Many insiders say Gaga's VMA performance tops Madonna

Guest dicktracy

Guest dicktracy

Lady Gaga: Many insiders say VMA performance tops Madonna

http://www.examiner.com/x-15033-Memphis-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner~y2009m9d19-Lady-Gaga-Many-insiders-say-VMA-performance-tops-Madonna

September 19, 12:47 PMMemphis Celebrity Headlines Examiner Randy Aaron :confused:

Lady Gaga: The new Madonna

In 1984, Madonna shocked the world by appearing in a sleazy (but hot) wedding gown singing "Like a Virgin." Twenty five years later, Lady GaGa makes that performance forgettable. From her white classic look in "Poker Face" to her incredible vocal performance in "Paparazzi," Lady GaGa stole the night. Everybody held their mouths open in fascination when she hung from a string with fake blood on her face.

Rolling Stone described the performance as "shockingly unforgettable" while many blogs have been buzzing about GaGa's show for days. It's obvious Lady GaGa is here to stay and is today's version of Madonna and Michael Jackson combined.

Other articles of interest:

Lady Gaga: Is she this generation's Elvis? :lmao:

i quite enjoyed her performance.

i laffed through the whole thing.

from the crazy face to the blood to the hanging from a meathook.

i mean, come on, who plays the piano with their foot.

Gaga even found a moment to put a fake bloody contact lens in her right eye for the final hang.

it was eccentric, i think thats the best way to describe it/her.

I like her. She can dance, sing, play the piano, bleed and die all in one performance.

Gaga even found a moment to put a fake bloody contact lens in her right eye for the final hang.

Seriously.

Again, I reallly like alot of what Lady Gaga does, but GIVE ME A FREAKIN BREAK!!!!!!!!! That performance was a mess.

On a sidenote though time might change that view depending on where her career goes from here. I have a feeling if most of us viewed Madonna's VMA performace without knowing who she was or anything else about her, we to would look at it and say, what the fuck was that mess? :lol:

I was only 2 when Madonna did that so I am not really aware of the reaction but I am sure many didnt know what the hell to make of it and thought it was god awful.

Guest Pud Whacker

i guess time will only tell if they speak of a woman named Madonna, who slithered off a cake in a sleazy wedding dress singing about being Like a Virgin while wiping her cunt on the floor or a woman named Joanne who had solid gold dancers behind her while she flew in the air with blood on her ugly face. i already know the answer.

man have you got the time to make this cosmic climb?

Madonna's performance at the time was very shocking and scandalous. Many thought her career would be over, including her manager. Look where she is now. GaGa's performance was amazing, yes, but it doesn't have that hyped up scandal about it that still fuels the 1984 performance. Even the 2003 performance, I think, will be remembered more than GaGa's performance. Just my two cents.

Madonna's performance at the time was very shocking and scandalous. Many thought her career would be over, including her manager. Look where she is now. GaGa's performance was amazing, yes, but it doesn't have that hyped up scandal about it that still fuels the 1984 performance. Even the 2003 performance, I think, will be remembered more than GaGa's performance. Just my two cents.

Agreed.

For each decade in her career Madonna has had a legendary VMA's moment - "Like a Virgin", "Vogue" and "Hollywood".

Let's hope she'll crank another one out in the next couple of years. :wow:

MADONNAs VIRGIN MTV performance was an ORIGINAL. it was a CLASSIC musical moment in HiSTORY & i dont think

anything should be compared to it. it cant be matched. period.

Obviously every new young vibrant popular pop-tart will be compared to M....but her ORIGINALITY AND SUCCESSESS should

not be rivaled.

Are there any stories that went around after Madonna came off stage? Like did her manager run up to her and ask her what the fuck was up with that? :lol: Im sure if there was something like that I read about it somewhere but I just dont remember.

This is from the Examiner. Enough said.

Anyway, I think Lady Ga Ga is great. She's a great entertainer. I don't need to compare her to Madonna, nor am I threatened by her popularity compared to Madonna. The two are two separate artists who equally entertain me. I enjoy them both and that is all that matters.

Lady Ga Ga's performance was great. Comparing it to Madonna's Like A Virgin is like comparing Apples and Oranges. Both equally delicious, but not the same.

Oh and before one of our resident smart asses comes in and points out that VMA's "Like a Virgin" wasn't original because Debbie Harry or whoever had once performed in a wedding dress - that is not the point.

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh and before one of our resident smart asses comes in and points out that VMA's "Like a Virgin" wasn't original because Debbie Harry or whoever had once performed in a wedding dress - that is not the point.

im always happy to help here.

stiff as a board - miss TP:

4ac570ee.jpg

sex bomb - madonna:

18c4dcd7.jpg

Are there any stories that went around after Madonna came off stage? Like did her manager run up to her and ask her what the fuck was up with that? :lol: Im sure if there was something like that I read about it somewhere but I just dont remember.

Yeah, Liz Rosenberg's boyfriend at the time turned to her and said "Her career is over before it even started". And when M got backstage, her manager went off on her and I think said that her career was over, also. I can't remember exactly what the manager said. I know she mentioned it in the Hall of Fame speech.

Guest Pud Whacker

Yeah, Liz Rosenberg's boyfriend at the time turned to her and said "Her career is over before it even started". And when M got backstage, her manager went off on her and I think said that her career was over, also. I can't remember exactly what the manager said. I know she mentioned it in the Hall of Fame speech.

yeah, and i think freddy said something like, "i'll never let her do live television again".

oh, little did they know what happened the next day. of course they found out when the song was released and went straight to number one. dont forget, the song wasnt out yet - that was the first the public had ever heard it and we had a good month more to wait for it to be released to radio and as a single. longest wait in history. :lol:

Guest Pud Whacker

:rotfl:

I nearly spat out my Coke Zero when I saw that pic of poor Debbie Harry, thanks Pud :lmao:

:lol:

anytime babe. thats what im here for. THE UGLY REMINDER.

Guest Pud Whacker

I love the story about her rehearsing it in a boob tube and her boobs coming out and her just carrying on with rehearsal. Ever the professional. :clap:

rehearsal - straps are not over shoulder:

3fe0e5f0.jpg

This is from the Examiner. Enough said.

Precisely. It's a lil piece by a nobody who wants to stir shit up, so more people would read his crap and he'll make an extra buck. It doesn't even mean that it's his real opinion. Just the fact that it's controversial.

It's no different than that deranged Madonna fan that writes for the Examiner and makes crazy shit; like the one about Jesus having sexy time with Suzann Boyale.

Guest Pud Whacker

Pure raw sex

So beautiful.

its everything. yeah, that one straight man described the rehearsal as her wearing a tube top. i dont think the word bustier or merry widow was in his vocabulary. :lol:

and lets not forget that he said that rehearsal tape was floating all around MTV for years.

it can still be released one day!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

and really while were at it - lets compare:

just hideous:

2dc8znp.jpg

this ONE GLANCE AT THE CAMERA alone leaves joannes 'performance' in madonnas dust...

mtv_show5.jpg

Guest Pud Whacker

enough said. she began at the top of the cake and ended up like this....

mtv_show9.jpg

:rotfl:

its still RAUNCHY 25 years later. and joannes will still be stupid in 25 years.

Guest Pud Whacker

oh, of course, i love that shot!!!

mtv_show8.jpg

----

seriously madonna's speech got more ink, talk, spoofs and footage than this goofball hideous shyt:

5ad1db0f.jpg