M.I.A.: "I will fight the fight for Madonna" (NYT Article)

Nixed

Well, she went from saying "is the one," to using past tense. Let's be honest, though- Madonna did not really produce any *amazing* songs from the Hard Candy sessions or the two new tracks on Celebration. As enjoyable as Confessions on a Dance Floor is, some may not even find any of those to be "amazing." So for some, it;'s been a while since she had some truly outstanding material.

Madonna doesnt give a SHITE. She only cares about succesful acts :horn:

Madonna loves attention, so I'm sure she does care.

And you know that's not true. She's always going on and on about unknowns like that gypsy band she wouldn't shut up about.

The only people creaming themselves over Maya's backhanded compliments, are the people commenting in this thread. Madonna's ego isn't dependent over anything this chick says, good or bad.

When your tours break your own records, as well as everyone elses, that is GROUNDBREAKING.

The only people creaming themselves over Maya's backhanded compliments, are the people commenting in this thread. Madonna's ego isn't dependent over anything this chick says, good or bad.

When your tours break your own records, as well as everyone elses, that is GROUNDBREAKING.

BLABBITY BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Maya wasn't giving a backhanded anything. She gave Madonna a compliment. No stupid grammatical technicality is worth being a dick about, so shut your damn mouf and enjoy the fact that someone is paying respect instead of taking a shit on Madonna for once.

Now go unleash the pitbull on me NYCB :wow:

BLABBITY BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Maya wasn't giving a backhanded anything. She gave Madonna a compliment. No stupid grammatical technicality is worth being a dick about, so shut your damn mouf and enjoy the fact that someone is paying respect instead of taking a shit on Madonna for once.

Now go unleash the pitbull on me NYCB :wow:

It was a backhanded compliment....and why would I unleash the beast on you? You're so not worth it. :lmao:

Guest jl6er

Yeah its nice to hear someone recognizing Madonna's achievements but MIA REALLY went overboard with the past tense here. If one didn't know any better, it definitely sounds like she is talking about an artist named Madonna who died or became completely non-existant a long time ago...

Yeah its nice to hear someone recognizing Madonna's achievements but MIA REALLY went overboard with the past tense here.

To be fair, most people are into old skool Madonna. It's even the case here to an extent for many, among the hardcores.

^ I think that's her real name? Saw her credited as that on Xtincta's latest disastrous opus.

Maya is her real name, yes. But I guess Maya/MIA are pronounced the same so the difference is not that important, it depends on how you want to write it.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Well you're SUPPOSED to pronounce her stage name as EM EYE AH, hence the "." between letters.

So if Gaga is hideous and pop stars should be pretty....Is Gaga not breaking new ground by showing the world that you dont have to look a certain way to make it big in the female pop world and in turn....being original?......Just saying....

So if Gaga is hideous and pop stars should be pretty....Is Gaga not breaking new ground by showing the world that you dont have to look a certain way to make it big in the female pop world and in turn....being original?......Just saying....

I think not. Like everything Gaga does or "breaks" ground on, it has been done before. Streisand took care of that you-don't-have-to-be-pretty-to-be-big department long ago-- without the clownish makeup/masks/artifice and the grand guignol. Gaga tries too hard to hide her real beauty that many of her fans may not know what she really looks like. Her being original is as true as her trying not to be Madonna.

I think not. Like everything Gaga does or "breaks" ground on, it has been done before. Streisand took care of that you-don't-have-to-be-pretty-to-be-big department long ago-- without the clownish makeup/masks/artifice and the grand guignol. Gaga tries too hard to hide her real beauty that many of her fans may not know what she really looks like. Her being original is as true as her trying not to be Madonna.

Streisand is pop? :blink::lol:

I wasnt being dead serious with my comment anyway. I have said many times that I dont even think Gaga is the foul beast people make her out to be at all, especially when she wears the right kind of makeup and tones down the crazy shit.

I'll say it again : I love this smiley :dazed:

and yes Gaga looks good in these pictures especially the black and white one. it would be great as an album look.

Streisand is pop? :blink::lol:

I wasnt being dead serious with my comment anyway. I have said many times that I dont even think Gaga is the foul beast people make her out to be at all, especially when she wears the right kind of makeup and tones down the crazy shit.

I know the distinction.. but Streisand might as well had been. Her stuff was the pop in her day. She was the Madonna of her time in terms of fame and ubiquity. She was IT. So what she was or what she represented influenced pop culture or the entertainment biz.

I agree though that Gaga is not hideous.. she's just not beautiful nor even pretty. Perhaps that's why she's not so confident not being the Monster Gaga. Until she is, she can't start being any more than a Madonna wannabe who's momentarily making hay.