical Attraction (contains samples from "Fever")

11. Medley: Take a Bow/The Power of Good-Bye (contains excerpts from "Another Suitcase in Another Hall")

12. Material Girl/Give It 2 Me (Video Interlude)

13. Vogue

14. Hollywood

18. Nobody Knows Me

19. Rescue Me (Video Interlude)

20. Impressive Instant

21. I'm Addicted

22. Like a Prayer

23. Nothing Really Matters (contains excerpts from "Drowned World/Substitute for Love")

Encore:

Okay, so here's my setlist! :) It really doesn't focus on hits just on tracks I'd like to see her perform.

I. PARADISE/SIN

Madonna leads us into the Paradise, her "Secret Garden" with a video interlude directed by Steven Klein. It features lots of Biblical references and symbolism and is supposed to represent the Garden of Eden with Madonna being Eve, who is being seduced by "devil in the sky". She starts of Bedtime Story all dressed in white, as well as her dancers. During Sanctuary Madonna meets the devil and dances with him to an Orchestral version of "Beautiful Stranger" by Monsieur Adi. The Garden Eden turns into hell during Skin and Madonna gets punished for her sin. After being thrown out of "Paradse" she realizes that this world, the paradise was "not for her".

1. Bedtime Story

2. Sanctuary

5. Paradise (Not for Me) – Interlude (contains samples from "Isaac" and "Drowned World/Substitute for Love")

II. CABARET

Madonna portrays a female cabaretist, a sinner, who seduces men with her beauty, but in the end can't find what she's looking for, fame and love. She somehow feels incomplete, eventhough men admire her and in the end "takes a bow" and says goodbye to this kind of lifestyle. In the very end she asks herself, "So what happens now? Where am I going to?". The satge will look like a cabaret stage with some dancers wearing theatre mask. During "Take a Bow" these dancers will take off their masks. This section will be sexual and very theatrical.

6. I Want You (contains samples from "Justify My Love", "Erotica" and "Fever")

7. Open Your Heart

8. Physical Attraction

III. MATERIAL WORLD

In this section Madonna critisizes modern society, fame and the ideal of beauty. She realizes that there is so much more to life than being famous and having money. She tells people to speak up for themselves to keep on going and never stop (Beat Goes On). On stage there will be a lot of fashion dolls standing around with some of them resembling Madonna's earlier looks. Some dancers will also look like dolls, which is supposed to be critique towards beauty ideal and plastic surgery. Madonna will mess around with them during her perfrmances.

12. Material Girl/Give It 2 Me - Interlude

13. Vogue

14. Hollywood

18. Nobody Knows Me

IV. ILLUMINATION

During "Nobody Knows Me" Madonna said "She feels closer to the light", which leads us to this section. This is the last section of the show and represent Madonna's spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. In Rescue Me she found someone, who loves her for who she is and his love will rescue her from her misery. Her love story continues throughout this section with very futuristic stage costumes and design. Her final enlightenment is expressed with the two final songs "Like a Prayer" and "Nothing Really Matters".

19. Rescue Me – Interlude

20. Impressive Instant

21. I'm Addicted

22. Like a Prayer

V. ENCORE

The encore shows her final transformation. She found freedom from the things that bothered her and focuses on being herself, which makes people think "who that girl is", because they've never seen the real Madonna.

So the setlst would look like this...

1. Bedtime Story

2. Sanctuary

5. Paradise (Not for Me) (Video Interlude) (contains samples from "Isaac" and "Drowned World/Substitute for Love")

6. I Want You (contains samples from "Justify My Love" and "Erotica")

7. Open Your Heart

8. Physical Attraction (contains samples from "Fever")

12. Material Girl/Give It 2 Me (Video Interlude)

13. Vogue

14. Hollywood

18. Nobody Knows Me

19. Rescue Me (Video Interlude)

20. Impressive Instant

21. I'm Addicted

22. Like a Prayer

Encore:

What! I :wow: it!

I think we would agree Secret Garden should open up her next tour followed by Bedtime Story and Nothing Really Matter and Power should be performed!

What! I :wow: it!

I think we would agree Secret Garden should open up her next tour followed by Bedtime Story and Nothing Really Matter and Power should be performed!

Yes! *_* Especially Nothing Really Matters and TPOGB! I think she shouldn't focus too much on just including hits on her tours, I mean it's the meaning of the song/performance that comes first, in order to create an amazing show! The theatrical element in her shows is what makes them so special!

Ok this is what I'd want for Australia lol dreams are free

Girl Gone Wild

Beautiful Killer

Gang Bang

Papa Don't Preach (Edit)

Die Another Day

I Don't Give A

Sorry (Interlude)

Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Ray Of Light

Secret

Masterpiece

Justify My Love (Interlude)

Vogue

Animal-Erotica (Mash Up)

Human Nature

Like A Virgin-Love Spent

I'm A Sinner (Interlude)

Like A Prayer

Turn Up The Hits (Interlude)

Turn Up The Radio

Hung Up

Everybody-Music (Mash Up)

Crazy For You

Holiday-Celebration (Mash Up)

Ok this is what I'd want for Australia lol dreams are free

Girl Gone Wild

Beautiful Killer

Gang Bang

Papa Don't Preach (Edit)

Die Another Day

I Don't Give A

Sorry (Interlude)

Express Yourself

Open Your Heart

Ray Of Light

Secret

Masterpiece

Justify My Love (Interlude)

Vogue

Animal-Erotica (Mash Up)

Human Nature

Like A Virgin-Love Spent

I'm A Sinner (Interlude)

Like A Prayer

Turn Up The Hits (Interlude)

Turn Up The Radio

Hung Up

Everybody-Music (Mash Up)

Crazy For You

Holiday-Celebration (Mash Up)

I like this quite a bit and seems reasonable. I also thought that it would've been awesome to mash up Animal with Erotica! And it would've given us a new song :)

Besides everyone's awesome ideas, I would add that I'd like a nice rework of American Life someday - without the rap, and with a little more dancey vibe, it could be enjoyable.