Madonna gets WORST album of the decade honor!

Voguerista

The Rising, I'm Not Dead, and American Life are all GREAT albums. I don't know what this guy is talking about. American Life is more of a grower, though. I despised it upon first listen but now I love it.

oh fuck off! loads of other RnB stuff ARE real shit compared to Hard Candy, which has great tracks, just like American Life does and like most of her albums do.

im not saying its the worst RnB album... i just said that in my mind i know that HC doesn't deserve a high rating because it's bad for Madonna standards..

voguer: thanks ;) i know not all her lyrics are great for AL, but i compared it to HC. and of course once again... "easy ride", "x static process" "intervention".. i love it.

Guest bruinboy222

Pink's I'm not Dead is my favorite Pink album. That was an amazing album. AL...it's been years since i've listened to the whole album. I may have to listen again and see how it held up.

American Life is pretty bad, anything with the songs American Life, Mother And Father and Intervention has to go!!!

I dont think Music was that much better even though it's praised to no end. Nobody's Perfect, Runaway Lover and Paradise are just as bad as the crap on American Life.

Guest nothingfails0603

What I find baffling is the choices the guy picked (besides M, he also picked Pink, Weezer, Springsteen, Smashing Pumpkins and other). I find it one-sided considering the ungodly amounts of crap that came out in the 2000's. I fail to see how American Life (which I agree isn't even M's worst 00's album) could be #1 in a decade that gave us William Hung, Aaron Carter and all the American Idol/X-Factor people.

Guest ursaminorjim

American Life isn't even MADONNA'S worst album of the decade, let alone anything else. That dubious honour goes to Hard Candy, not so much an album as a brand positioning meeting gone wrong.

Wrong, and wrong. But thank you for playing! :)

no. no. no.

Music was Yummy, but it took to long to get to that gooey center.

American Life is a Dark Chocolate: GOOD IN MODERATION, but still very, very, very, bitter.

And Like Chewing Gum, Confessions lost it's flavor, Rather QUICKLY.

Madonna Knew that "Hard Candy" just couldn't be chewed.

It's an Album You Have to Suck on FOR HOURS & HOURS until it slowly melts away on your tounge.

Her Suga Be Raw, F'real. :dramatic:

Guest gloriesbarcelona

I'd say it's easily the worst "proper" album of her career.

And I half agree with your views on AL. I do admire the fact that she made exactly the album she set out to. But I also lament the fact that nobody told her that the album she made was pokey, smug, juvenile and just generally cringe-inducing.

:lol:

Like we say in french "you can't argue with someones taste" and thank god we all have ours :lol:

Though I think you are a bit harsh about AL, I can see where you are coming from.

I, for one, think the complete opposite, and while you see AL as juvenile and smug, I think it is mature, in the face, aggressive and one of her most personal album. True, it is less accessible, especially in the USA, but certainly not in Europe where the anti-americanism was at its highest during the Bush/Irak episode. Call it pretentious or call it opportunism. For me it is one of the most artistic Madonna's moment, not to mention the production and sound of the album which I still think is very avant-gardist.

Everything that Hard Candy isn't, easy and mostly boring :nocomment:

Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed some of it, but I'll take AL over HC ANYTIME!! In fact I still listen to AL, I have hardly played HC in the past 12 months, and it's only 1 1/2 year old...

Nothing personal though ;):inlove:

At least Hard Candy is fun,with some truly great uptempo dance songs.She's not taking herself too seriously.I would take "Miles Away","Heartbeat","Give It 2 Me" and "Beat Goes On" over anything on AL.

American Life is bleak,dark,preachy and downright depressing at times.There are a few good songs,but I think it's one of Madonna's weakest albums.Many of the songs have weak melodies and are under-produced.

My mother died when I was 5

And all I did was sit and cry

I cried and cried and cried all day

Until the neighbours went away

I couldn't take the loneliness

I couldn't take their phoniness

My father had to go to work

I used to think he was a jerk

:crazy:

My mother died when I was 5

And all I did was sit and cry

I cried and cried and cried all day

Until the neighbours went away

I couldn't take the loneliness

I couldn't take their phoniness

My father had to go to work

I used to think he was a jerk

:crazy:

Well clearly she was 5, as u urself have always maintained. :fag:

AL was overhyped. It promised much but didn't deliver.

It seemed a long time coming after Music and correspondingly people expected some stellar work.

There is not one song on this album which suggests it took over a year to record and get it right.

I am very glad that a lot of fans adore this album and that some fans only discovered her becasue of it. But for me it was a below-par release. She really was smug about it though. She must have been truly deluded to think that AL was a good choice for lead single.

Strange that if you ask me to bring only 2 CDs (barring greatest hits & compilations) of her on an island, I'd pic these two. They're really at both ends of the spectrum with AL being a bit melancholy & serious while HC being just fun & danceable. I am a fan of those two albums and I'd prefer listening to them than Music or Confessions on a Dancefloor.

Well clearly she was 5, as u urself have always maintained. :fag:

And now, I find I've changed my mind

Well, sort of.

I would be very happy to accept that theory had the "Mother and Father" lyric been an isolated episode on the album, but on a record which also boasts such complex poetic gems as

I'm drinking a soya latte

I've got a double shote

And I know I can feel bad

When I get in a bad mood

Everybody's looking for something

Everybody's stupid, stupid

I always wished that I could find

Someone as TALANTED as you

But in the process I forgot

That I was SPESHUL too

.. then I can only file them on the "Madonna retarded lyrics" shelf - which is starting to turn into a whole bookcase by now...

I'd have to say that out of the 4 albums she's released the past decade it is by far her worst though, definitely. Even the anaemic grooves of Confessions on a Dance Floor hold up better in retrospect.

Best Suedey U Turn eva! :fag:

I knew you'd come around, everyone does eventually. There was even a brief time I liked the album too. But then I'm always ahead of the masses. :queenbitch: