A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Once again you are simply taking an assumption made by the way things were worded and are implying something, whereas I am merely stating the actual quotes. I couldn't care less what she thinks of the song.

Frankly, nine years after the fact, it was a big old fat mistake.

Aren't you assuming that she doesn't like it, though? She has never stated that she has, so the only conclusion that can be reached from those quotes (without any assumption or inference) is that she didn't put it on GHV2 because it was tacked on to Music in many countries, which she regretted.

Guest Danny86

mtzlplk said the TRUTH! :shock:

This is from the Madonna.nl webmaster, posting on Fanzine:

Just received the single-release information for Holland from Warner Music Netherlands:

- In the Netherlands the single will also be released to radio on August 3rd.

- 1 day later, August 4, it is available for download!

They also said there will be a large marketing campaign for the Celebration album

:wow:

It's a shallow victory to have AP be one of her biggest hits because it ain't even her own damn song. And it's not like she remade a minor hit, she remade a fucking TIMELESS hit that EVERYONE adores. Automatically: her version = irrelevant.

Take that space and give it to a track that DESERVES it.

Actually, I didn't think much at all of the song until Madonna's version. I don't know whether it was her voice or her edited version of the lyrics that did it for me, but still to this day, the original version does nothing for me. The fact that Madonna could have such a huge hit with a song that was already massive says a lot about the appeal that her version actually had. Her version sold more worldwide than Don McLean's did, so she made him a very happy (and even richer) man!

Just received the single-release information for Holland from Warner Music Netherlands:

They also said there will be a large marketing campaign for the Celebration album

Please, repress it in the US :(

I love the track list .. i love that she SHOVING the American Life singels on people LOL ...NKM needs the exposure more than say SORRY ..

um, the tracklist hasn't been released yet dude

its so stupid

warner sux

Anyone knows the fonts they are using for the artwork? They look quite standard to me?

The 'MADONNA' font is very standard, the names escapes me. Something else would've been better.

The 'Celebration' font is Century Gothic Italic. Love it.

GUYS can we please stop it!!!

This album is going to be THE Madonna ALBUM for at least 10 years ok?

Every track list that doesn't contain Gmbler or ONE MORE CHANCE is a fake one!!!!!

(btw i really love OMC i know that i'm possbly the only one on this forum but i'll be happy to see it on it) Maybe on a three CD limited Hard Core fan edition????/

3 CD Limited Hard Core Fan edition:

1. Angel

2. Over And Over

3. Gambler

4. Causing A Commotion

5. The Look Of Love

6. Spotlight

7. Oh Father (a mastrpiece)

8. Dear Jessie (so sweet)

9. Keep It Together

10. Hanky Panky

11. Rescue Me

12. Bad Girl (i saw wish that will be included)

13. Fever

14. Bye Bye Baby

15. One More Chance (in love)

16. Love Don't Live Here Anymore

17. Another Suitcase in Another Hall

18. Nothing Really Matters (great)

19. Impressive Instant (super)

20. Nothing Fails (a gem)

21. Love Profusion (so cool)

22. Get Together

23. Hey You

24. THE POWER OF GOODBYE (demo)

:scared:

Guest Danny86
Has everyone forgotten that '4 Minutes' was also released to itunes asap after its radio premiere? Either later that day or the next day? And it didn't do that any harm.

In the UK (and I think in most countries) it was like the same day, in the USA it was a week later. The people who are complaining are those who are afraid of Madonna scoring a relative flop in the USA after they constantly made fun of Mariah.

The 'MADONNA' font is very standard, the names escapes me. Something else would've been better.

The 'Celebration' font is Century Gothic Italic. Love it.

I think it's Futura

Ok, we might act like lambs but we all want a good peak position in the US.

Did you forget the DRAMA in here about 4 Minutes on the UK charts? They released it just one day after the radio release and it stayed at no6-7 for 2-3 weeks. Everyone was dramatic! It's not gonna hit no1! Flop! But it's the UK. We knew that after a few weeks it would go to no1. I mean, Warner can do that everywhere but they should repress it for 2 weeks in Canada and the US.

Guest Pud Whacker
Love that one, I hope it's official. Much better than the album cover.

its great promo but the cover is BEYOND...its perfect.

its so stupid

warner sux

it is stupid if all WBR aims is for a high chart position, but WBR is not about that, they are all about $$$...

they'd rather have fans to resort to buying it legally instead of being tempted to download illegally...

Guest Pud Whacker

what is everyone going on about now? warners? what? nothings even out yet. relax freakazoids...im going to wind you up!!!

ah, 1983 - fabulous. :thumbsup:

Apparently this is the tracklisting for the remix promo:

1. Oakenfold 12" Mix

2. Chris Lake Vocal Mix

3. Benny Benassi Club Mix

4. Johnny Vicious Remix

5. Felguk Vocal Mix

6. Oakenfold Dub