Camille Paglia Trashes Lady Gaga and Praises Madonna

Dickens

i think its also tolerable because xtina is far from ugly but miss gaga is butt fug and the truth hurts her loyal fans. i think.

So as not to offend anybody, I'll put it like this: I'm not fond of the way either of them look. At all.

Guest Pud Whacker

Ya know what, I suppose we'll always have our "pet hates"...

QueenBitch and markm have Kylie to hate; you and GetUnconscious have Gaga; I have Janet (let's not forget this poor woman has been called THE BEAST on occasion - and not in reference to THE BEAST WITHIN); 12:51, GimmeSomeMo and (to a lesser extent) CUBB have Christina; some of the less important people round here have Britney etc. etc.

It's the nature of the game isn't it.

yes but for some reason, joannes fans get all freak'd. GAGANATION strikes again!!!, she really does something to you guys, people are obsessed with her.

no, shes just a goober butt fug. :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

Find me one.

oh puh-leeze pookie. like thats what im going to do - go scan a thread. :rotfl: its your general sentiment regarding her - its not nice. and thats ok. were not nice to gaga. its all cool. dont let it ruin your day. xo

RA RA

As for bow legged, WHAT OTHER NAMES ARE THERE FOR BOW LEGGED???? bow legged is an ACTUAL NAME for peoples LEGS. She IS bow legged. I don't call her a BROKEN LEGGED PIG or something.

Okay. I know we don't always see eye to eye but that is one of the funniest things I have EVER heard. A broken legged pig? A BROKEN LEGGED PIG??????????? :rotfl: I love it. I can't WAIT for an opportunity to call somebody that!

yes but for some reason, joannes fans get all freak'd. GAGANATION strikes again!!!, she really does something to you guys, people are obsessed with her.

no, shes just a goober butt fug. :rotfl:

You can say it's the other way around though - because even when something positive is posted about her, you lot are first in the thread calling her ugly and horrible etc. etc.

So why should the people that like her not say what they think?

It's not "GAGANATION" or anything of that sort at all. She's a current, successful pop star and she's influenced by Madonna. Of course we will be talking about her, positively or negatively. My objection is with the low tone of discussion in general. Calling her ugly all the time is not big or clever.

Guest Pud Whacker

You can say it's the other way around though - because even when something positive is posted about her, you lot are first in the thread calling her ugly and horrible etc. etc.

So why should the people that like her not say what they think?

It's not "GAGANATION" or anything of that sort at all. She's a current, successful pop star and she's influenced by Madonna. Of course we will be talking about her, positively or negatively. My objection is with the low tone of discussion in general. Calling her ugly all the time is not big or clever.

listen i stay out of that gaga thread these days. dont say a word in there anymore. i leave the gaga-goonies alone. when its up here in madonna-ville - i let it rip. because really, that girl is so fucking disgusting. like, for real real. :lol:

You raise a very, very interesting point. And I think for some of the more discerning Madonna fans, there is an element of that. But I honestly believe that 99% of the negativity that's aimed at Gaga is far more superficial than that, and has a lot more to do with some irrational form of jealousy because she happens to be very successful and, yes of course part of what she does is inspired by Madonna.

But I think most of us know that the "$35 ate out of bins" story is mythology, and have known that for years.

As for Madonna's jabs at Catholicism, or some of her other antics... well, didn't Madonna herself speak out about those years and admit that her actions were not always altruistic? Fair enough it may have been the Special K(abbalah) talking, but with Madonna I find that fascinating anyway.. that you will never really know a lot of the myth behind her and her work. It's great. It's part of what makes her Madonna.

Madonna is a remarkable person, truly wonderful. Her looks, her spirit, her physicality, her creativity. I will never stop believing that. But confronted by her mini-me all over the scene resembling a ventriloquist's dummy of the real thing; it's just fucking wierd. It's not just the religion thing, or the origins, or the use of sex, or singing about money; you can add in Madonna's guise as both the pinstriped industrialist and the seductive robot from Metropolis -Gaga has done both of those too, as well as Marilyn. Not only that, but more personal stuff like remember Madonna saying that she was like a mother figure to dysfunctional and incomplete gays, playing Mum to her dancers etc? Then you've got Gaga with her Mama Monster crap. The language is the same -basically infantilising and essentially patronising. Of course Gaga's is a crude copy that apears to lack genuine sentiment. But if you really think about it, it's either slavish imitation to the point of obsession, or it suggests that some of what Madonna was doing back in the day was calculated and managed from above in the same way, albeit slower, better and more believably.

Stop with this Illuminati influenced bullshit. Madonna was not controlled in the way you think. The control people had over Madonna was making her cry into her pillow, wishing she was dead and telling her which singles she was having to release. Madonna controls the flow of information and emphasis throughout her career. That cannot be doubted. It makes me so mad that you doubt it at all!!! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH. Madonna is Super powered human being mega performance artist Empress.

Madonna is a remarkable person, truly wonderful. Her looks, her spirit, her physicality, her creativity. I will never stop believing that. But confronted by her mini-me all over the scene resembling a ventriloquist's dummy of the real thing; it's just fucking wierd. It's not just the religion thing, or the origins, or the use of sex, or singing about money; you can add in Madonna's guise as both the pinstriped industrialist and the seductive robot from Metropolis -Gaga has done both of those too, as well as Marilyn. Not only that, but more personal stuff like remember Madonna saying that she was like a mother figure to dysfunctional and incomplete gays, playing Mum to her dancers etc? Then you've got Gaga with her Mama Monster crap. The language is the same -basically infantilising and essentially patronising. Of course Gaga's is a crude copy that apears to lack genuine sentiment. But if you really think about it, it's either slavish imitation to the point of obsession, or it suggests that some of what Madonna was doing back in the day was calculated and managed from above in the same way, albeit slower, better and more believably.

Unlike Gaga, Madonna didn't have a 'Madonna like' icon to rip off. She was influenced by a myriad of things, but she sort of blazed her own trail to the top.

Stop with this Illuminati influenced bullshit. Madonna was not controlled in the way you think. The control people had over Madonna was making her cry into her pillow, wishing she was dead and telling her which singles she was having to release. Madonna controls the flow of information and emphasis throughout her career. That cannot be doubted. It makes me so mad that you doubt it at all!!! UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH. Madonna is Super powered human being mega performance artist Empress.

I haven't mentioned that. I merely present the facts as I see them -you can draw your own conclusions.

I will tell you one more thing. I bet you anything you like that Gaga can't act. At all. If she ever does apear in anything, I bet she demands slavish rehearsals and drilling, but still sounds like she's merely reciting her lines. You can just call that a hunch.

Anyway I'm tired and I doubt I'm making an awful lot of sense. Sweet dreams hearts.

Guest bluejean

people are always on about miss horse face kylie - but are we not really that disturbed because she really isnt ugly?

Good point!

Go to the Kylie thread and you have endless posts from Queen Bitch berating her, but Kylie fans barely bat an eyelid.

Gaga fans seem very defensive, especially when it comes to her looks. It isn't just "threatened" Madonna fans though that are comparing Gaga to Madonna anymore. Alot of people are thinking and saying it, and saying she's "no Madonna." As I've always said, it's unfair to compare her like that to one of the greats when she's only had 1 album. But she did open herself up to the comparison in a big way. And the obvious difference is she's not sexy like Madonna was. But of course, she's trying to be a non sexy freaky version of Madonna as an artistic statement so that's okay :lol:

Maybe it's some odd, awful karma. I mean, if one is going to receive lavishing amounts of pop-culture praise by biting M's style, then I suppose one ought to be prepared to suffer some of the same slings and arrows. Knives will be out -- Madonna herself was criticized unfairly. If GaGa's going to contend for that crown, then she -- and her fans -- will have to get used to the negativity that will undoubtedly continue to be unleashed. Heaven knows Madonna and her fans have endured it for decades.

Not saying that justifies the attacks or whatever -- just saying, it really ought not surprise anybody. In fact, I think GaGa's got quite a ways to go before she reaches the depths of insults Madonna has experienced. "Glamorized f*ckdoll" comes to mind. And racist/slave-mistress. And cold as ice (in comparison to the warmth of Marilyn). I mean, I'm not going to go on and on re-circulating the hate, but we all know Madonna's heard it all before. If GaGa continues her career in the fast-track Madonna trajectory ... well, fasten your seatbelts, kids. It's going to be a bumpy ride.

One other thing that bugs me -why are they recreating the Who's That Girl film with the release from prison bit of Telephone? That prison guard is the same woman in the Telephone video and Who's That Girl. That is not a coincidence kids. See what I mean? That's not copying Madonna for success -it's something that very few people would notice. So why do it? Logically, it says as much about Who's That Girl as it does about Telephone.

Is the prison woman the wife of an Illuminati elder that is trying to get her jobs?

Both as prison wardens supervising the release of blonde prisoners who are a bit crazy? The whole thing is bizarre. I don't know enough about Who's That Girl (I've never seen it all the way through -I know flop fan etc.) to make an informed judgement, but DSS (which incidentally features the same building Gaga grew up in) was a wierd ass film, so maybe WTG is too.

One other thing that bugs me -why are they recreating the Who's That Girl film with the release from prison bit of Telephone? That prison guard is the same woman in the Telephone video and Who's That Girl. That is not a coincidence kids. See what I mean? That's not copying Madonna for success -it's something that very few people would notice. So why do it? Logically, it says as much about Who's That Girl as it does about Telephone.

She REALLY wants to emulate Madonna. Maybe because Warhol had such a high opinion of Madonna and her future...

She REALLY wants to emulate Madonna. Maybe because Warhol had such a high opinion of Madonna and her future...

Oh come ON, Gaga is younger than me -I doubt she's ever seen WTG, let alone made a point of memorizing who the prison officer was to recreate the scene. But someone did.

Oh come ON, Gaga is younger than me -I doubt she's ever seen WTG, let alone made a point of memorizing who the prison officer was to recreate the scene. But someone did.

How old ARE you? I was obsessed with film stars from the 30's/40's and 50's as a child. Some people do like to research. I have absolutely NO doubt that Gaga knows a lot of Madonnas career history. It's not an Illuminate scheme.

suedehead, can argue about wether it's fair or PC to say that she's ugly or not but the fact remains, she's the most unattractive (in a classical sense) pop star out there..... i consider that a great thing, her success is not based on beauty. it opens up a whole new world for a bunch of other dog faced but talented kids. good for them! the death of sex? so be it...i welcome it! maybe madonna will stop feeling the need to portray an old, desperate whore with her next release.

suedehead, can argue about wether it's fair or PC to say that she's ugly or not but the fact remains, she's the most unattractive (in a classical sense) pop star out there..... i consider that a great thing, her success is not based on beauty. it opens up a whole new world for a bunch of other dog faced but talented kids. good for them! the death of sex? so be it...i welcome it! maybe madonna will stop feeling the need to portray an old, desperate whore with her next release.

Gagas success is based on catering to Goldfish minded retards, who just love SHPARKLES and MEAT DRETHES. If you actually think that about Madonnas current work, then I feel sorry for you. Once you turn into an old whore yourself, I'll know that it's the Karma kicking your ass. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY? I mean talk about fuckd up!