The "Turn Up The Radio" Video Thread

Love this picture!

Avye8vYCQAAnA1F.jpg

And this one is B Akerlund in the countryside of Florence, she posted on Twiiter.

d6f42edcba6311e1bf341231380f8a12_7.jpg

God, I think the visuals of this video are gonna be amazing!

Good thing they removed the California plate! Can't fucking wait to see the final product.

I bet the opening is gonna be BLISS! :faint:

You know, this era originally seemed to lack a cohesive theme that Madonna eras tend to have, but as time has passed, it's more and more evident that the theme is just Madonna the Bad Ass Bitch. From the I-do-what-I-want-and-you-deal-with-it music to the hot whore photoshoots, from the tits, ass, and thighs Cougardonna videos to the blatant badassery of the MDNA Tour, Madonna has been on top form this era. Pop culture moments like the Hydrangea incident, the Super Bowl, Reductive, the nipple flash, and the EY/BTW/SNM diss were/are all highly entertaining and just more reasons to love her. I find her to be more of a bad ass AND sexier than ever before. I think that's what's making this era for me, more than a high amount of album sales or chart topping singles could ever do.

^ :thumbsup:

Last time around, Hard Candy era was pretty much only held together by the tour - otherwise it was totally unfocused and a mess, but I totally cut her some slack on that, because her MARRIAGE was ending during that time.

This time around, everything is gelling perfectly despite the album flopping. Ironica, romance!

As you said, the "THEME" this time around isn't anything in particular, it's just Madonna renewed as a confident woman. That's why the tour and album are so unapologetic. The tour has a few big hits sprinkled in it, other than that it's all new music or obscure past songs. The album is defiant and honest. It's all just a perfect era and I feel so bad for the bitties who think she's lost it! Sorry for your anger! :inlove:

The album is defiant and honest. It's all just a perfect era and I feel so bad for the bitties who think she's lost it! Sorry for your anger! :inlove:

Godonna said it best...

I tried to become all that you expect of me

and if it was a failure, I don't give a....

:inlove:

You know, this era originally seemed to lack a cohesive theme that Madonna eras tend to have, but as time has passed, it's more and more evident that the theme is just Madonna the Bad Ass Bitch.

I think that is most Madonna eras. :)

I can't really discern a new theme from this era, but it doesn't really bother me. I suppose the multiple uses of Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! one could surmise that the theme is "Bitch Without a Cause" or something 60's inspired. However, that inspiration seems to have come late to the game as the first single and video were more Superbowl-oriented.

^ But even in that video she seemed to be keeping this whole 60s pinup/self-referential thing going.

Ya think? I always thought she looked very 80's in that video...like she was referencing her first album. Well, maybe not the Marilyn-like scenes but the wall dancing ones.

^ :thumbsup:

Last time around, Hard Candy era was pretty much only held together by the tour - otherwise it was totally unfocused and a mess, but I totally cut her some slack on that, because her MARRIAGE was ending during that time.

This time around, everything is gelling perfectly despite the album flopping. Ironica, romance!

As you said, the "THEME" this time around isn't anything in particular, it's just Madonna renewed as a confident woman. That's why the tour and album are so unapologetic. The tour has a few big hits sprinkled in it, other than that it's all new music or obscure past songs. The album is defiant and honest. It's all just a perfect era and I feel so bad for the bitties who think she's lost it! Sorry for your anger! :inlove:

That's the only thing I did no enjoy from HC, the lack of theme or concept. I think it was all there in the first stages with Give It 2 Me as the original album title and the boxing theme in the photo shoot. It all just got lost in translation once the album was changed to Hard Candy and someone had the bright I idea of putting her in front of pepper mint candy and jelly beans :|.

The genius of Music and COADF was that she carried the theme out beautifully in videos, media appearances and on stage.

In a perfect world where she didn't need a "hit" and had to release 4M as a lead G2M would have been the lead single, full on boxing themed video and interviews in full boxing drag. Oh well, let's bask in the awesomeness of this era. Cougardonna lives!!

