Madonna Apparel Line For MACYS

TOUR2008

Well, at least she's embraced the "Material Girl" name, after years of denouncing it. Guess it's a can't-beat-em-join-em kinda thing. :)

Actually, the M and G stand for Madonna and Guy since it's both their venture. And it sounds to me this is something that Madonna is probably doing to get Lourdes into the action since she has an interest in fashion. It may end up being Lourdes' company down the road.

Anyway, she didn't become an astute business woman by just sticking to music. It's obvious to me the woman knows that music will always be part of her life, but as she gets older it won't be her bread winner, so it makes total sense to branch out to other interests. And just because she's had great success in music shouldn't mean she should stick to one thing. After all, none of us stick to one interest all our lives, so why would we expect Madonna to do the same??

Guest ursaminorjim

Actually, the M and G stand for Madonna and Guy since it's both their venture.

Possibly. But the name of the junior line is, in fact, Material Girl.

Anyway, she didn't become an astute business woman by just sticking to music. It's obvious to me the woman knows that music will always be part of her life, but as she gets older it won't be her bread winner, so it makes total sense to branch out to other interests. And just because she's had great success in music shouldn't mean she should stick to one thing. After all, none of us stick to one interest all our lives, so why would we expect Madonna to do the same??

I agree. I don't actually have any interest in her clothing endeavors or her kids books, but I admire her versatility and business acumen. Props to her, but I would love some news on the album some day.

I agree. I don't actually have any interest in her clothing endeavors or her kids books, but I admire her versatility and business acumen. Props to her, but I would love some news on the album some day.

+ 1

She had a popular clothing line sold in Macy's during Madonna mania back in the mid 80s. Somebody please find me that MTV footage of the MTV Madonna wannabe contest at Macy's 34th Street with ANDY WARHOL as one of the judges! :dramatic:

She had a popular clothing line sold in Macy's during Madonna mania back in the mid 80s. Somebody please find me that MTV footage of the MTV Madonna wannabe contest at Macy's 34th Street with ANDY WARHOL as one of the judges! :dramatic:

The same happened with the EVITA look.

Guest ursaminorjim

Was that her clothing line, though? I thought it was just a wannabe boutique area in the Macy's junior department.

Madden Close to Madonna Deal With Iconix, Macy’s

Madden Close to Madonna Deal With Iconix, Macy’s

by Katie Abel

Posted Friday March 12, 2010

From Footwear News

Add Note

Multiple sources told Footwear News last week the company is teaming up with Iconix Brand Group Inc. and Macys Inc. to produce the shoes for Madonnas new Material Girl juniors line, set to launch exclusively at Macys in August.

Last week, the superstar and Iconix announced the formation of a joint venture called MG Icon LLC. A number of projects are expected to bow as part of the partnership, with the Material Girl line hitting first.

Footwear and accessories are going to be an essential part of the Material Girl collection, said Iconix CEO Neil Cole. Footwear is an easy way for juniors to change their look, and we are going to offer them a wide array of trend-right items that will fit into their style.

For their part, analysts were upbeat on Iconixs newest partnership, even though they were unsure how much of an impact it would have in the near term.

We believe this deal offers a number of positives for the company and is a somewhat risk-free way to increase its star power and drive upside, Eric Beder, SVP at Brean Murray, Carret & Co, wrote in a note. The analyst expects Iconix to continue to aggressively pursue acquisitions to maximize its over $200 million cash hoard.

Iconix-Madonna Collaboration Announces Sunglass Line Article Email Printer

Iconix Brand Group's (ICON) newly formed joint venture with Madonna and her manager Guy Oseary has announced its first collection of designer accessories, a sunglasses collection called MDG.

The MDG line of sunglasses, which is set to debut in May, was designed by Madonna with the help of designers Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. It is the first co-branded project Dolce & Gabbana have done. The sunglasses will retail from $248 to $289 and will be carried at Dolce & Gabbana stores worldwide, plus in Sunglass Huts and at some opticians.

The joint venture, MG Icon LLC, is half owned by Iconix--a brand manager whose holdings include Candie's and Roca Wear. The other 50% is owned by an entity controlled by Madonna and Oseary. The collaboration was created earlier this month.

Shares of Iconix closed Tuesday at $15.25 and were inactive premarket. The stock has risen 89% in the past year.

-By Nathan Becker, Dow Jones Newswires; 212-416-2855; nathan.becker@dowjones.com

Actually, the M and G stand for Madonna and Guy since it's both their venture. And it sounds to me this is something that Madonna is probably doing to get Lourdes into the action since she has an interest in fashion. It may end up being Lourdes' company down the road.

So does anybody know what the LLC stands for in MG Icon LLC

I'm thinking Lourdes/Lola Leon-Ciccone?

So does anybody know what the LLC stands for in MG Icon LLC

I'm thinking Lourdes/Lola Leon-Ciccone?

It's a standard business suffix. It means limited liquidity corporation. It's just a type of corporation that limits losses to its owners by having a separate tax ID.

Madonna debuts a new, fast-fashion junior collection exclusively at Macy's this August called "Material Girl," and the Material Mom tells ET that her daughter Lourdes serves as her muse for the collection!

"I've used fashion to make statements through my work all my life and now I have a 13-year-old daughter who's obsessed with fashion, so it seems like the natural progression of my life," she says. "If you're a Material Girl, you're a girl with a sense of humor."

The Material Girl collection consists of edgy apparel, footwear, handbags and jewelry, all inspired by music and much of Madonna's early fashions, with plenty of studs, layering and lace -- and even a bustier.

"I trust [Lourdes] because she has great style," Madonna tells ET, adding that her daughter makes most of the decisions about the collection. "We rarely disagree when it comes to clothes, I have to say. That's why most of my closet is being raided on a regular basis."

Watch ET Monday for more of Madonna's interview!

Guest ursaminorjim

400_madonna_100325_etonline.jpg

Fuckin' HOT!!!

Really? :blink:

Jeez, I'd say that's one of the least flattering recent photos I've seen of her. :lol: