Madonna on "Saturday Night Live"?

HolidayGuy

Guest Chanel Prince Jacobs

omg this gaga performance is horrendous!!! first she got a flop tour, now this disaster of a performance

Guest Topaz Scorpio

The outfit was an unnecessary distraction, but I liked the performance. These sort of scattered cabaret-type performances are what she's all about.

is gaga on drugs? it sounded like she forgot the last part so she started makin up lyrics, wat a druggie.

is gaga on drugs? it sounded like she forgot the last part so she started makin up lyrics, wat a druggie.

If she was making up the lyrics on the spot, then she's brilliant at improv.

Madonna vs. Lady Gaga on 'SNL'

By Roger Catlin on October 4, 2009 12:23 AM | Permalink | Comments (0)

The first TV encounter of Madonna and Lady Gaga came during "Saturday Night Live" this week, when the Material Girl appeared unannounced in a Deep House Dish skit alongside the contemporary hitmaker when a similar bizarre visual bent.

A few bars into a song and dance number, Madonna grabbed Lady Gaga's blonde hair and here was one of those cliched hair-pulling catfights in skimpy outfits. "What the hell is a disco stick?" she demanded.

The dance number didn't seem to go as planned. Lady Gaga sang while Madonna didn't. It didn't matter -- seeing them together was the big thing.

Invited to sit on the couch, they continued their fake fighting.

"Guess what Madonna I'm totally hotter than you!"

"Guess what I'm totally taller than you," she replied adding: "What kind of name is Lady Gaga. It sounds like baby food..."

"The kind that's No. 1 on the Billboard charts," Gaga replied lunging on her.

Keenan Thompson's character wanted them to make up. And because some dude wrote it, he asked them to kiss. Madonna's kiss to other female pop stars has been some kind of annointment in the past, as when she laid on on Britney Spears at a past MTV video music awards. But Keenan's character interjected himself between them to receive their kisses.

Madonna was the biggest of several guest stars on the show, ironically hosted by one of the least known stars, Ryan Reynolds.

Darrell Hammond, apparently freelancing on the show after the longest run as a cast member made his first "Saturday Night Live" appearance as Arnold Schwarzenegger, behind so much prosthetic makeup he was hardly recognizable.

The Letterman situation was mentioned in "Weekend Update" as a "Stupid human trick." But a whole retro "Celebrity Family Fued" skit was built around the John Phillips revelation.

Gaga clearly missed her cue at the beginning of the skit on the verse and started late (when Madonna points at her), so we didn't get to hear Madonna's part of the verse. :(

The backing vocals behind Gaga match whatever Madonna would have sung.

Okay, WHAT are those things called that spin you around? Lady GaGa was wearing on at the end. It's on the tip of my tongue but I can't nail it!

Guest SuperBriGuy

Lady Gaga: Hey, guess what, Madonna? I'm totally hotter than you.

Madonna: Hey, guess what? I'm totally taller than you. What kind of name is Lady GaGa? It sounds like baby food.

:lol:

Madonna looked damn good. Loving the new hair. Looks so much better than it did at the VMA's. The skit was cute, the disco stick line was funny. Loved it! Madonna looks happy. I think it would be cool if Madonna & Lady Gaga did something together in the future, that could be epic...

maybe it was after all that tabloid tv show spots....."madonna does this, madonna eats this, madonna madonna...."

Oh ok, cuz i just heard about that charity boss quiting, didnt kno she got sacked. I hope this doesnt cause a rift betwen Maddy & Gwen :(

Guest SuperBriGuy

Oh ok, cuz i just heard about that charity boss quiting, didnt kno she got sacked. I hope this doesnt cause a rift betwen Maddy & Gwen :(

Why would it matter? Not like the two of them have actually worked together in the first place, have they?