MDNA ALBUM DISCUSSION (CONTINUED)

Ai Papi Si.

^very true, so they could have thrown lots of money into promotion to move a few extra units for little return, because fact is album sales are not what they used to be.

Sounds pretty smart to me.

Yeah, that is why I don't think any more promotion probably would have made much of a difference regarding MDNA. I think for the last several albums and from this point on, we'll see that her albums will debut big, but then drop off sharply. She's the type of artist that the core of her audience buys her stuff immediately as it's released. That could change with the next few albums, allowing her to rebuild new interest, but I won't hold my breath on that happening. Yeah, I'm sure a couple of high profile performances could have generated a little more sales to the album and certainly to the singles, but I am not sure that is the focus for Madonna and her team. Interscope already made back the money they fronted her for MDNA in the first week sales. Her obligation is to Live Nation, so it's evident to me why she's focused on the tour. That's where the money is being made for Madonna and Live Nation.

And I don't care what anyone says here, but GGW is a fantastic song and there is no doubt in my mind radio is just not interested in playing Madonna anymore. If Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and probably even Rhianna recorded and released that song, it would be all over the radio.

And I don't care what anyone says here, but GGW is a fantastic song and there is no doubt in my mind radio is just not interested in playing Madonna anymore. If Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and probably even Rhianna recorded and released that song, it would be all over the radio.

:thumbsup:

Guest groovyguy

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/scotland/madonna-controversial-queen-of-pop-is-always-in-vogue-writes-chitra-ramaswamy-1-2264393

Madonna: Controversial queen of pop is always in vogue writes Chitra Ramaswamy

Published on Tuesday 1 May 2012 00:00

LET’S look back for a moment: four weeks, four controversies. A typical Madonna month, you might say. Number one, YouTube slapped a viewing restriction on the video for ‘Girl Gone Wild’, presumably on the grounds that it features a 53-year-old woman humping a wall while making I-don't-give-a... eyes at the camera

Number two, at Miami's Ultra music festival, Madonna took to the stage (minus a golden throne carried by glistening gladiators – this was not a Superbowl moment) and screamed, “How many people in this crowd have seen molly?”. The ravers went wild. So, too, did a DJ called Deadmau5, who pronounced her an “idiot”. Molly, you see, is American streetspeak for the drug MDMA. Oh, and Madonna's new album is called MDNA. It was hardly an Evita moment, but then again... has everyone forgotten The Shamen?

Number three, Madonna was wearing fishnets at the time. Imagine! A 53-year-old woman in a pair of tights. We can only assume that stuffed inside the offending garment was the horny tail of a she-devil, and a wrinkly old one at that. This really was an unforgivable crime. One (female) columnist even wondered what could she be hiding under those trademark fingerless Chanel gloves? Liver spots?

Number four, and this one at least is about the music: MDNA has undergone the biggest second-week sales drop in US chart history. The crown is slipping. Never mind getting to number one on iTunes in 30 countries, the fact that Madonna has overtaken Elvis as the solo artist with the most chart-topping albums, or that MDNA is a fabulously camp, thinly veiled revenge album, a perfectly manicured finger raised at Guy Ritchie. It's official. Again. Madonna, finally, must be over.

“Some things never change,” is how Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, puts it. Well, quite. Let's look back again. To ‘Justify My Love’, which was banned by MTV in 1990 for its sexual content. Or to 1989, when a Pepsi ad featuring Madonna singing ‘Like a Prayer’ was pulled within just 48 hours for its religious content. Now it's the advert for her perfume, Truth or Dare, that's whipping up a storm as predictable as the missionary position. It seems Madonna no longer needs to actually do anything to court controversy. The memory of it, plus a bit of rolling around in couture lingerie, is enough.

The fact is that Madonna hasn't really changed, despite what people always say about her being the queen of reinvention. Her attitude, style, sexual politics, feminism, fighting talk, dance music influences and, yes, her fishnet tights, were all there from the start. Give or take some lace and a mockney flirtation, she's just the same. Apart from one thing...

Madonna's age has changed, and for this we seem unable to forgive her. The criticisms are the same as they ever were – she is too rich, too cold, too driven, too controlling, too much – but another insult is creeping in more and more. And it has the nastiest sting of all because, in directing it at her, it is directed at all women. Madonna is too old.

Actually, for all of us who have grown up with Madonna, sported legwarmers with her, even endured the ignominy of Swept Away with her, her age is one of our favourite things about her. We love her longevity, the fact that she has stuck it out, that she's still not sorry, and that with each passing day she becomes a little bit more outrageous, a little bit more Liz Taylor. This is the point of Madonna. This is why we still need her. And, of course, this is why she drives people mad. Long may the fishnets continue.

Guest groovyguy

Fat bitch Friedman strikes again....

Madonna ‏ @Madonna_Quote

"It doesn't matter what those morons say" - Madonna

http://www.scotsman.com/scotland-on-sunday/scotland/madonna-controversial-queen-of-pop-is-always-in-vogue-writes-chitra-ramaswamy-1-2264393

LET’S look back for a moment: four weeks, four controversies. A typical Madonna month, you might say. Number one, YouTube slapped a viewing restriction on the video for ‘Girl Gone Wild’, presumably on the grounds that it features a 53-year-old woman humping a wall while making I-don't-give-a... eyes at the camera

Number two, at Miami's Ultra music festival, Madonna took to the stage (minus a golden throne carried by glistening gladiators – this was not a Superbowl moment) and screamed, “How many people in this crowd have seen molly?”. The ravers went wild. So, too, did a DJ called Deadmau5, who pronounced her an “idiot”. Molly, you see, is American streetspeak for the drug MDMA. Oh, and Madonna's new album is called MDNA. It was hardly an Evita moment, but then again... has everyone forgotten The Shamen?

Number three, Madonna was wearing fishnets at the time. Imagine! A 53-year-old woman in a pair of tights. We can only assume that stuffed inside the offending garment was the horny tail of a she-devil, and a wrinkly old one at that. This really was an unforgivable crime. One (female) columnist even wondered what could she be hiding under those trademark fingerless Chanel gloves? Liver spots?

Number four, and this one at least is about the music: MDNA has undergone the biggest second-week sales drop in US chart history. The crown is slipping. Never mind getting to number one on iTunes in 30 countries, the fact that Madonna has overtaken Elvis as the solo artist with the most chart-topping albums, or that MDNA is a fabulously camp, thinly veiled revenge album, a perfectly manicured finger raised at Guy Ritchie. It's official. Again. Madonna, finally, must be over.

“Some things never change,” is how Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, puts it. Well, quite. Let's look back again. To ‘Justify My Love’, which was banned by MTV in 1990 for its sexual content. Or to 1989, when a Pepsi ad featuring Madonna singing ‘Like a Prayer’ was pulled within just 48 hours for its religious content. Now it's the advert for her perfume, Truth or Dare, that's whipping up a storm as predictable as the missionary position. It seems Madonna no longer needs to actually do anything to court controversy. The memory of it, plus a bit of rolling around in couture lingerie, is enough.

The fact is that Madonna hasn't really changed, despite what people always say about her being the queen of reinvention. Her attitude, style, sexual politics, feminism, fighting talk, dance music influences and, yes, her fishnet tights, were all there from the start. Give or take some lace and a mockney flirtation, she's just the same. Apart from one thing...

Madonna's age has changed, and for this we seem unable to forgive her. The criticisms are the same as they ever were – she is too rich, too cold, too driven, too controlling, too much – but another insult is creeping in more and more. And it has the nastiest sting of all because, in directing it at her, it is directed at all women. Madonna is too old.

Actually, for all of us who have grown up with Madonna, sported legwarmers with her, even endured the ignominy of Swept Away with her, her age is one of our favourite things about her. We love her longevity, the fact that she has stuck it out, that she's still not sorry, and that with each passing day she becomes a little bit more outrageous, a little bit more Liz Taylor. This is the point of Madonna. This is why we still need her. And, of course, this is why she drives people mad. Long may the fishnets continue.

:thumbsup:

I thank god I have the privilege of growing up and listening to the music of Madonna. Can't imagine my life without her really .

That's one of the most excellent editorials about Madonna I've read in a while. It shows a real understanding of who Madonna is and what she represents. She's breaking barriers once again, and I pray her tour is good enough so that she can shut everyone the fuck up.

Guest groovyguy

That's one of the most excellent editorials about Madonna I've read in a while. It shows a real understanding of who Madonna is and what she represents. She's breaking barriers once again, and I pray her tour is good enough so that she can shut everyone the fuck up.

Even being one of the top earners of the year on Forbes will not shut those trash media up. Nor will having mostly positive reviews on the MDNA tour. Somehow, the trash media, led by Roger FriedAss [Forbes] and Piers MorgAss [CNN], will overlook all 'success' facts and spin something negative from lies they made up to make it look like nobody is interested in seeing 'GRANNY' live. Not to mention, the detractors - sadly, mostly women - who are going to review the MDNA shows by focusing on her age and commenting how the show is BAD due to AGE-INAPPROPRIATE performances by a 54 yo woman, AGE-INAPPROPRIATE outfits by a 54 yo woman, AGE-INAPPROPRIATE music, and AGE-INAPPROPRIATE props [guns, whips] by a 54 yo woman. Much like the sexist and ageist remarks in the those trash reviews of the MDNA album.

