Detroit, MI - 11/8/2012

iasonas

Guest Pud Whacker

The place looked pretty packed to me. In fact I kept moving to get closer and each time someone showed up for their seats, kicking me back. If there's any articles stating poor attendance, they're just straight lying.

Full Review:

Last night was so magical. I haven't stopped thinking about her all day. What keeps coming back to me is blond hair. She was so blond last night and positively beautiful; I got a lot of Virgin Tour vibes from this show — esp during Vogue/Candy Shop where her hair was swept up.

Waiting outside for the doors to open was fun too. There were fans dressed as "Vogue," drum majorette, and a young girl as punk-look M from DWT. An employee from Joe Louis Arena, an older guy, came out and said something about Lady FaFa and how Madonna gave birth to her and Nikki Minaj, to which I applauded loudly of course. When you finally got to walk inside it went from cold night skies to a Madonna Wonderland inside LOL. All the tour merchandise. The T-shirts are 40 bucks though wtf I thought 30 dollars. And, it's true, they are not the best quality. My initial reaction was hell no I'm not getting ripped off but 10 minutes later there I am buying a bunch of shit lol. How often does Madonna come to town? The arm sweat-bands are my favorite. They are well-made and only 10 bucks. It's mainly the T-shirts that are wallet-busters. I got the album cover one in black w/ the tour dates on back. Those 'Justify' ones are $45, yet you can buy a whole MDNA sweatshirt for $50, so I skipped 'em.

Paul Oakenfold was decent. It was dance music so I'm happy. Yes, Monte Pittman came out and ppl were up and dancing. Overall the crowd was in great spirits. Lots of people were dressed up in evening attire, loving Madonna, really ready for a party. You can tell they had been looking forward to this. The ppl sitting around me were pretty drunk lol. During M's speech the guy behind me kept yelling "Sing bitch!" and during LAV "Take it off!" Sounds possibly annoying, but no it wasn't. Everyone was just really excited and laughing. The only booing came when she talked about Obama, but it was just political, not really directed at her. She came on late again. I was talking to a girl and she said M would come on around 10:00. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was more like 10:30. It ended up being 10:40-10:45. There was no booing, in fact, about every 7 minutes or so ppl started cheering. Oh, age-wise the crowd was across the spectrum, but I would say, surprisingly, most were pretty young which was nice to see.

People were standing up and cheering during the likely suspects: LAP, Vogue, and Express Yourself. You could really tell who the casual fans were cuz the hits got 'em dancing. The MDNA songs did not flop w/ them though. TUTR was a hit and the guy behind me was loving Gang Bang. The spectacle of GAYLUV kept the momentum from Express Yourself, no problem.

A lot of fans say I'm Addicted works better live than on video and I agree. The bass is really kicking and it's visually a very pleasing number. Before I'm A Sinner she walked to the side of the stage very casually and a slew of ppl encircled M to touch up her make-up. She stood so still and upright — yes, like a regal queen. Then she came out for I'm A Sinner and I loved that one too. No, Basque Country & TUTR is still not my favorite part, but I can honestly say there is not one part I dislike. This tour works very well live.

When she "stripped" during LAV she barely showed her butt and the guy didn't come out to truss her up. Not that I really care about seeing M naked but I was kinda disappointed. Then she laid down and started singing Love Spent and the guy came out then. I was like, whhhaaaat. It caught me off guard, which was cool. She laid on the piano and practically put her crotch in the piano players face lol. LAV/Love Spent part of the show was Quintessential Madonna and mesmerizing. Another part in LAP she just started free spinning in the center of the stage's triangle and everyone went crazy; her gold robe is GORGEOUS. Just b4 TUTR when they're playing all those videos, you start realizing, Oh she did that too! Hung Up in the leotard, ICONIC, I forgot about that. This is the same woman. You're so caught up in the moment of seeing her live in a certain moment that you start forgetting all that she's done. At least for me.

Just b4 Celebration I walked down much further to the stage and saw her so crisp and well. What really blows my mind about her right now is that she is sooo famous — yes, an icon — but when you see her up-close it's just a woman. She's a human being. I think that's what's wonderful about seeing her live and why it's a MUST DO for every fan; her entire body of work is represented in one person right in front of you. Celebration: She was so cute in her little tennis shoes, BLOND BLOND HAIR and little leather pants just bouncing around. I loved the encore. What more can I say, The show is simply outstanding.

sloane - that was the best review!!!

MADONNA!!!

Are you gonna share your "moment" with us, LCD? I would love to see it. :)

btw here's Tony @00:15

...and :chuckle: at Joans face @03:16

[media=]

[/media]

OMG I LOVE that SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE JUST GOT FUCKED & PUT AWAY WET RIGHT IN FRONT OF JOAN.

GIFS! GIFS! GIFS!!!

LOLOL.... Joan is all like..."WTF, I thought this girl grew outta this shit..."

Love it, beautiful moment. I am sure Joan really does respect her stepdaughter's longevity in the business and her resilliance against the ongoing harsh criticism she endures.

DAMMIT I'VE GONE FROM BEING A PUNK OVER NOT WANTING TO SPEND MUCH ON A TICKET, TO BLISSFULLY HAPPY I WENT, TO SERIOUSLY PISSED I DIDN'T BUY THAT FLOOR TICKET! What the hell was I thinking???? Fuck a handbag and Christmas I should've spent it all on Madonna. It would've seriously been worth it. Never again. From now on it's FRONT ROW

DAMMIT I'VE GONE FROM BEING A PUNK OVER NOT WANTING TO SPEND MUCH ON A TICKET, TO BLISSFULLY HAPPY I WENT, TO SERIOUSLY PISSED I DIDN'T BUY THAT FLOOR TICKET! What the hell was I thinking???? Fuck a handbag and Christmas I should've spent it all on Madonna. It would've seriously been worth it. Never again. From now on it's FRONT ROW

:lol:

I like you.

:lol:

I like you.

LOL EVEN THOUGH I PICKED SAVING A FEW LOUSY DOLLARS OVER HAVING THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS CROTCH SHOVED IN MY FACE?? I AM DISGUSTED W/ MYSELF RIGHT NOW.

Thanx though :laugh:

A TANK OF GAS AND A PIZZA IS WHAT IT WOULD'VE COST ME EXTRA. HOW STUPID AM I DAMMIT. NOW I DON'T EVEN WANT THAT DAMN STINKIN' HANDBAG AND AM TOO MAD TO SPEND IT ON XMAS PRESENTS. I'M TAKING THAT 100 BUCKS AND FRAMING IT ONTO A WALL AS A TESTAMENT TO HOW STOOOOPID I AM. It's been bothering me all day that I made a mistake and now I come home to see all these pics & gifs and have been proven right. I fucked up. I made a mistake :abuse:

Even when watching Love Spent live I knew I had fucked up. OH WELL. Never again, like I said.