Madonna will be on Rolling Stone magazine

Genevieve Vavance

Tentative project: On the cover of the Rolling Stone.

Category: Magazines.

Apparently Madonna will be on the cover of the Rolling Stone magazine.

She will do the photoshoot with a pair of photographers and she already collaborated with them before: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott.

As usual, check out www.madonnafanzine.com for possible additional info and discuss about this topic.

DM

I just bought the newest issue of RS with Stephen Colbert on the cover and on like the 3rd page there is a huge pic of Madonna from the tour and RS talking about it with that same quote from Madonna being used. Could that be where this rumor came from?

I love Mert & Marcus :wow: I hope they do something amazing.

Also, the 2005 RS cover is EVERYTHING :drama::drama:

Yes, the 2005 RS is fab -- wish more of the photos from that particular series had been released officially.

And I love what Mert & Marcus did with Gwen in V magazine -- those were colorful and clever. Hope that's what they do with Madonna -- we already got "severe black-and-white" treatment from Mert & Marcus when they did the POP shoot for M in 2002 that eventually got used for the Die Another Day single artwork.

a little nerdy topic:

If Madonna appears on this upcoming cover, it will be her 20th RS cover appearance, including collage appearances. She is already the female with the most RS covers (main features alone - not including her collage appearances) and with 20 she will tie Bono for the most covers. If she gets one more, she will tie Springsteen and Dylan as the solo artist with the most covers (Lennon, McCartney and Jagger are ahead of them but most of their covers were as a result of their involvement with the Beatles and Stones, respectively).

The top 10:

10.Jerry Garcia 15

9. George Harrison 17

8. Keith Richards 19

7. Madonna 20 (if she has this up coming cover)

6. Bono 20

5. Bruce Springsteen 21

4. Bob Dylan 21

3. Paul McCartney 26

2. Mick Jagger 27

1. John Lennon 28

just for the record, the closest female (Brit Brit) and Jacko's cover counts don't come close.

Guest Not4Pussies

thats awesome that she will be on the cover but i wish mert & marcus were used for a different magazine V or Vogue or even Interview

Guest Not4Pussies

no wigs please!

i agree... she wont change up her hair style drastically anymore

so she depends on wigs now... blame andy lacompte

A few days ago RollingStone.com published a small excerpt of what Madonna told the magazine in their upcoming issue. Today we have heard that, for the cover, the magazine is going to align with the type of promotion Warner Bros is doing for the Celebration albums and singles.

We heard that no new shoot will be used for the Rolling Stone cover but old classic shots of Madonna.

Madonnatribe

A few days ago RollingStone.com published a small excerpt of what Madonna told the magazine in their upcoming issue. Today we have heard that, for the cover, the magazine is going to align with the type of promotion Warner Bros is doing for the Celebration albums and singles.

We heard that no new shoot will be used for the Rolling Stone cover but old classic shots of Madonna.

Madonnatribe

then dont fuckin bother guys!

whats the point?

ranting.gif

Guest Not4Pussies

it should be a special madonna edition

articles on all her albums, tours, videos, pics from all the years

and THE madonna interview

It's Gwen Stefani by Mert&Marcus on the cover of V Magazine. You don't like?

hmmmm I don't know . it's certainly unique though :lol:

Anna the liar has said that American Life will be on the DVD. This Celebration DVD is so incomplete IMO.

Guest travelinstillness

i just love how all these sources (i.e., MadonnaScab, Anna) claim that their info is FINAL and CONFIRMED but then it suddenly changes...... either Madonna is suffering from severe side effects of menopause (meaning, changing her mind at the last possible minute CONSTANTLY), or these 'sources' are getting their 'exclusive, final, and completely confirmed details' very wrong. Which I believe (and I Know i'm not alone here) is the latter.