That's the only thing I did no enjoy from HC, the lack of theme or concept. I think it was all there in the first stages with Give It 2 Me as the original album title and the boxing theme in the photo shoot. It all just got lost in translation once the album was changed to Hard Candy and someone had the bright I idea of putting her in front of pepper mint candy and jelly beans :|.

The genius of Music and COADF was that she carried the theme out beautifully in videos, media appearances and on stage.

In a perfect world where she didn't need a "hit" and had to release 4M as a lead G2M would have been the lead single, full on boxing themed video and interviews in full boxing drag. Oh well, let's bask in the awesomeness of this era. Cougardonna lives!!

This.

I think it would be a big FUCK YOU to her fans is she did NOT do a Gang Bang video. I demand a 10 minute, story-driven epic.

TUTR video is looking good so far, but picking people up in her car seems a bit lame. The tits and hair are perfect tho

how is it a FUCK YOU to her fans? Its being performed amazingly on stage currently + I don't even think the song is THAT EPIC to begin with....and i am a FAN!

get over it

You know, this era originally seemed to lack a cohesive theme that Madonna eras tend to have, but as time has passed, it's more and more evident that the theme is just Madonna the Bad Ass Bitch. From the I-do-what-I-want-and-you-deal-with-it music to the hot whore photoshoots, from the tits, ass, and thighs Cougardonna videos to the blatant badassery of the MDNA Tour, Madonna has been on top form this era. Pop culture moments like the Hydrangea incident, the Super Bowl, Reductive, the nipple flash, and the EY/BTW/SNM diss were/are all highly entertaining and just more reasons to love her. I find her to be more of a bad ass AND sexier than ever before. I think that's what's making this era for me, more than a high amount of album sales or chart topping singles could ever do.

I completely agree with everything you said! That's why I love this era (and her in general). :inlove:

Oh god and that awkward interview with JT. :lmao:

tumblr_m5w20vplhl1qccuv2o1_500.jpg

lmao what is this woman doing now? She so crazy. I love trashy cougar Madonna and I say "trash" with love. There's always been a purpose to it and done w/ style— not just some talentless pop tart like all the rest who just get naked and shake it. If they're trying to be M wannabees, they've completely missed the point...

There is too much talk about M's looks though. Yes, she looks great on this set but geezus no wonder she has to put so much into it, that's all ppl ever talk about. She looked fantastic on DWT and Hard Candy was a great era too. It took me a minute to warm up to this era too but now I like it a lot. We got the Superbowl, high quality numbers in the tour, Reductivegate & overall shitting on Lady Gaga (There was a time I worried she was gonna do what most celebrities do and say oh she's great, blah blah blah. But M came through). Lord knows I don't love everything about her but, in the end, 30 years later, there's still not one Madonna era I didn't like. As consumers of her work, we really can't ask for any more than that. These are good times, let's relish them.

I'm convinced the best is yet to come.

Edited by Sloane

On tumblr, someone named 'trendyslut' posted it. Very excellent page for Madonna pics and gifs... and cats lol

Guest bluejean

go on M, just do two more for Gang Bang and I'm Addicted/Beautiful Killer.

:lol: Let's not push our luck. I think its possible we'd get one more video for 'Gang Bang' but I wouldn't expect any more than 4.

If the fans harass Ghee on Twitter consistently enough, it could happen (Gang Bang, that is). Quentin might not direct it, but hey perhaps he'll write the treatment or something; I can't imagine them not involving QT SOMEHOW (if the video gets made), considering she pretty much wrote that song thinking about old QT and all the chit chat about how great it'd be to get them together.

Honestly, a video with THAT NAME attached to it would negate a lot of the negativity this era has suffered as a result from Madonna being such a troublemaker (slapping Gaga in the balls repeatedly, showing tits and ass, etc :lol: ). It would be an immense collaboration between two TRUE american icons.

On tumblr, someone named 'trendyslut' posted it. Very excellent page for Madonna pics and gifs... and cats lol

AHH I LOVE HIM! I talk to him all the time he's amazing!!

OMG that photo is so great though hahhahah