"Celebration" DVD- Double DVD Set

cosmic_system

Guest ursaminorjim

What's there to bitch about? Videos are just a bonus to all this.

Sure, I want this to include everything she's released, and sure, I know that's entirely unlikely.

I think a lot of the griping stems from the rather haphazard...okay, I'll say it, the unspeakably atrocious manner in which her catalogue's been handled, from compilations to reissues to video collections - you name it, they've botched it. And that casts both a lot of hope and a lot of expectations on this set. After all, this is her last hurrah with Warners, so it stands to reason that everyone wants it done right.

I'm keeping my expectations to a bare minimum. That way I can't help but be pleasantly surprised.

So the MADONNA.COM newsletter confirms the 2 DVD release

Dear Madonna Fans,

As announced last week, an important Madonna release is to hit the stores on September 29 (September 28 outside of the United States). Celebration is the ultimate compilation of Madonna's biggest hits, which were all remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans.

Also featured on this upcoming release are two brand new songs co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold. The first single, also titled "Celebration," has just been sent out to radios worldwide and is available for download from iTunes! Make sure to get your copy of it and to celebrate the song that is soon to become another worldwide hit for Madonna!

Celebration, the album, will be released on CD but also as a 2-CD set, both of them being available for pre-order from Amazon.com:

Pre-order the CD »

Pre-order the 2-CD set »

More Celebration-related releases are to be detailed within the next few weeks, including a special 2-DVD set and more — so stay tuned!

Let's get the party started, it's a Celebration!

The Madonna.com Team

Madonna.com

That email also indicates BOTH of the new tracks on Celebration are co-produced by Madonna and Oakenfold. I hope that's an error -- because "Revolver" was rumored to be produced with Frank E or DJ Frankie or whatever the heck his name is.

That email also indicates BOTH of the new tracks on Celebration are co-produced by Madonna and Oakenfold. I hope that's an error -- because "Revolver" was rumored to be produced with Frank E or DJ Frankie or whatever the heck his name is.

Huh, that Anna girl said that "Revolver" would be the other new track. Interesting. A new development....

Maybe Revolver was remixed by oOakenfold for the release, who knows.or it's just an error.

An error? By Warners? Surely not!

They are so crap, it wouldn't surprised me if they pressed Mariah Carey's "Obsessed" on the album by mistake.

Guest bluejean

I think a lot of the griping stems from the rather haphazard...okay, I'll say it, the unspeakably atrocious manner in which her catalogue's been handled, from compilations to reissues to video collections - you name it, they've botched it. And that casts both a lot of hope and a lot of expectations on this set. After all, this is her last hurrah with Warners, so it stands to reason that everyone wants it done right.

Yes, this is true.

You only have to look at most other artists compilations, video collections, remasters, live DVD's etc to know that Madonna fans are missing out.

I really don't think it's all Warner. If Madonna wanted all her tours, all her music videos, rare tracks etc released then it would happen. The thing with Madonna is that she is always moving forward, and squeezing in all the less memorable music videos would make no sense to her. She probably sees something like 'True Blue' and thinks "who would want to see that again?"

Madonna & WB should take a note from the Pet Shop Boys.

When I first heard there would be a "Celebration" DVD, my first thought was Finally, Justify My Love, Don't Tell Me and American Life on DVD! I can't imagine Madonna NOT putting Justify My Love on the collection.

Did Guy O, or anyone from WB ever confirm this Frank E/Lil Wayne collaboration? EVERY press release i've read so far has mentioned Paul Oakenfold doing two tracks. I highly doubt WB would just forget to mention a producer, and major hip hop star like Lil Wayne. Hmmm...

It would be so funny if Revolver turns out to be another Oakenfold track. :lmao:

The song just got more interesting to me.

Guest Danny86

^It's probably meant to be a surprise.

The Kanye West collaboration was NEVER officially announced either, yet we all knew about it because of fansites.

^It's probably meant to be a surprise.

The Kanye West collaboration was NEVER officially announced either, yet we all knew about it because of fansites.

Mmm...I don't think so. How is DJ Frank E supposed to be a surprise? It's not as if his name is gonna shift more units, when no one here has ever heard of him before. Kanye West is and was a superstar.....big difference.

I think the biggest surprise is that Paul O produced both tracks. :lmao:

^I was referring to Lil Wayne.

Guy Oseary confirmed Frank E at the same time as Oakenfold.

Whatever Guy O said then, is at odds with the latest press releases NOW. Perhaps she scrapped Frank E and Lil Wayne, when she realized how shitastic it sounded...who knows. It still begs the question of why they would need to keeping something a surprise? Especially, when radio is about as excited about Celebration, as a case of the crabs. If Lil Wayne is on this track, they should be shouting it from the rooftops, and not even mentioning Frank E producing the track, makes no sense at all.

As I said, the press release clearly states that Paul O produced two tracks, but we'll know soon enough.

Guest Danny86

Whatever Guy O said then, is at odds with the latest press releases NOW. Perhaps she scrapped Frank E and Lil Wayne, when she realized how shitastic it sounded...who knows. It still begs the question of why they would need to keeping something a surprise? Especially, when radio is about as excited about Celebration, as a case of the crabs. If Lil Wayne is on this track, they should be shouting it from the rooftops, and not even mentioning Frank E producing the track, makes no sense at all.

As I said, the press release clearly states that Paul O produced two tracks, but we'll know soon enough.

That argument was repeated a million times 2 years ago by people who hated "Candy Shop". Guess what, Madonna is still using that song to open her show with.

