Sticky & Sweet Tour to air on U.S. VH1 April 2

Nightshade

I actually thought this was on 2 nights ago. At any rate the "Friday Night Alright" series is only 30-60 minutes tops, so expect only a few performances.

Yeah but Palladia always air the full 2 hour concert the following day.

Guest nothingfails0603

Those Friday night specials are pointless. They're usually a half hour long while their reality shows are an hour long.

How the fuck are you going to know if you're impressed with an artists' concert enought hat you'd want to check out their cd if you're only getting 20 mins without commercials, that's 3-4 songs max.

Guest nothingfails0603

Yeah but Palladia always air the full 2 hour concert the following day.

Palladia is just as bad as VH1. They cut full concert DVD's down to hour long specials all the time.

• 1 month later...

NEWSFLASH: VH1 in America will now premiere & air "Sticky & Sweet" Tour on Friday, April 2nd starting at 11:00 PM and ending at 12:30 AM.

My cable system says:

The artist performs in Argentina; guests include Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Kanye West :lol:

Even though you'll all buy the DVD, it's still a TV worthy moment. :thumbsup:

I forgot the live album/DVD was released on April 6th... more East Coasters should be talking about it then! :wow:

She is KILLIN' it live and doing it better than the girls half her age!

Too bad that Madonna show is edited for TV. I rather watch it on DVD. I'll stick to watching Take That: The Circus Tour on DVD tonight.

VH1 actually did a better job with this than NBC's airing of Confessions (which had a commercial break after every song!) but as the show went on it became obvious stuff was being omitted left and right. There was also a TV spot advertising the DVD...... who's in charge of that sort of thing now Live Nation or Warner? Doesn't seem Warner's style to make even that much an effort. The CD/DVD is currently #8 at Amazon :)

VH1 actually did a better job with this than NBC's airing of Confessions (which had a commercial break after every song!) but as the show went on it became obvious stuff was being omitted left and right. There was also a TV spot advertising the DVD...... who's in charge of that sort of thing now Live Nation or Warner? Doesn't seem Warner's style to make even that much an effort. The CD/DVD is currently #8 at Amazon :)

While I just enjoyed it, the edits were sooo obvious to me. I doubt anyone that wasn't a real big fan would have noticed. It's just I was hoping they would air "Borderline", "You Must Love Me" and "Devil..." as well. They could have edited out the "Spanish Lesson" performance. Seriously, what a silly song to even feature.

And it makes sense to advert the CD/DVD during the airing.

Missing from the edited broadcast:

Heartbeat

Borderline

She's Not Me

Rain/Here Comes the Rain Again (interlude)

The Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Miles Away

Doli Doli

You Must Love Me

Raqy of Light

Like a Virgin ("request" song)

Hung Up

I'm glad "Die Another Day" was shown- I hadn't seen it full through before- nicely done- and as pointed out, like other interlude videos from recent tours, better than her singles videos as of late. Not sure why "Get Stupid" didn't get cut. I'd also rather have seen "Borderline"- studio live vocals and all- rather than "Human Nature" (even though that's a cool version of an underwhelming track).

I noted in the other S&S thread that the VH1 broadcast looked different than the Sky1 broadcast- more glossy. Am I seeing things, or did the Sky1 have more of a "non-film" quality to it?