Guest groovyguy

It's a Dutch format.

Yes. The US Voice is part of an international series [The Voice franchise] and is based on a similar competition format in the Netherlands entitled The Voice of Holland.

Guest sasca1971

Yup

Even being one of the top earners of the year on Forbes will not shut those trash media up. Nor will having mostly positive reviews on the MDNA tour. Somehow, the trash media, led by Roger FriedAss [Forbes] and Piers MorgAss [CNN], will overlook all 'success' facts and spin something negative from lies they made up to make it look like nobody is interested in seeing 'GRANNY' live. Not to mention, the detractors - sadly, mostly women - who are going to review the MDNA shows by focusing on her age and commenting how the show is BAD due to AGE-INAPPROPRIATE performances by a 54 yo woman, AGE-INAPPROPRIATE outfits by a 54 yo woman, AGE-INAPPROPRIATE music, and AGE-INAPPROPRIATE props [guns, whips] by a 54 yo woman. Much like the sexist and ageist remarks in the those trash reviews of the MDNA album.

Well it turns out M did a NEW interview with the German 'Zeit Magazin' at the end of her perfum launch in NY. The video clip I have looks like just a preview. I'll post the complete video interview version when I find it.

Here is the complete article auf Deutsch:

Fünfzehn Minuten mit Madonna – was ist das eigentlich? Ein Interview? Eine Audienz? Oder der totale Wahnsinn?

Here she talks about her first gig at CBGB's:

Within the article:

..the issues that must be NOT be discussed with Madonna in any case: children, parenting, divorce, Guy Ritchie, love life, gossip in general and Lady Gaga.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

http://madonnasworldcom.blogspot.com/2012/05/smirnoff-madonna-facebook-banners.html

Smirnoff Madonna Facebook banners!

madonna_cover1-719310.jpg

madonna_cover2-720539.jpg

madonna_cover3-721796.jpg

madonna_cover4-723203.jpg

After a purchase of the Smirnoff Madonna limited bottles, fans can

access an exclusive page from smirnoffs facebook, use thse banners for

your personal Facebook Timeline.

Or you can just wait till one person gets them and uploads them to Photobucket.

Well it turns out M did a NEW interview with the German 'Zeit Magazin' at the end of her perfum launch in NY. The video clip I have looks like just a preview. I'll post the complete video interview version when I find it.

Here is the complete article auf Deutsch:

Fünfzehn Minuten mit Madonna – was ist das eigentlich? Ein Interview? Eine Audienz? Oder der totale Wahnsinn?

Here she talks about her first gig at CBGB's:

Within the article:

..the issues that must be NOT be discussed with Madonna in any case: children, parenting, divorce, Guy Ritchie, love life, gossip in general and Lady Gaga.

Thanks for posting!

No earth shattering revelations but a pleasent little interview

She had beer thrown at her on stage when she was a drummer :lol:

This is GREAT - thanks!

I thought how it was interesting how they used "Falling Free" in that piece as if it was actually part of the movie. Thanks for posting. Good to see they gave props to her new album as well. 'Kill two birds with one stone.'

From William Orbit's Facebook :

Friday :

Haven't had much to say regarding MDNA recently.

But there is a host of alternative versions mustering somewhere just out of view . . .

14 hrs ago:

I have many many shelves groaning under the weight of unreleased magic. Deep in my dark dank vaults.

Although it's not a 'right now' thing necessarily (I'm not aiming to tease,. Honestly) but i just wanna say, even the finest crafted shelves are not designed to hold water for ever.

Couple that notion with the fact that in the 'biz' I'm in, ye olde music biz, the world 'leak' elicits more terror that for a farmer in sub sea-level Holland (y'all know the story bout the boy w finger in the dyke) .

But if the biz never gave a median shiz about an artist's work, it's understandable for the artist in question not to get particularly palpitated at the notion of leakage.

We go forward to the true Mount Olympus on OUR terms brothers and sisters

Leaks, as far as it makes a diff to me, are vegetables that grow in Wales (as in 'leeks', for those who have not yet fully achieved 100% table vegetable awareness)

'Just (as they say) sayin'

I will play the prevailing game, but I also got a keen sense of what's right for the eternal shores

Watch this space,

All you brave army of 15,281!

I love u all and ALWAYS read yr comments

Your humble emissary

W

:wow:

I thank god I have the privilege of growing up and listening to the music of Madonna. Can't imagine my life without her really .

Totally agree.

Well at least it's still No.2 in Bangkok Thailand right above Beyonce 4 and a few spots above Born This Way and J.Lo's Love. I mean WTF at this chart ! LOL

img2893zk.jpg