Madonna Super Bowl thread

Guest Not4Pussies

Celebration (deluxe) is now at no. 35 ...that's great news. I guess more people will hear her back catalogue and it will draw interest to MDNA whether or not they like the drift single.

Local students take part in Super Bowl halftime show

300154220-06050741.jpg

If you caught the halftime show during last night's Super Bowl, two local guys were part of it.

A Penn High School senior and a freshman from IU South Bend walked Madonna onto the field and to the stage.

Gage Davis and Tyler Graham responded to a call for physically fit and athletic males to be part of the performance. They were selected, and performed as gladiators pulling Madonna on a chariot in the show.

WSBT talked to Gage after the show. Here's what he told us about the experience:

"It was great to see everyone enjoying it in the stands and all around the world, it was something that was great and a once in a lifetime experience. I never thought I would do something at that level and something that huge and it was awesome.”

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wsbt-local-students-take-part-in-super-bowl-halftime-show-20120206,0,7309838.story

Guest ditaluver

When people get to their seat they find little... devices that light up is the best way to describe it with a note that instructs them to light them up at a specific moment during the event. Again, look at Olympic opening/closing ceremonies and the like.

im surprised it work since all those little monsters in the crowd were going to sabotage her performance

:dead:

@BetteMidler

Half time Madonna!! WORLD PEACE!??! Hilarious! But ditch the high heels next time!

Guess what? I don't even think it's negative. I mean, World Peace. It's hilarious, really. You know, this is like Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality, where all they want is "World Piece". It's totally absurd.

And I am sure Bette and Madonna appreciate each other.

Yeah the world peace thing at the end was a little corny but what other universal message can you have?

either TOUCHDOWN or REDUCTIVE! :lmao:

Super Bowl sets records with 111.3 million TV viewers, 12,233 tweets per second

114M viewers for Madonna's half time show, the highest in history. If I understand correctly that's higher than the game's average but a little below its peak.

The highest rated halftime show in history! wow!

Super Bowl sets records with 111.3 million TV viewers, 12,233 tweets per second

114M viewers for Madonna's half time show, the highest in history. If I understand correctly that's higher than the game's average but a little below its peak.

NEW YORK (AP) — For the third consecutive year, the Super Bowl set a record as the most-watched television show in U.S. history.

The Nielsen Co. said Monday that an estimated 111.3 million people watched the New York Giants beat the New England Patriots on Sunday night. That narrowly beat the 111 million who watched Green Bay's win over Pittsburgh last year.

NBC was blessed by a competitive game between two teams that played in one of the Super Bowl's most memorable contests four years ago, with one of them representing the largest media market in the country.

The game wasn't over until Tom Brady's last-second heave into the end zone dropped onto the turf. That play itself had the biggest audience of any play in the game, according to the digital video recorder maker Tivo. Nielsen said 117.7 million people were watching during the last half hour of the game.

The last two Super Bowls, along with the 2010 game between New Orleans and Indianapolis and the finale of "M-A-S-H" in 1983, are the only programs to exceed 100 million viewers in U.S. television history.

Madonna has some bragging rights, too. Her halftime show was seen by an estimated 114 million people — a higher average than the game itself — and was the most-watched Super Bowl halftime entertainment show on record, Nielsen said.

"I was rooting for Madonna as much as I was for the Giants," said Tara Maitra, senior vice president of Tivo, which also monitored viewership trends during the game.

The good news continued after the game for NBC, when the heavily-promoted season premiere of "The Voice" kept 37.6 million people in front of the television.

Its fans were disappointed, but Boston had its highest rating ever for an NFL game on Sunday. It was the second highest-rating ever in the New York market, behind only the Giants' first Super Bowl in 1986, Nielsen said.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

NEW YORK (AP) —

Madonna has some bragging rights, too. Her halftime show was seen by an estimated 114 million people — a higher average than the game itself — and was the most-watched Super Bowl halftime entertainment show on record, Nielsen said.

:bow::bow::bow:

:clap:

im surprised it work since all those little monsters in the crowd were going to sabotage her performance

:dead:

Where were they? they were supposed to boo her off the stage..

:lmao:

Local students take part in Super Bowl halftime show

300154220-06050741.jpg

I want the one on the right. His nose is perfect, I'm already getting hard over it.

Yeah the world peace thing at the end was a little corny but what other universal message can you have? She should have said NOW WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THAT BITCHES?

I tried to figure it out..there was a world map on the floor during LAP. Smtg Kaballah related?

Edited by dollhouse

http://www.etonline.com/#&panel1-1

If you scroll down, there's a video of Snoop Dogg raving about Madonna. He mention how when his first album was released, it knocked Madonna out of the top spot. When he performed at SNL back in the day, Tupac invited M backstage, where he spoke with Madonna. It's cool.

I think that link regarding topping the game ratings is for the New York market. But, it was close to the game, nationally, too.

Well, now according to USA Today, it was the highest rated Super Bowl EVER (maybe they revised the final ratings?)...AND Madonna still topped it. Madonna has the highest rated TV moment in U.S. history now:

Super Bowl, Madonna halftime most-watched in TV history

So was Super Bowl XLI a behemoth in the ratings, as always?

Update, 3 p.m. ET:

In a word, yes. The game, became the most-watched program in U.S. TV history, drawing an average of 111.3 million, slightly eclipsing last year's then-record 111 million.

The Super Bowl peaked with 117 million viewers in its final half-hour, while its first half hour (99 million) was its lowest.

Not only that, but Madonna's now-controversial-thanks-to-M.I.A. halftime show averaged 114 million, which also marks the game's most-watched halftime show. Last year's Black-Eyed Peas show averaged 110.3 million.

Post-game, the season premiere of NBC's The Voice sung to 37.6 million viewers, more that twice the show's previous high, according to NBC said.

The Voice easily eclipsed Fox's post-game Glee last year (26.8 million) but fell a million shy of CBS' Undercover Boss debut in 2010 (38.7 million).

Among viewers ages 18 to 49 — advertisers' sweet spot -- the singing competition won 20.8 million viewers, marking the highest such rating for an entertainment series since a post-game Grey's Anatomy in February 2006 and NBC's top-rated entertainment telecast since the May 2004 Friends finale.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/02/super-bowl-the-voice-draw-big-ratings-for-nbc/1