The DVD

Guest bluejean

The wait for DVD is becoming eternal

I hope many extras in DVD. Rehearsals, controversy.... I suppose it would be around 30 minutes, like CT and S&S extras.

We already had 3 or 4 MDNA backstage vids on Youtube so far, so I doubt that the DVD will have new and relevant bonus ):

BTW: thank guys who posted pics from CT Japan ;)

We already had 3 or 4 MDNA backstage vids on Youtube so far, so I doubt that the DVD will have new and relevant bonus ):

BTW: thank guys who posted pics from CT Japan ;)

I think this era had been perfect for a new Im going to tell you a secret or In bed with Madonna

Anyway, I hope more new extras :)

There was A LOT filmed. Perhaps that could be the delay in the DVD release.....there is a decent "Making of" being put together. I saw a shit ton of fan vids from soundchecks w Brahim, Guy O, or others walking around M with cameras.

yes it was. This show was more about madonna icon than any other after blond ambition. Imagine all those shit happens with mic, stage, screens..then scandals like tits, russian gays, le penn, late shows, paris sabotage, electricity in cordoba..then highlights like all those soundchecks, rains, cigarettes, t shirts, hats, eltons and gagas..GOSH! It would be the best tour documentary ever!

so much material and ofcours - the show was just IMPRESSIVE FUCKING SHIT

yes it was. This show was more about madonna icon than any other after blond ambition. Imagine all those shit happens with mic, stage, screens..then scandals like tits, russian gays, le penn, late shows, paris sabotage, electricity in cordoba..then highlights like all those soundchecks, rains, cigarettes, t shirts, hats, eltons and gagas..GOSH! It would be the best tour documentary ever!

so much material and ofcours - the show was just IMPRESSIVE FUCKING SHIT

I agree! There was so much going on, so many twists and controversies... She could make one hell of a statement on sexism, ageism and discrimination with all that surrounded her on this massive tour...

MDNA was the return of the full-on BALLS out, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK Madonna.....the only controversial topic I can't excuse are the late show starts as they are very poor form and disrespectful to the people who fund these mass events (the fans), but the creation that was MDNA is 100% Madonna, 100% her attitude, and 100% her legendary artistry. I was more than privileged and honored to experience 2x, both times within the sacred Golden Triangle.

I still can't stop watching YouTube vids as I have since the tour start....I am obsessed. I cannot wait for the DVD (hopefully I made the cut somewhere as my second show was Miami night #1).

There was A LOT filmed. Perhaps that could be the delay in the DVD release.....there is a decent "Making of" being put together. I saw a shit ton of fan vids from soundchecks w Brahim, Guy O, or others walking around M with cameras.

It was the same way with Sticky. Guy and the gardener were every where with cameras.

Well, I guess you could say we did get a "decent" making of for that DVD.

It was the same way with Sticky. Guy and the gardener were every where with cameras.

Well, I guess you could say we did get a "decent" making of for that DVD.

It was more than decent, far superior to the Confessions one. I love the Making of S&S, it was very well done.

It was vurrry good. I love it. We got alot that era. There was also those Blackberry clips we got that showed the making of/auditions for the promo tour.

MDNA was the return of the full-on BALLS out, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK Madonna.....

That's what I LOVED about this era. From the show itself, to the interviews, to the way she just carried herself... this is the Madonna I fell in love with.

NTP.

I've never been bothered by Madonna's tardiness. She seems to be consistently late, no? I remember everyone saying she didn't go on until 9:45 or 10:00 every night, so I showed up at the venue at 9:30 and she went on at 10pm. It's not like she was erratic about it and you had to show up at 7:45 and wait three hours.

NTP.

I've never been bothered by Madonna's tardiness. She seems to be consistently late, no? I remember everyone saying she didn't go on until 9:45 or 10:00 every night, so I showed up at the venue at 9:30 and she went on at 10pm. It's not like she was erratic about it and you had to show up at 7:45 and wait three hours.

My show was in a stadium, she started at 11:45. I HAD to wait for 8 hours.

NTP.

And that's not strictly true. She was on time for Hyde Park because she was worried about getting another fine like she did for S&S Wembley and because she was scared her mic would be cut off :rotfl:

So yes the show started in broad daylight pretty much and it was windy so the whole screen effect for the confession booth was completely ruined :lmao:

I don't understand the late issue. Mind you, she can be very, very late (anything after 10 is pushing it a little bit)... but most mainstream music artists - pop, rock, etc. - NEVER start at the stated ticket time.

What's happened, today's concert goers have never been to a fucking live music concert before? It's not musical theater where you have to be seated or else. The music business has never started concerts at the stated ticket time. I don't know what alternate universe the public is living in today. Maybe they all just need something to constantly complain about?

(And I'm referring to the general public, not Madonna fans here).

I've never been to a concert that started on time. Ever. Janet -always starts late (between 9 and 9:30). Britney didn't start to nearly 10 (and seemed incoherent). Cher took forever. RandB acts/Old-school acts go on whenever they fucking feel like it... unless there's a curfew.

And M's shows are such technical/theatrical monstrosities I can only imagine what can go wrong.

Edited by VogueMusic

well , when the ticket says the shows gonna start at 8 .

and she comes at 11:40 in a monday , the arena is sure gonna be pissed , i was tired by the time she came up

In that case, true. I think anything past 10 (10:15 is pushing it) is gonna get folks a little upset.

Guest bluejean

:lmao:/> at people suggesting S&S is poorly edited :rotfl:/>

I know, I was thinking that too. I thought the editing was better than Confessions. The filming was superb, the stadium shots etc look amazing. My only complaint would be the "live" vocals.

Ughh I missed half a Kylie concert once cuz she was on time (about 8). When we got there we even bought ice creams, drinks, looked at the t-shirts, went to the loo thinking we were hearing the support group and had plenty of time. :order: by the time we found our seats there was an intermission!

It's a lot of work to do to get that crowd looking decent

This is sadly true, I was there and the place was emptying out by the time LAP and Celebration rolled around (post 1:00 am on a Tuesday night). It's gonna take a lot of work to fill in the crowd gaps.....I was in the GT, and I have to honestly say, my first Triangle experience in Denver was a much better Triangle bunch.

I'm really grateful they filmed the dvd, but I'm still confused about why they made the choice for Miami. Like people have been saying on this forum for a while- the crowd was leaving early for the recorded show due to the late start time, and during the first night people were booing before she came on.

I saw a few weeks back on the ticket master site, dozens of horrible reviews for the Miami concert when I know it must of have been amazing. It seems like a significant number of people were so pissed about the late start time, that they were not able to enjoy the fucking show. The excessive violence, dark themes, and lack of hits probably made some people feel really disappointed and angry.

I look forward to the day when she downsizes the venues, and she starts playing smaller spaces. I hope she becomes less concerned about making as much money as possible from touring, but I think she is too shrewd and materialistic to do that.