Many insiders say Gaga's VMA performance tops Madonna

Guest dicktracy

To answer the original question: No.

But seeing some of the hysterical, terrified, defensive posts in here, you can tell GaGa is on to something good :horn:

totally!!

Seriously if a drunk guy's stage antics could out headline the much hyped performance by Gaga then i suppose this performance will be forgotten in say a week or two. This years VMA's surely belongs to Kanye's ass hole histrionics. in years to come no one will even remember Gaga's stoopid number. Might I say even Madge's tribute stole the thunder from Gaga's Broadway cum slasher movie whatever performance she did.

And men her panties looks like there's a dildo stuck in it....For show i suppose

article-1159862-03C2CC98000005DC-173_468x312.jpg

I thought the GaGa performance was OK for what it was, if a bit OTT..and my god has she got a fucking ugly FACE.....

BOY GEORGE sang in a wedding dress in a tour of Japan in early 1984 as well..FABULOUS!!

Oh please. WhaWha is a joke, she's just another Madonna wannabe and she'd do anything to be controversial.

Jeez, is that really so hard to understand that there will never be another Madonna and that nobody will EVER top what M has done??

Guest Pud Whacker

namely me :vanitybonet:

I see your point there Pud daddy :lol:

good. even if it takes that britney to prove my point to the poopers. ill use whatever i have to to make people SEE THE LIGHT!!!! :rotfl:

Guest Pud Whacker

By the way, let's not forget that Madonna didn't even the Best New Artist award she was up for when she performed "Like a Virgin."

Just goes to show her point that awards are ultimately meaningless.

yes, she was up for borderline and i would have died to have her walk up on that stage and receive the award. omg, how gorgeous she was that night. it went to that lauper woman. :thumbsdown:

Guest Pud Whacker

cyndi_lauper_TIMES_SQUARE_GOSSIP.jpg

vs.

Madonna+Sticky+And+Sweet+Tour+scIyQWvF6obl.jpg

i mean really. all i think of when i see lauper is how martha quinn loved her over madonna because madonna was too sexual. so i think of marthas bad haircut and her little jabs at madonna throughout the years and when at LIVE AID said, "madonnas getting ready to release her next single, All Dressed Up". :rolleyes:

its a type, sweetie. :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

:rotfl: I noticed Martha Quimm being sarcastic toward Madge in those videos Scrapple posted.

yes, she was miss young feminist offended by madonna overt sexuality. who can blame her though? she looks like a safety pin with a mullet wig. as much as i love her for nostalgic sake, she irritated me back then and shes such a nothing. :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

I like Martha cause she's soooo old skool. :rotfl: She appeared in a Brady Bunch reunion movie. :wow:

i know she was just jaded because all the dudes at MTV were all up on madonna's cunt hole hotness. poor thing felt inferior. she could IDENTIFY with lauper. :rotfl:

In 10 years if Gag is still doing her thing and topping the charts I will give her props, but until then I will continue to laugh at her and her "fans" for elevating her to the status of a music legend despite the fact that she only has 1 fucking album out.

:lmao:

In 10 years if Gag is still doing her thing and topping the charts I will give her props, but until then I will continue to laugh at her and her "fans" for elevating her to the status of a music legend despite the fact that she only has 1 fucking album out.

No truer words are said than this. :thumbsup:

Well

to be fair GaGa's performance was indeed the best of VMA '09 and also one of the best ones in the history of VMA i'd say

BUT topped Madonna's?

In some moments it may have been equally good but one has to understand that Madonna was may more groundbreaking.

And just think, back in the mid 80's, a lot of people thought of Madonna in the same way. Difference is, it took more than one album to get Madonna as phenomenally famous. A lot of people thought she would never last. No doubt, she proved them wrong. Kudos to her. But I don't understand this lynch mentality for any female (such as Ga Ga) who may become hugely popular in the sense Madonna became in her early days. Of course, there will always be people who will disagree with the idea Lady Ga Ga is even in the same ball park as Madonna, and I am not saying she is, but the fact is that Lady Ga Ga is hugely popular. She's managed a number of big hits from single #1. I think she's fantastic. I have room to enjoy her as well as many other famous female artists that are out today. In no way, do I make comparison checks because in the end, it's all about just having fun. I think some people make this as a competition. Madonna sure doesn't!

I've always thought if one has to run down another entertainer to make their favorite artist look better, they lack confidence in their support for their favorite entertainer.

Music is to be enjoyed... it's not a contest!

She may have once said that, but you just know bytch would have sold her Granny for an Oscar. :lmao: She contradicts herself so much.

I would think that is due to the fact her true aspirations was to become an established ACTRESS. By her second major film, she was penned as Box Office Poison. No doubt, she was determined to prove people wrong. An Oscar would probably helped her prove that.

Anyway, I don't think she has much to complain about.