What happened to those stupid gyms?

karbatal

No offense, but you're wrong. Yes, LIVE NATION is in for a cut as others mentioned as well, but she's making loads of money from it as well. She isn't going to enter any deal without making sure she'll be raking in the dough for years to come even after the LIVE NATION deal is fulfilled.

You seem to have more information than me -I'd like to see where you found that out.

You seem to have more information than me -I'd like to see where you found that out.

Common sense for the most part. But there is no way these endorsements are just to simply line Live Nation's pockets. Of course, Madonna gets a percentage of the profits.

Though, here's something to think about... the gyms? How is that part of the LIVE NATION deal? Maybe it is, but I don't see how LIVE NATION would have a stake in her opening gyms up? But again, any deal she makes, no doubt she's getting a cut of the money as well.

Guest bluejean

Common sense for the most part.

:chuckle: You're speaking to Lucky Guy here. A man who has time to discuss her gyms and Live Nation deal at length but not enough time to purchase her latest album.

Guest bluejean

I actually saw an ad here in Mexico today and thought, hmmm, I had totally forgotten about that lame ass gym :lol:

:chuckle:

After they announce she's not coming to Australia she should open one up here as a "thank you" to her her fans for being understanding

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

:chuckle:

After they announce she's not coming to Australia she should open one up here as a "thank you" to her her fans for being understanding

We already have an AIDS ridden HC-esque gym here, it's Fitness First on Oxford St in Sydney :D

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I've never been, i dont go to Oxford St, but i can only imagine how much the bathroom must smell like stale semen and how much you WOULDN'T be working out in peace without someone cruising you every minute so you can head to the sauna for some rimming :lmao:

Guest bluejean

My friend reckons he was attending that gym and complained to the manager that hands kept grabbing at him while he was showering. They cancelled his membership :chuckle:

Common sense for the most part. But there is no way these endorsements are just to simply line Live Nation's pockets. Of course, Madonna gets a percentage of the profits.

Though, here's something to think about... the gyms? How is that part of the LIVE NATION deal? Maybe it is, but I don't see how LIVE NATION would have a stake in her opening gyms up? But again, any deal she makes, no doubt she's getting a cut of the money as well.

So you don't have any evidence whatsoever to back up what you're saying. Just checking.

:chuckle: You're speaking to Lucky Guy here. A man who has time to discuss her gyms and Live Nation deal at length but not enough time to purchase her latest album.

I obviously didn't make myself clear. I haven't not had the time; I've been deciding whether or not to purchase the album. I'm not going to buy something I don't think I'll enjoy. This is a change for me, because I would normally have heard it first, but with no broadband that hasn't been possible. However, based on the fact that the album has won everyone here over, I'll will be purchasing it. I'm not sure why I'm getting ball ache for this -it seems sensible to me. There are all sorts of different posters here -some have all her music but are not interested in the movies, some buy all the albums but not singles, some have gaps in their album collections, some (whisper it) like Kylie more. If we got rid of everyone who didn't meet the yardstick of acceptable fandom, this forum would be a slower and duller place.

I obviously didn't make myself clear. I haven't not had the time; I've been deciding whether or not to purchase the album. I'm not going to buy something I don't think I'll enjoy. This is a change for me, because I would normally have heard it first, but with no broadband that hasn't been possible.

I think it's all a CONSPIRACY. Who are you REALLY.

As you have no evidence that she isn't? But honestly, do you really believe that she isn't making any money from these deals? :lmao:

No, but then I didn't come into this thread with wrists-a-flapping saying stuff like 'no offense; you're wrong', did I? When I said the projects were not making Madonna any money, I didn't mean she had to pay her own petrol and shoe leather or that she wouldn't be recompensed for her time. The point I was making was quite clearly that Livenation were the investors; therefore they are the beneficiaries. They expect a return, so they are driving the pace of these tie ins. I am quite prepared to be told how it is on the basis of some information I wasn't aware of, but anything else is merely opinion vs. opinion, and your seems to be based on little more than an impression of Madonna gleaned from repeated viewings of Truth or Dare and Body of Evidence.

By the way was the deal only 150 mill? I thought it was $300 million?

Guest bluejean

There are all sorts of different posters here -some have all her music but are not interested in the movies, some buy all the albums but not singles, some have gaps in their album collections, some (whisper it) like Kylie more. If we got rid of everyone who didn't meet the yardstick of acceptable fandom, this forum would be a slower and duller place.

