A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music (Part 2)

Mightycomfort

Update: Now at 31 of the 36 songs.

Everybody

Holiday

Lucky Star

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Into The Groove

Live To Tell

Papa Don’t Preach

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Who’s That Girl

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Cherish

Vogue

Justify My Love

Erotica

Secret

Take A Bow

You Must Love Me

Frozen

Ray Of Light

Beautiful Stranger

Music

Don’t Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hung Up

4 Minutes

Miles Away

Celebration

Revolver

In that case, "Borderline," "Crazy For You," "Dress You Up," "True Blue" and "Deeper And Deeper" are the other 6 I would consider "essential", though "Sorry" would always be welcomed.

Another Rain (Radio Remix Edit) lover :thumbsup:

This version was heard on the radio and should be included on Celebration.

Not the album version. Hopefully we'll have edits and remix edits on this

compilation and not boring album versions.

I agree... EDITS GALORE...

Guest Danny86

Mattress, "La Isla Bonita" is also on the background, at the very bottom of the column with her left (for us) eye.

There's no chance for "Deeper And Deeper" and I doubt "True Blue" would be there. I can't see "Give It 2 Me" being left out but "Miles Away" being there.

What's problematic (and I may have mentioned it here already) is that it's being touted as 34 songs that "changed the world." Granted, she by far has more iconic hits than any other act of the past 25 years, but not every one would fit that mold, especially from 1992-on.

Precisely. It's really annoying when they're saying that about a forgettable flop like You Must Love Me.

But it's in her Top 5 most played recurrent tracks (with Into The Groove, Crazy For You, Holiday and Like A Prayer) - it'd be MADNESS to leave it off. Especially for shit like Miles Away, which the general public won't know nor care for.

Guest Danny86

It would be really weird if "Borderline" does not make it. TB has 4 singles there as well...

loomer, "You Must Love Me" is a GOLD single in the US! :americanlife:

Guest SuperPop
Mattress, "La Isla Bonita" is also on the background, at the very bottom of the column with her left (for us) eye.

There's no chance for "Deeper And Deeper" and I doubt "True Blue" would be there. I can't see "Give It 2 Me" being left out but "Miles Away" being there.

it would be truly ridiculous if they include 3 HC tracks :manson: whereas they will only include 2 ROL tracks and only 1 COADF track

both GI2M and Miles Away (although I adore the latter one..) shouldn't be in a greatest hits collection (they cant even be considered as hits for Madonna standards..)...'Power Of Goodbye', 'Sorry' and 'True Blue' should be there (which are really big hits..)

loomer, "You Must Love Me" is a GOLD single in the US! :americanlife:

It's still shit though. :demonic: It's not gonna be what she's remembered for, most people wouldn't be able to hum it - and it's not part of her music, it's Evita - even if it was a new song written for her.

Was DCFMA also gold?

But it's in her Top 5 most played recurrent tracks (with Into The Groove, Crazy For You, Holiday and Like A Prayer) - it'd be MADNESS to leave it off. Especially for shit like Miles Away, which the general public won't know nor care for.

WBR has always been 'mad'

Guest Danny86
It's still shit though. :demonic: It's not gonna be what she's remembered for, most people wouldn't be able to hum it - and it's not part of her music, it's Evita - even if it was a new song written for her.

Was DCFMA also gold?

Oh I know, it's totally unknown and it barely got airplay anyway. If it wasn't for being the only new song in the film version written especially for her, nobody would even mention it today. But the tour version really got a fantastic response and I got a newfound appreciation for it, since then I'm defending the track. :p

DCFMA sold like 250,000 less than YMLM, so not Gold, but that was due to Warner delaying the release (released 2-3 months after Europe) and not putting a regular 2-track single out there.

Guest SuperPop
^ Power of Good-bye, love the song and video, is made only for a GHV2... but it definitely has no room in a 2-disc all encompassing GH from her MADGESTY

POG was a very big hit over Europe (and quite big in US)..in some countries like Germany it was a bigger hit than ROL...and dont forget it was also the fourth single of the album (outside US)...

for the 1-disc I agree that it shouldn't be included..but for the 2-disc it would be a nice addition (much better than the likes of Miles Away or You Must Love Me)

Am I the only one who thinks that GH is meant for non-fan? In other words, the songs included is based on what non-fan would like to hear.

Yes

they (WB and M) are not that stupid to put a cd just for die hard fans - this is for the man and woman in the street. Give them the Madonna songs they know and love and it'll be massive. True fans will buy it because it is a Madonna release - the general public will buy it because it's full of the songs they know.

I think we might be surprised as to how well this is all managed and how successful it will be.

Yes

they (WB and M) are not that stupid to put a cd just for die hard fans - this is for the man and woman in the street. Give them the Madonna songs they know and love and it'll be massive. True fans will buy it because it is a Madonna release - the general public will buy it because it's full of the songs they know.

I think we might be surprised as to how well this is all managed and how successful it will be.

I dun understand why some members here are upset because some of their non-hits favourite (E.g. OF / OMC / Hollywood / TPOG / WIFLFAG / GT etc) didn't make it to the cut. :confused:

Guest Danny86

TPOG is definitely not a non-hit though. In fact outside US and UK not only it was bigger than ROL but several of the already confirmed songs. Definitely "Erotica" for example, but I think "Die Another Day" as well.

Am I the only one who thinks that GH is meant for non-fan? In other words, the songs included is based on what non-fan would like to hear.

Yup. That Guy Oseary twitter fans suggestions thing was a terrible idea.

I dun understand why some members here are upset because some of their non-hits favourite (E.g. OF / OMC / Hollywood / TPOG / WIFLFAG / GT etc) didn't make it to the cut. :confused:

I know what you mean. The only thing that really bothers me is that she might not include Playground, IR, YS, or Rain, and that sort of seems like ignoring a certain style of song (that was very successful for her) in favor of mostly uptempo hits.

But really, whatever is on, the CD will be amazing.

Dun you guys already owned the CD/Single?

And when was the last time you play a physical CD instead of mp3 on iPod?

Since you've already had it on your iPod, does it really matter if it's not on the GH?

Dun you guys already owned the CD/Single?

And when was the last time you play a physical CD instead of mp3 on iPod?

Since you've already had it on your iPod, does it really matter if it's not on the GH?

LOL, I play physical CDs every day. Hardly ever listen to my Ipod, unless I'm walking/running.

But I agree for the most part. It doesn't matter what's on the collection, it will kick ass and be full of hits.

So odd if they do not include "Borderline", most recognizable song than Everybody.

YML and Miles Away are a waste of space.

I really don't think Miles Away is going to be on this thing. It's one of my favorites, but I doubt it will be here. The lyrics might just be on the cover because she likes them.