I think we got it by now how you dislike the thought of Madonna releasing "Revolver". People with reliable sources confirmed it's still there and it's still happening.

And that was a Madonna.com newsletter, not a press release.

That argument was repeated a million times 2 years ago by people who hated "Candy Shop". Guess what, Madonna is still using that song to open her show with.

I think we got it by now how you dislike the thought of Madonna releasing "Revolver". People with reliable sources confirmed it's still there and it's still happening.

And that was a Madonna.com newsletter, not a press release.

Madonna.com is her OFFICIAL WEBSITE....not a fan rumor mill.

She's not opening her show with that HORRIFIC Candy Shop DEMO from 2 years ago. The show is opening with the completely revamped and steller album version.

Guess what?....people with their reliable sources don't always turn out to be so reliable.

Guest Danny86

Completely revamped? WTF?! It has some tweaks due to it being LIVE, but most importantly the same LYRICS are featured, which were just as bashed as "Revolver", or even more. Oh and the "Candy Shop" DEMO is the first track on Hard Candy without ANY CHANGES, so that would mean it's not a demo.

Guest bluejean

The Revolver demo we heard has 20 times more hit potential than Celebration in the US.

It's possible that Oakenfold remixed the song and they are using a remix. But I honestly think it's an error. The only place we have heard that he produced 2 tracks is Madonna.com. Is that really a reliable source of information? I recall an occasion Madonna.com publishing "news" that originated from a fansite. I trust Guy O and Anna's twittering over the person who runs that site.

Guest bluejean

She's not opening her show with that HORRIFIC Candy Shop DEMO from 2 years ago. The show is opening with the completely revamped and steller album version.

I think you meant to say Beat Goes On?

Completely revamped? WTF?! It has some tweaks due to it being LIVE, but most importantly the same LYRICS are featured, which were just as bashed as "Revolver", or even more. Oh and the "Candy Shop" DEMO is the first track on Hard Candy without ANY CHANGES, so that would mean it's not a demo.

You're right, I was thinking Beat goes on. My bad.

In any case....the Revolver demo is still SHIT. But we get it....you love it.

I hope it showcases some videos that never made the tracklisting of the GH

JML and Erotica may be a problem cause it means automatic R rating.

wasnt EROTICA supposed to be included on the 93-99 collection, and i think i even remember a tracklisting coming out and the original title was 92-99 and then suddenly EROTICA was removed and the name changed to 93...

am i correct? Seems that video really scares WB. you'd think after all this time though, that its not as scandalous as 1992

wasnt EROTICA supposed to be included on the 93-99 collection, and i think i even remember a tracklisting coming out and the original title was 92-99 and then suddenly EROTICA was removed and the name changed to 93...

am i correct? Seems that video really scares WB. you'd think after all this time though, that its not as scandalous as 1992

Yes, the promo had "Erotica".

BI don't think the "Eroticaù" or "Justify My Love" videos are going to be a problem this time.The Drowned World Tour dvd and Confessions Tour dvd were released with the pa stickers.

And remember the Video Collection wasn't as important as this release will be.It was a very random release actually.

Hmm, well, we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe "Revolver" will be a b-side track. Or maybe she's gonna keep it for a full studio album for Live Nation. I can't wait to see the tracklists for the Dvd and the 2cd set. And I'm anticipating the video for "Celebration."

Hmm, well, we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe "Revolver" will be a b-side track. Or maybe she's gonna keep it for a full studio album for Live Nation. I can't wait to see the tracklists for the Dvd and the 2cd set. And I'm anticipating the video for "Celebration."

I'm sure they'll be glaring ommissions on this Celebration DVD release. Don't be surprised to read about Madonna fans complaining left and right once the tracklisting is revealed. This is crappy record label.

At least Pet Shop Boys practically give everything to their fans videowise.PopART and LIFE IN POP Dvds are examples.

Edited by Live It Up

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, much of this is pretty much known, but it does give a few more details about the whole project:

All Madonna's hits together! September 25 will be the day of the release of the ultimate Greatest Hits Collection "Celebration". The songs have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans. The album is the ultimate collection of Madonna's career including 'Express Yourself', 'Vogue' and '4 Minutes'.

"Celebration" will be released as a 1-CD and 2-CD and 2-DVD. All three versions contain the new single Celebration that entered at number 1 in the airplay charts.

11-SEP-2009 Madonna Celebration (Picture Disc) 9362497228 1SS Pop Music 093624972280

25-SEP-2009 Madonna Celebration (Intl 2CD set) * 9362497242 2CD Pop Music 093624972426

25-SEP-2009 Madonna Celebration (single disc) 9362499274 1CD Pop Music 093624992745

2-DVD VAN MADONNA'S ''CELEBRATION'

Next to the 1-Cd and 2-CD there is also a 2-DVD available of the Ultimate Greatest Hits Collection "Celebration" by Madonna.

Catno: 7599399844

Barcode: 075993998443

Warner Music NL

Source: Madonna Underground

Guest maddyfan171

Didn't Madonna record a 3rd song for the gh called I'm Sorry that was dropped? Maybe this is the 2nd song Oak remixed. Possibly the press release is correct. The song could show up as a b side to revolver.

Edited by maddyfan171

That would not surprise, that is true. :) But, the CD tracklisting (if accurate) looks pretty darn good on the whole, and if the CD actually will have the LP LAP and video edit of EY (hopefully 7-inch), then who knows, maybe the DVD will be well-handled. (less-than-stellar planning for the single maybe means it's working on getting the releases RIGHT. ha)