New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I've never been into Holiday, so this new single being modeled off it doesn't really excite me all that much. But i hope it's a good track.

Guest christian

her new single "Celebrate" might over shadowed by LADY GAGA's new hit PAPARAZI - i hate to say this!! but i love that fucking song, sooooooo addictive.... so better be good as Paparazi single!!

Guest Pud Whacker
Awww so much negativity in this thread, Personally Im definitely buying Celebration. Wouldn't wanna wait till the bitch is dead before I buy her albums....lol

3687614971_2825f3bef8_o.jpg

:thumbsup:

Guest nothingfails0603
Because the rest of her songs were unaffected. Don't you think Into The Groove would have been removed from those mix stations? What about Music? They were still played just as much.

It's just a case of her fans being unable to admit that American Life was a failure of a first single and that the rest of hte album had little chance of salvaging her at that point. It was just her time to tank. It happens to EVERY ARTIST.

well, nobody cares about recurrent airplay because those songs were hits to begin with. Now Madonna's become another Prince or John Mellencamp, where the old songs still get played ad nauseum, but there's no place on radio for new material. Even tho if you still love their music in 1985, why not give the new music a shot too?

Also its still confirmed at this point that the unreleased song "Cool" is still gonna be released as a B-side to one of the songs, (Celebrate, revolver)! :thumbsup:

Did I miss some thing? "Cool"?? This is the first I've heard a song by this name? And I've been keeping up to date on everything? Where did this song come from all of a sudden??

Did I miss some thing? "Cool"?? This is the first I've heard a song by this name? And I've been keeping up to date on everything? Where did this song come from all of a sudden??

Not all of sudden been talked about before, absoultemadonna has it up on their news section as we speak.

Also its still confirmed at this point that the unreleased song "Cool" is still gonna be released as a B-side to one of the songs, (Celebrate, revolver)! :thumbsup:

they better make B-sides in iTunes as "album-only" downloads...

when was this confirmed????

its from a different one: http://www.absolumentmadonna.fr/en/

The track Cool won’t appear on the greatest hits album, but might be used as a B-side.

Again, when has absolumentmadonna become an official source???

Never said it was an offical source, just reporting what they reported, calm down and dont get your panties in a bunch!

Enjoy the ride!

my panties are always in a bunch (you probably already know this by know) but you stated that it was confirmed.....

I WANT NEW MADONNA! come to me my darling!!!

revolver, celebrate, cool, broken, oakenfold, wayne, celebration, iconography, video, no video, montage.. who gives a crap?? just give me the queen!

it will be a huge hit in MY eyes no matter what :)

revolver, celebrate, cool, broken, oakenfold, wayne, celebration, iconography, video, no video, montage.. who gives a crap?? just give me the queen!

attaspirit...

Absolutely same sentiments here.....

1.jpg

Guest imalq

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

While at 50, M's radio appeal has lessened quite abit, Iwouldn't say she's another Prince of John Mellencamp in terms of being able to land another OK-sized hit. When was the last time wither of those two charted on Hot 100 Airplay, and as high as No. 42 on their own? And, would either seee a single sell as much as "Hung Up"? Likely not. And, it's not a given that if they did a track with Justin Timberlake (or some other hot act of the momnt), that it would do as well as "4 Minutes."

The most likely explanation of M's hitmaking abilities is this: There will continue to be decent interest in any *brand-new* track for a little bit yet- even from an airplay standpoint. Maybe not "4 Minutes"-level play, but more than any other "nostaliga" act. It's with the second, third, and so-on singles where she's not going to have much of any luck (barring a big comeback in terms of airplay and commercial appeal for new material, which, again, is pretty difficult for a 50-plus act).

Absolutely same sentiments here.....

1.jpg

You don't need to manually insert that image in every post you make. Go into your control panel to have it automatically inserted as a sig.

Is it official announced that this french radio station will play the song next Wednesday ?

It seems strange to me that they will play Celebrate two weeks before the official radio date !!!?

Madonna: Get ready to 'Celebrate' with new single

From Examiner.com

Madonna fans who turned against her once Madonna sold her sould by collaborating with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland may not want to turn in their fan cards just yet. The Queen of Pop is all set to release a new single within the next two weeks that is said to be the best things she's done in years according to those who have heard it.

The new single "Celebrate" is a different song than Madonna's 1983 hit "Holiday," but brings the same joy and fun of her very early hits our source has told us. It is produced with Paul Oakenfold, a man who has remixed many of Madonna's songs.

Meanwhile, there is also another Madonna songmaking the rounds called "It Hurts." It could very well be written about Guy Richie. Some of the reported lyrics include:

It hurts when you tell me lies

It hurts when you say goodbye

But I’ll never let you bring me down

You won’t get away with acting like a clown

It hurts when you laugh at my ways

It hurts when you sneak around and play

But you’ll be the one that pays the price

I’ll be the one who rolls the dice

This is said to be a power ballad and might have been recorded just before her divorce with Guy Richie. Though this column has recently criticized Madonna, we know she always does her best when something major in her personal life happens. She recorded the brialliant Like a Prayer right after her divorce with Sean Penn and the even more brilliant Ray of Light after the birth of her first daugher, Lourdes.

Three new songs will be included on Madonna's greatest hits album, which has been renamed from Iconography to Celebration. It is on target to be released in late September.

Guest nothingfails0603
The most likely explanation of M's hitmaking abilities is this: There will continue to be decent interest in any *brand-new* track for a little bit yet- even from an airplay standpoint. Maybe not "4 Minutes"-level play, but more than any other "nostaliga" act. It's with the second, third, and so-on singles where she's not going to have much of any luck (barring a big comeback in terms of airplay and commercial appeal for new material, which, again, is pretty difficult for a 50-plus act).

Yea, but except for "American Life", what was so different between late 2002 and late 2005? In late 2002, Die Another Day debuted higher on airplay than Hung Up peaked at, even though HU was infinitely more commercial and mainstream sounding. I don't understand why radio can't "forgive" AL, they forgave Glitter with Mariah, which was an even bigger flop than AL, and didn't have a successful tour to salvage things. I know Madonna's over 40, but she was over 40 with Music, Don't Tell Me and Die Another Day and that didn't stop radio from playing those songs.