A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Really? I wanted it to have your tracklisting. :(

And wait till it actually comes out so we can complain about them using the TIC mixes first. :demonic:

:demonic: I know.

I look at it this way... great cover/art concept, new songs, 2 DVD video collection. The CDs seem to have a fair representation of her hits, pity about Erotica's bookend soundtrack ballads, but if the "Erotica" hits themselves are shut out I might throw a hissy.

Words have yet to be invented for my feelings if they use The Immaculate Collection Q-Sound mixes.

Okay, so between the press release, the lyric sheet on madonna.com and the official teaser ads, we have:

Everybody, Holiday, Lucky Star, Like A Virgin, Material Girl, Into The Groove, Live To Tell, Papa Don’t Preach, Open Your Heart, Who’s That Girl, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish, Vogue, Justify My Love, Secret, Take A Bow, You Must Love Me, Frozen, Ray Of Light, Beautiful Stranger, Music, Don’t Tell Me, Die Another Day, Hung Up, 4 Minutes, Miles Away, Celebration, Revolver

my only complaint, MILES AWAY... so there's still 7 more huh?

my guess 7: Borderline, Crazy For You, La Isla Bonita, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Hollywood and Sorry

my wishlist 7: Borderline, Crazy For You, La Isla Bonita, Causing A Commotion, Erotica, I'll Remember, You'll See

I am now content that someday True Blue, This Used To Be My Playground and American Pie will have a respected place in a future MADONNA #1 CD that looks so far like this:

1. Like A Virgin

2. Crazy For You

3. Into The Groove

4. Live To Tell

5. Papa Don't Preach

6. True Blue

7. Open Your Heart

8. La Isla Bonita

9. Who's That Girl

10. Like A Prayer

11. Vogue

12. Justify My Love

13. This Used To Be My Playground

14. Take A Bow

15. Frozen

16. American Pie

17. Music

18. Hung Up

19. Sorry

20. 4 Minutes

Guest Danny86

There will be a lot of drama about Erotica. There's room for only 1 song and since "JML" is there, I can't see them using the title track. Unless it's the CT mix. I think "Deeper And Deeper" should be remixed too, but if it's "Rain", hopefully it's the album version and not the horrible radio remix!

my only complaint, MILES AWAY...

And potentially an Evita ballad instead of one of her own in the shape of TUTBMP or I'll Remember

It does seem quite 80s skewed with Who's That Girl and Everybody on there and probably Dress You Up

I am now content that someday True Blue, This Used To Be My Playground and American Pie will have a respected place in a future MADONNA #1 CD that looks so far like this:

That's too long for one disc

That's too long for one disc

80 minutes is max... 20 songs with 4 minutes average can fit and we all know many of her early songs are short (below 4 minutes) if edits are used...

And surely HolidayGuy will remind all of us that none of the ROL singles received notable airplay in the USA.

Well, "Frozen" received major airplay (Top 10 status) in the USA, but I see your overall point.

Guest Danny86

^I meant recurrent airplay, sorry for not being exact.

Although if I'm not wrong, "Ray Of Light" and "The Power Of Good-Bye" got initial US airplay similar to "Hung Up"?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Immaculate Collection Advert features "Who's that Girl" video, but it was not on CD or Video.

:)

in this add, except for vogue, all the songs are from her 1984-5 era!

There will be a lot of drama about Erotica. There's room for only 1 song and since "JML" is there, I can't see them using the title track. Unless it's the CT mix. I think "Deeper And Deeper" should be remixed too, but if it's "Rain", hopefully it's the album version and not the horrible radio remix!

I love the radio edit! I think it should be at least in one album!

I love the radio edit! I think it should be at least in one album!

I love the "Rain (Radio Remix Edit)" too! Hopefully this compilation will be similar to Immaculate Collection in that it will use subtle hints from the remixes.

Guest Danny86
Okay, so between the press release, the lyric sheet on madonna.com and the official teaser ads, we have:

The lyric sheet contains "Like A Virgin", "Express Yourself" (this was in the press release already) and "La Isla Bonita", so that's one more.

I love the "Rain (Radio Remix Edit)" too! Hopefully this compilation will be similar to Immaculate Collection in that it will use subtle hints from the remixes.

Another Rain (Radio Remix Edit) lover :thumbsup:

This version was heard on the radio and should be included on Celebration.

Not the album version. Hopefully we'll have edits and remix edits on this

compilation and not boring album versions.

Guest Danny86
Another Rain (Radio Remix Edit) lover :thumbsup:

This version was heard on the radio and should be included on Celebration.

Not the album version. Hopefully we'll have edits and remix edits on this

compilation and not boring album versions.

Was it really the remix edit that propelled it to #11 on Airplay? The album version was a lot less played?

But the original version was the soundtrack of the video and that got a lot of play and supposedly that made it into a hit song, no?

I fucking HATE the radio remix.

It's awful. I'm sorry, but i just dread watching the Girlie Show in full on DVD, cause i cant watch Rain, they had to use that awful remix.

Was it really the remix edit that propelled it to #11 on Airplay? The album version was a lot less played?

But the original version was the soundtrack of the video and that got a lot of play and supposedly that made it into a hit song, no?

Hi!

I remember hearing Rain (Radio Remix Edit) on the radio back in the day.

I also remember seeing the video with the edited album version (?) alot on MTV back when they played videos.

Guest Danny86
I fucking HATE the radio remix.

It's awful. I'm sorry, but i just dread watching the Girlie Show in full on DVD, cause i cant watch Rain, they had to use that awful remix.

:lmao: I know, incredible how all the other Erotica songs are improved with the remixes on that show but "Rain" sounds crap.

Hi!

I remember hearing Rain (Radio Remix Edit) on the radio back in the day.

I also remember seeing the video with the edited album version (?) alot on MTV back when they played videos.

Yes, the video has an edit of the album version, the intro and the outro is shortened, but otherwise it's the same as the Erotica CD version. The radio remix is has a different instrumentation, half of the spoken part is cut, and in the remix edit, the whole spoken part is cut (if I remember well), so I can see if that got more airplay, but the remix sounds very dated now, plus I doubt people actually remember it.

If there any remixes on this I'll cut a bitch.

really?

Id be satisfied with the 7" mixes of LAP or Express Yourself

Even the single mixes would be nice (like Vogue for instance)

However, i would love to have the original version of Into The Groove

really?

Id be satisfied with the 7" mixes of LAP or Express Yourself

Even the single mixes would be nice (like Vogue for instance)

However, i would love to have the original version of Into The Groove

yes pleaase!!!!! the single´s mixes!!!! not the album version or a ew mix, I want the singles´ones!

Guest Danny86

Well it seems "Erotica" might be there after all...

07.jpg

On the left you can see words like "give it up", "kind of" and "my body", can't think of any other song that could fit...