Just because non hardcore fans post here and add spice to the forum it doesn't mean that the rest of us accept or understand them. I have no idea why someone would post here if they don't have all her albums or haven't liked anything she's done recently. I find it pretty strange, verging on sad. But then all that drama adds to the appeal :chuckle:

The point I was making was quite clearly that Livenation were the investors; therefore they are the beneficiaries. They expect a return, so they are driving the pace of these tie ins. I am quite prepared to be told how it is on the basis of some information I wasn't aware of, but anything else is merely opinion vs. opinion, and your seems to be based on little more than an impression of Madonna gleaned from repeated viewings of Truth or Dare and Body of Evidence.

Your point wasn't actually clear. You made it sound like Madonna got paid her lump sum and that Live Nation takes all the profits of everything she does from there onward.

Was it ever stated that the Hard Candy gym had any affiliation with the Live Nation deal whatsoever? I don't recall. Everything you're saying seems like speculation to me.

No, but then I didn't come into this thread with wrists-a-flapping saying stuff like 'no offense; you're wrong', did I? When I said the projects were not making Madonna any money, I didn't mean she had to pay her own petrol and shoe leather or that she wouldn't be recompensed for her time. The point I was making was quite clearly that Livenation were the investors; therefore they are the beneficiaries. They expect a return, so they are driving the pace of these tie ins. I am quite prepared to be told how it is on the basis of some information I wasn't aware of, but anything else is merely opinion vs. opinion, and your seems to be based on little more than an impression of Madonna gleaned from repeated viewings of Truth or Dare and Body of Evidence.

By the way was the deal only 150 mill? I thought it was $300 million?

:lmao::lmao:

"Wrists-a-flapping"... I don't know? Sounds like you're a bit more frazzled about this than I am. LOL! The truth is, you know nothing more than I do regarding what she really gets from all the projects she has on the side... perfume, gyms, etc.

Besides this thread was about the gyms? Wasn't it? I still don't see how Live Nation has any stake in those gyms. I'm willing to admit I'm not sure they do or don't have a connection. But again, to think any deal she makes where you stated initially, she makes no money from it, is untrue. In fact, if LIVE NATION is involved, she was paid upfront a sum of money. I'm sure within that deal she gets a percentage of any other profits. That's not my opinion... that's just good business sense. There is no way that I believe Madonna would simply take on Gyms and perfumes simply by being paid a lump sum and be done with it. If there is one thing a "true blue" (oh baby) fan like myself knows is... this woman doesn't fuck around when it comes to money/business.

By the way, I haven't seen TRUTH OR DARE or BODY OF EVIDENCE in years. I fail to see how that has anything to do with what I've expressed here.

Guest bluejean

In fact, if LIVE NATION is involved, she was paid upfront a sum of money. I'm sure within that deal she gets a percentage of any other profits. That's not my opinion... that's just good business sense. There is no way do I believe Madonna would simply take on Gyms and perfumes, etc., and just be paid a lump sum and that's it. If there is one thing a true blue fan like myself knows and this woman doesn't fuck around it comes to money/business.

How do we know the illuminati haven't cornered her into it though? That would explain all the symbolism and subliminal messages in the video and lyrics of Give Me All Ur Luvin'

It really is unfathomable to you that I would consider that purchase before making it isn't it. Bless.

No, it's "unfathomable" to me that a supposed active member and fan like yourself needs to "consider" such a purchase. I don't know your history of being a fan, but I do find it odd that you are so invested in such an "opinion" about how much money she makes from her side deals (which you are so certain are ALL tied to LIVE NATION), yet are on the fence in buying the new album?

c10e7_cry1.jpg

How do we know the illuminati haven't cornered her into it though? That would explain all the symbolism and subliminal messages in the video and lyrics of Give Me All Ur Luvin'

Keep in mind, I'm not the one who has the "definite" answer why she's doing these side deals and who are all involved, but to me it makes more sense she's doing it now then early on in her career. It's to keep the money flowing her way. I also don't feel like she's being FORCED into anything. In the early days, it seems it was about lending her name to a product that really has nothing to do with her. In return she's paid a sum of money for her time and services. For the most part, she avoided a lot of that. Today, her side projects are tied to whom she is, her persona and interests. She's at a place where she can pretty much dictate how she wants it done. I don't believe she was handed a fragrance and was forced to tie her name and the name of one of her prolific documentaries to it. I believe she put a lot of time and investment in developing what type of fragrance she wanted to sell to the world, which is also personal since it's a scent that is related to her mother.

