It's "Erotica" Month

IsaacHarris

God, this album is so brilliant. Madonna put her all into this project artistically. It upsets me that it got much backlash upon it's initial release. The album truly was not as sexual as the first single, Madonna was just making a statement. Every song on this album is amazing and I could never skip a single track. My absolute favorites are Fever, Deeper and Deeper, Waiting, Thief of Hearts, and Rain. I love everything about this era(minus the absence of eyebrows in DAD music video and Body of Evidence). A true artistic album and surely her best.

And I don't have to change my avatar/siggy as I have been set for this month since I joined! :altaf:

Edited by Lymon

ha ha its erotica month every month for me

same with me

ive been listening to erotica all last week

its in my top 3, which is constantly changing

it's definatly one of her greatest efforts, and her longest

i love every track, even Thief of Hearts

And Words, what a fantastic pop song. "I'm in love with your words, your words." Best part is the ending.

Sometimes i think why that track was not released as a single.

And ofcourse, the widely loved Andre Betts tracks. Even the underrated Where Life Begins is smooth, creamy, catchy, jazzy, and sexy. Certinatly not her greatest of all time, but one of her most uniquely different, with one hell of a cool instrumentation.

Erotica and Sex go together. Some of the stories in Sex can be heard throughout Erotica (Erotica, Rain, Waiting, Where Life Begins)

ive got more to say, but i wanna try to go to bed early for once (going to bed at 3-4 am has to stop, it's almost 1am here)

Guest Pud Whacker
hahahahah....i love it PUD !!!!! :inlove:

i love the subliminal "pud whacker" in ur sig.gif :lmao:

:rotfl:

well, i figured she was WHACKING some ass, so...

:ass:

Quick & Fun Facts:

* I chose my name based on the album cover.

* I consider Erotica one of the top three albums of the decade.

* The Erotica Diaries gives me a greater appreciation for the album, and, who Madonna is, as an involved recording artist.

If I had to save one album, I think this would be the one.

I love everything about the era - the music, the videos, the remixes and the looks - everything was perfect. And the album tracks are fantastic too - Waiting, Why's It So Hard, Where Life Begins, Secret Garden.... such a strong album and finally being recognised as a classic. The opening of Erotica just sets the fantastic dark, seedy tone.

To me, ROL just drowns in WO's production for the last half.

Maybe you could take Mariah out? That would improve it a lot :D

Lamb for life, buster. :altaf:

My favorite version of the title song is the Confessions Tour version, with the disco beats and the You Thrill Me lyrics. Amazing performance.

Edited by Lymon

:bow: andre betts..of all her collaborators, he is the one that i'd like to hear her make new music with. can you imagine how good a madonna/joe henry/andre betts album could be?

normal_erotica2.jpg

I'd Like to Put you in a Trance

Sorry for my ignorance, but is that a "coke nail"? Or is it just supposed to look scary? I've never understood the relevance of the long, black nail.

This album is fucking brilliant and by far it's one of Madonna's best albums, if not the best!!!

It's such a shame that people don't appreciate it as much as it would deserve. I think people at that time weren't enough open-minded and a book+an album, both dealing with sexuality, was too much for them. I suppose that many criticized 'SEX' and 'Erotica' even before buying them. Oh well, people DO tend to judge things by appearance, that's true. Fortunately, I noticed that nowadays some of these critics changed their minds and now see 'Erotica' from a different point of view, which is a good thing.

I'm gonna sound like a freak now and this is gonna sound extremely lame but to me, for some strange reason, 'Erotica' is the album that I listen in the summer and only when it's raining. :lol: Except for the first 4 tracks, the rest of the album seems the perfect soundtrack to a cloudy, rainy summer day - u know, with lightnings, thunders and all that shit. Rain is one of the best things ever IMO and watching it makes me feel good - and so does listening to 'Erotica'. Can't explain why... :crazy: (probably because there's a song called 'Rain' :lol: )

LOVE this album 4EVER and EVER !!!!