Whitney talking about Madonna and the 80s look

cosmic_system

Whitney and Madonna were, without any doubt whatsoever, the two biggest female stars in music in the 80s. Madonna was the "naughty" one and Whitney was the "nice" one. Whitney may not have had the cultural impact that Madonna, Prince or Michael Jackson did, but she was definitely a major international force in the 80s and her album releases were events. The only disparaging comment made by Whitney about Madonna was her comment about how she'd kill her children if they turned out to be like Madonna (not if they "liked" Madonna). The mutual respect between the two has clearly been demonstrated since then through various reports on acts of kindness (although clearly they're not even remotely close to being friends).

This is for the "oh Madonna doesn't care about charts and never did" fans.

I love how that Whitney LOON phrased that - and I've argued with him on youtube

Translation: Whitney fan fears Madonna's legendary status and Whitney not being in that league

Anyway, love Whitney and she's JUST about a legend I say. Better than that PIG Mariah anyway. A REAL singer. :wow:

Madge was talking about a dream she had- she doesn't go around bragging about her chart achievements and acting like it's the most important thing in the world, like some other acts we know and love.

When Bryan Gumble read off her accomplishment in 1996 (having more hits than any female, or something to that degree), she was like, "I didn't even know what you just told me, I thought Whitney Houston had passed me or something." He said that Whitney can pass her, Mariah can pass her, Janet can pass her, it doesn't matter? She said those are just lists, what do they mean, and, "They can't do what I do." How true, indeed.

While there may be no negativity now between Madge and other "divas," it's telling that she's never been photographed with any of them. Whereas the others have been (and two even worked together).

Maybe she did and maybe she didn't. I just don't recall her slagging Madonna off "all the time". But if she did say that, I find it quite contradictory since she shacked up with an abusive guy and did drugs. As if she was a perfect "role model" herself.

yes, she allegedly said that... around 86-87 era...

I remember Madonna was criticised by some members of the Madonna Mailing List back in 1996 about that particular interview with Bryant Gumble. "As if she doesn't keep track of her achievements and records! She was so lying!!" etc. etc. Some things never change :angel:

When Bryan Gumble read off her accomplishment in 1996 (having more hits than any female, or something to that degree), she was like, "I didn't even know what you just told me, I thought Whitney Houston had passed me or something." He said that Whitney can pass her, Mariah can pass her, Janet can pass her, it doesn't matter? She said those are just lists, what do they mean, and, "They can't do what I do." How true, indeed.

Floppita sang her period whereas u didn't. Now take that bitch! :americanlife: