Madonna on "Late Show"/David Letterman

FreeMySoul

Guest thehiltonsuite

Some bitch on 94.3 The Point this morning was talking about Madonna and playing clips from Letterman and she went on about how Madonna is just not likeable or relatable and she doesnt like her, and how she never says anything "endearing". :blink: Of course before she went on this rant she did say she didnt like Madonna "aside from her music". Twat.

They want Madonna to say the most important thing in the world is being a parent and shit like that.....like she's Julia Roberts or somebody. Madonna will never be that and I'm glad! Why do you have to like somebody and want them to be fake and likable? I like a fucking bitch! Fuck 'em!

They want Madonna to say the most important thing in the world is being a parent and shit like that.....like she's Julia Roberts or somebody. Madonna will never be that and I'm glad! Why do you have to like somebody and want them to be fake and likable? I like a fucking bitch! Fuck 'em!

I feel like that was SUCH an unfair question, anyway. I mean, seriously, in today's world almost no one has the luxury of ONLY being a parent and nothing else. If you are a parent, of course that is an important responsibility and should be your biggest priority in life while the kids are growing. But parents are also role models, and to have a career and have interests outside of just watching your child grow up is something valuable for a child to see. I'm not saying a stay-at-home mom is a bad thing -- but I feel like that's where the question was heading, asking her if she wouldn't like to be a stay-at-home mom, just because she financially could probably afford it.

While the response probably isn't "endearing," it is realistic. Many mothers wish they could spend more time with their children, but simply cannot because of financial reasons. And once the children are school age, you wouldn't even get to spend the day with them anymore anyway.

Ugh. I'm not expressing this very well, and I feel like there was this whole debate earlier when she adopted Mercy and some people think she should just stop everything and not use any nannies and just be in the child-rearing business. Again, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I feel like it's unfair to ask someone if they could only do ONE THING with their life, what would it be, and would it be parenting. Because there's a lot of life to live, and if you were only put on the planet to produce offspring, well, then, wouldn't a lot of other people (who never have children, etc.) be just worthless human beings? There's a lot more to life, there are ways to be a kind, generous person without being a parent. And those have worth, too.

Guest thehiltonsuite

I feel like that was SUCH an unfair question, anyway. I mean, seriously, in today's world almost no one has the luxury of ONLY being a parent and nothing else. If you are a parent, of course that is an important responsibility and should be your biggest priority in life while the kids are growing. But parents are also role models, and to have a career and have interests outside of just watching your child grow up is something valuable for a child to see. I'm not saying a stay-at-home mom is a bad thing -- but I feel like that's where the question was heading, asking her if she wouldn't like to be a stay-at-home mom, just because she financially could probably afford it.

While the response probably isn't "endearing," it is realistic. Many mothers wish they could spend more time with their children, but simply cannot because of financial reasons. And once the children are school age, you wouldn't even get to spend the day with them anymore anyway.

Ugh. I'm not expressing this very well, and I feel like there was this whole debate earlier when she adopted Mercy and some people think she should just stop everything and not use any nannies and just be in the child-rearing business. Again, not that there's anything wrong with that, but I feel like it's unfair to ask someone if they could only do ONE THING with their life, what would it be, and would it be parenting. Because there's a lot of life to live, and if you were only put on the planet to produce offspring, well, then, wouldn't a lot of other people (who never have children, etc.) be just worthless human beings? There's a lot more to life, there are ways to be a kind, generous person without being a parent. And those have worth, too.

I get what you're saying. I guess people think Madonna should soften as she gets older. They want to see some humility and it's obviously not goin to happen. Sorry world!