Just because non hardcore fans post here and add spice to the forum it doesn't mean that the rest of us accept or understand them. I have no idea why someone would post here if they don't have all her albums or haven't liked anything she's done recently. I find it pretty strange, verging on sad. But then all that drama adds to the appeal :chuckle:

Your point wasn't actually clear. You made it sound like Madonna got paid her lump sum and that Live Nation takes all the profits of everything she does from there onward.

Was it ever stated that the Hard Candy gym had any affiliation with the Live Nation deal whatsoever? I don't recall. Everything you're saying seems like speculation to me.

Since I've been posting here longer than you have heart, I don't feel that I really need your acceptance or understanding, thanks anyway. :)

I'm rather puzzled that you seem to think that after signing a 360 degree multi platform deal with Livenation for however many millions, specifically for the purpose of utilising her name and popularity to generate additional revenue streams, Madonna would be within her rights to go off and make money by lending her name to something without it being part of that deal. What exactly would be the point of them paying her all that money??

But wasn't this first gym in Mexico opened long after HC era? I remember that opening was somewhen in 2010...But yeah, that night she looked like she's been stung by a dozen bees in her face and also got an allergic reaction...

And back to the topic...

So the gyms are still going but no one actually goes or knows anyone that goes? Interesting locations she is choosing. Really random. I wonder if she's moving into emerging nations so she can indoctrinate the gheys with her music?

As for someone saying she should aim to be a billionaire, her actual wealth is conservatively estimated as of 2007 at $325 million. I remember year ago she said she lost money on tours and got the money back via video and merchandise. Obviously, things have changed but the tour will still cost millions to stage so after all the bills have been paid, she won't be walking away with hundreds of millions of pounds.

Since I've been posting here longer than you have heart, I don't feel that I really need your acceptance or understanding, thanks anyway. :)

I'm rather puzzled that you seem to think that after signing a 360 degree multi platform deal with Livenation for however many millions, specifically for the purpose of utilising her name and popularity to generate additional revenue streams, Madonna would be within her rights to go off and make money by lending her name to something without it being part of that deal. What exactly would be the point of them paying her all that money??

ROTFL!! So I guess since "on record" you've been a member here longer than me, it justifies everything and anything you say without any clarification. Love that logic. :wacko:

Again, why are you so certain that any side project she does, it's part of the 360 deal with Live Nation?? LIVE NATION is in business with her regarding her music... not gyms. After all, this is what the topic is about isn't it? You are trying to conclude pretty much Madonna was paid a lump sum for whatever is shoved in her face, with no other reason but to fulfill Live Nation's deal.

LIVE NATION is pretty much a CONCERT PROMOTER. They originally were trying to attempt to distribute music as well, but that hasn't happened. Her deal with LIVE NATION deals with her albums, concerts and merchandising. I fail to see how that really applies to GYMS and most likely her fragrance. Even more, you can bet Madonna gets a percentage cut of profits from all merchandise on top of the money she was already given and promised by LIVE NATION.

I don't know how much money LIVE NATION has made back from the 360 Deal, but I suspect much of it has been made back and/or will be after this tour.

Guest bluejean

:rotfl: Barely.

Do you have a copy of the contract? Feel free to share the details if you do. But I seem to recall her directing and using her name to promote a movie called W.E., something Live Nation had nothing to do with. Have you heard of that one or have you been too busy moving house?

Well mildly shocking I HAVENT HEARD THE ALBUM EVEN THOUGH I POST HERE DAILY admission aside, Lucky Guy has a point that these ventures have become a LOT more frequent since she got involved with Live Nation and I even remember people (Kurt really, who else) defending them as part of her contract. Indeed, her contract was for touring, recording, merchandising and BRANDING which is what this is.

Guest bluejean

Well mildly shocking I HAVENT HEARD THE ALBUM EVEN THOUGH I POST HERE DAILY admission aside, Lucky Guy has a point that these ventures have become a LOT more frequent since she got involved with Live Nation and I even remember people (Kurt really, who else) defending them as part of her contract. Indeed, her contract was for touring, recording, merchandising and BRANDING which is what this is.

It probably is and I never said it definitely wasn't. Point is we don't know, we can only assume. But I can't imagine Madonna is going to sign a contract that gives her a lump sum and allows them to do whatever they want whenever they want with her "brand" where she is obligated to promote and endorse it and then make no additional profit. It is business partnership. I'm doubtful they can exploit her name however they want just to make their money back. (Which they will surely do on touring alone anyway.)