Madonna has BALLS appreciation thread

Guest seancannon

First off, be smart and don't get angry. Don't get overheated with someone who is entitled to their own opinion. Don't be threatened by those links and my ideas. "The bible is NOT a compendium of corroborative factoids like it's some fucking encyclopedia. You think all Christians believe that Noah lived 900 years?" Eh, well what is interesting is that most of you do believe this B.S. and what should be an ALARM call to you Jesus Freaks is that your religion is fragmented into so many different sects it's disgusting- and NONE of your disenfranchised organizations understand the basic ethos Jesus taught, hence why there are so many varieties (I think there are 120 different Jesus blah blah religions in the world). Do you know how much the Bible speaks about hating certain ethnic groups, certain sexual orientations, AND communities? This religion is a cancer that spread through out the entire world and it even threatened to burn a man at the stake for pointing out that the Earth was not at the center of the universe. Christianity and Christ are 5 light years apart in meaning and it's people like you that perpectuate it and give people like me a substantial reason to call you nutcases for not doing your homework. Instead, you chastize those that have taking RELIGION courses, read books and asked questions. Your religion (which ever one it is in the name of Christ) is a sham. Deal with it. At least the Mormons don't hide the fact their crazy, they just label it "a new testament". If only they knew that Joseph had the same mental processing as Hitler and Charlie Manson.

Oh, I'm not overheated yet LOL.. and don't overrate your links for they are chaff. I was not even threatened by Brown's books and they were far more sensational. Hey, get things in context, and "be smart" might better apply to you. It's really disingenuous for you to say you hate nothing yet you resort to offensive namecalling (JesusFreaks-- hey, I thought you said that Krishna's avatar is Jesus, eh, KrishnaFr-- well, nevermind.. LOL). And as ususal, you misapprehend things. In faith, many paths lead you to God, and so it amuses me to think WHY it is alarming to you that Christianity has many subgroups. I supposed having a monolithic one is good, right? And perhaps you don't have an iota of an idea that many groups are formed for they focus on certain issues or answers not found in others that adherents found attractive. Some Christians might find that bad (and oddly some NON Christians do, too), but really, the point is Christians follow Christ to be with God, and that's the bottom line. Even in faith, there is democracy and FREE WILL, if that concept is alien to you.. As for the bible promoting racism and prejudice, again, discernment is key in trying to understand what it says. I saw on TV a LESBIAN pastor ministering to gays in San Francisco saying that, really, there is NOTHING in the bible that promotes HATE of any people. In the show, the pastor was trying to convince a Texan homophobic redneck that his beliefs that Christianity abhors gays is not in any way supported by the bible. And haven't you heard of the parable of the Good Samaritan? In it the Samaritan is def a pagan, someone different and of an "offensive" group, but the bible points out that, actually, he is BETTER and more Christlike than those who profess to follow Christ (or God). In essence, the bible posits that everyone is a child of God.

And what supports YOUR contention that I'm a nutcase, save for the fact that I am Christian and defend it from the cluelessly erroneous blathering of some? What about you, are you not being a nut case in your irrational/unthinking/sweeping disdain of Christianity? Nuts go both ways. The REAL cancer is people's intolerance of others and their beliefs, and the real cancer is mistaking the trees for the forest and spew hate and untruth (like what you seem to do) in whatever manner. You don't really understand Christianity and what it entails, the same way as some people who profess Christianity yet only know hate. I grant you your belief. If you don't believe in Christianity or the bible then that's your personal call. What gets me is the supposition that it's OK for you to discriminate and disparage those who do just because YOU THINK rather grandly that you have your history and readings right. Well you don't. And WHEREVER in the universe did you get the idea that I chastised you for studying religion or have some ideas? I chastised you for half-baked philosophizing that distorts and engage in namecalling and hate that have NOTHING to do with exploring truth in the proper forum and context. I chastised you for making bogus threads.

I have my own misgivings about the practices of Hindus and Buddhists or Islam but I don't go about telling them they are wrong or that they do evil things because their religion is inherently evil or allows evil to happen. That is RESPECT. That is one word you should study more. Seriously.

--

^ Well peter is def more sanguine than I am :chuckle::thumbsup:

Guest seancannon
Oh, I'm not overheated yet LOL.. and don't overrate your links for they are chaff. I was not even threatened by Brown's books and they were far more sensational. Hey, get things in context, and "be smart" might better apply to you. It's really disingenuous for you to say you hate nothing yet you resort to offensive namecalling (JesusFreaks-- hey, I thought you said that Krishna's avatar is Jesus, eh, KrishnaFr-- well, nevermind.. LOL). And as ususal, you misapprehend things. In faith, many paths lead you to God, and so it amuses me to think WHY it is alarming to you that Christianity has many subgroups. I supposed having a monolithic one is good, right? And perhaps you don't have an iota of an idea that many groups are formed for they focus on certain issues or answers not found in others that adherents found attractive. Some Christians might find that bad (and oddly some NON Christians do, too), but really, the point is Christians follow Christ to be with God, and that's the bottom line. Even in faith, there is democracy and FREE WILL, if that concept is alien to you.. As for the bible promoting racism and prejudice, again, discernment is key in trying to understand what it says. I saw on TV a LESBIAN pastor ministering to gays in San Francisco saying that, really, there is NOTHING in the bible that promotes HATE of any people. In the show, the pastor was trying to convince a Texan homophobic redneck that his beliefs that Christianity abhors gays is not in any way supported by the bible. And haven't you heard of the parable of the Good Samaritan? In it the Samaritan is def a pagan, someone different and of an "offensive" group, but the bible points out that, actually, he is BETTER and more Christlike than those who profess to follow Christ (or God). In essence, the bible posits that everyone is a child of God.

And what supports YOUR contention that I'm a nutcase, save for the fact that I am Christian and defend it from the cluelessly erroneous blathering of some? What about you, are you not being a nut case in your irrational/unthinking/sweeping disdain of Christianity? Nuts go both ways. The REAL cancer is people's intolerance of others and their beliefs, and the real cancer is mistaking the trees for the forest and spew hate and untruth (like what you seem to do) in whatever manner. You don't really understand Christianity and what it entails, the same way as some people who profess Christianity yet only know hate. I grant you your belief. If you don't believe in Christianity or the bible then that's your personal call. What gets me is the supposition that it's OK for you to discriminate and disparage those who do just because YOU THINK rather grandly that you have your history and readings right. Well you don't. And WHEREVER in the universe did you get the idea that I chastised you for studying religion or have some ideas? I chastised you for half-baked philosophizing that distorts and engage in namecalling and hate that have NOTHING to do with exploring truth in the proper forum and context. I chastised you for making bogus threads.

I have my own misgivings about the practices of Hindus and Buddhists or Islam but I don't go about telling them they are wrong or that they do evil things because their religion is inherently evil or allows evil to happen. That is RESPECT. That is one word you should study more. Seriously.

--

^ Well peter is def more sanguine than I am :chuckle::thumbsup:

No offensive but what you wrote was pure fluff- written by a typical myopic Christian. What is interesting (at least) was this: "I have my own misgivings about the practices of Hindus and Buddhists or Islam but I don't go about telling them they are wrong or that they do evil things because their religion is inherently evil or allows evil to happen. That is RESPECT. That is one word you should study more. Seriously. "

First off, the ethos of Judism and Christology originates from the East (PROVE me wrong on this) and NEVER EVER EVER has there been a human epoch where Buddhists or Hare Krishnas have committed atrocities like Christianity has. Islam is in the SAME FAMILY TREE AS CHRISTIANITY, JUDISM...ya know, the God Abraham? You guys are all fighting over the same God. It's embarrasing. It's one big family fued. Do your homework. Krishna predates Christianity by 5,000 years. And you mean to tell me that the Bible (with ALL of it's terrible innacuracies and embarrasing contradictions) is correct? This conversation is feeble. You don't get it. You're religuous!

^ Your inability to comprehend, or understand the gist or points put across by my posts (as well as of those not mine) is BREATHTAKING. Surely, communicating with you is akin to debating with a toddler: it's pointless, and somehow I feel the fool for having tried... but for the last time, I'd give you the benefit of one last go..

First, what's embarrassing is for you to pass Abraham off as a God. (The father of Isaac and Hebrew patriarch, not MNation's Abraham lol) Typo? Maybe.. You read? Really?..

What's embarrassing is for you daring me to prove you wrong about some ethos originating in the east when, fact is, I COULDN'T CARE LESS. Too 4th grade, like Mariah.

What's embarrassing is for you to brand someone religious as if the word were a pejorative, failing to see that your aiming to be a Hare Krishna or whatever is itself an exercise in being religious.

Second, if you know and understand well enough what you read, you'd SURELY KNOW that I haven't implied that I have misgivings about Hinduism or Buddhism or the Hare Krishna's for they committed atrocities! Gawd. The things that come out of your mind. My misgivings about those, in fact, have NOTHING to do with what they do but the opposite-- with what they don't do. But I'd not elaborate as I highly respect these beliefs, and I believe Hindus and Buddhists content themselves with peace and are not prone to DISRESPECTING other faiths, though apparently POSEURS within their ranks do exist.

And what, pray tell, constitute "usual fluff" in my post so representative of Christian myopia? Perhaps there's a LOGIC to what you say? Or are you just mouthing off off-the-shelf nothings as per usual?

And in case, it's so hard for you to get what I keep on saying about the bible even in the simplest of terms as for any usual person to understand, I'd repeat that discernment is needed to understand what is communicates. The bible is correct, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, when I look at it as a holy book of Divine WISDOM, and not as some almanac that needed to be factoid-checked. And the point is: There is NOTHING you can do about it. The point is: as you need to be respected, so shall you respect others and their beliefs. The point is: you may disagree but not be an ass and RUDE about things some people deeply care about, like faith. The point is: you may read tons of prejudice-serving books, but doing so won't necessarily make you smart, or learned, or comprehending, or, least of all, one imbibed with wisdom.

Get a grip. Get educated. Seriously.

End of.

Guest seancannon
^ Your inability to comprehend, or understand the gist or points put across by my posts (as well as of those not mine) is BREATHTAKING. Surely, communicating with you is akin to debating with a toddler: it's pointless, and somehow I feel the fool for having tried... but for the last time, I'd give you the benefit of one last go..

First, what's embarrassing is for you to pass Abraham off as a God. (The father of Isaac and Hebrew patriarch, not MNation's Abraham lol) Typo? Maybe.. You read? Really?..

What's embarrassing is for you daring me to prove you wrong about some ethos originating in the east when, fact is, I COULDN'T CARE LESS. Too 4th grade, like Mariah.

What's embarrassing is for you to brand someone religious as if the word were a pejorative, failing to see that your aiming to be a Hare Krishna or whatever is itself an exercise in being religious.

Second, if you know and understand well enough what you read, you'd SURELY KNOW that I haven't implied that I have misgivings about Hinduism or Buddhism or the Hare Krishna's for they committed atrocities! Gawd. The things that come out of your mind. My misgivings about those, in fact, have NOTHING to do with what they do but the opposite-- with what they don't do. But I'd not elaborate as I highly respect these beliefs, and I believe Hindus and Buddhists content themselves with peace and are not prone to DISRESPECTING other faiths, though apparently POSEURS within their ranks do exist.

And what, pray tell, constitute "usual fluff" in my post so representative of Christian myopia? Perhaps there's a LOGIC to what you say? Or are you just mouthing off off-the-shelf nothings as per usual?

And in case, it's so hard for you to get what I keep on saying about the bible even in the simplest of terms as for any usual person to understand, I'd repeat that discernment is needed to understand what is communicates. The bible is correct, AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, when I look at it as a holy book of Divine WISDOM, and not as some almanac that needed to be factoid-checked. And the point is: There is NOTHING you can do about it. The point is: as you need to be respected, so shall you respect others and their beliefs. The point is: you may disagree but not be an ass and RUDE about things some people deeply care about, like faith. The point is: you may read tons of prejudice-serving books, but doing so won't necessarily make you smart, or learned, or comprehending, or, least of all, one imbibed with wisdom.

Get a grip. Get educated. Seriously.

End of.

I'm not going to waste my fingers my typing it all for you so I went to wikipedia and got the info for you (since you don't seem to be willing to read any books) pay very close attention to the index on the left hand side: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

The Bible is correct? Who are you to say it is? You don't sound any where close to being a scholar. You probably don't even know the real errenous story of what actually in Soddam and Gomorrah. It is has nothing to to with RESPECTING other people's beliefs, it's about pointing out the INSANITY of the Bible and how is corrupting and zombiefying nutcases like you that see as the true meaning of god. You didn't go through any of those links I provided and looked at your number one best selling Bible of your own to discredit it. The Book is an embarrassing compilation of works that are so out there that you just got to slowly back away from it. You've not even mentioned how I separate "Christ" from your "religion" (and the 100s of them in the name of Christianity. You're more concerned with being right and non of your stupid Christian religions are right- it's why the bicker and fight with one another. And....you see this as all being so reasonable? Clearly, you're not a thinker. You're just a puppet in sheeps clothing being herded by what ever pastor that has you hypnotized. Historicity is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned. It isn't the parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand and in your case the fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burned, tortured, fined, and imprisoned, yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half of the world fools and the other half hypocrites. Anyhow I'm tired of this back and forth with you. Read that book, delude yourself, and live blindly. HARE KRISHNA.

Guest seancannon

You don't even know my faith. I am not religious. Spiritual, but not religious. There is a difference between blind faith, ie., excepting what is written and believing it to be real and authentic and actually knowing fact from fiction. I have become intolerant of Christians as they are the most egomaniacs (my version is right and yours isn't rhetoric), self-serving, always wanting to be "right" versus "kind" and ill-informed people on the face of the planet. In case you haven't noticed, Christians are using that book to defend bigotry, war crimes, and persecution, and yes, discrimination. The old and new testaments are from a duality that stems from a rediculous notion of a God who in one instance is jealous and wants to fuck everyone over and then, lo and behold, in the new testament, he's had a change of mind. ABSURD. Fear is what controls Christians because they think heaven and hell exist.

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. And this is evident with the multitude of VARYING forms of Christianity that think either A) the world is 6k years old to Z) Thinking that the Second Coming of Christ is upon us. It's insanity at it's best. If we do not speak out against such psychopathic way of thinking, then the perpecutuation of this mental illness will pervade. The whole history of these books [the Gospels] is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills. People may have the right to believe what they want, but wouldn't you want to help those that are ill in their minds at thinking these Biblical rhetoric to be real? I think it's worse to let it go ignored. The bottom line why people chose this religion (and Jesus NEVER WANTED ONE PEOPLE) is because they fear death or they compensate their pains and struggles with a collection of fairy tales.

THINK>PROCESS>EVOLVE.

I have become intolerant of Christians as they are the most egomaniacs (my version is right and yours isn't rhetoric), self-serving, always wanting to be "right" versus "kind" and ill-informed people on the face of the planet.

Hello, kettle... it's pot calling...

Jesus advises people to remove the beam from their own eye before they go trying to remove the speck from another's eye. I'm not trying to judge you, but it sounds like maybe you should also examine yourself before you go casting stones at others.

Guest seancannon
Hello, kettle... it's pot calling...

Jesus advises people to remove the beam from their own eye before they go trying to remove the speck from another's eye. I'm not trying to judge you, but it sounds like maybe you should also examine yourself before you go casting stones at others.

So you're saying it's wrong to assert when a religon/religious group are wrong? You think it's permissible to accept this illogical way of "believing" ? If so, just tell the Jesus Freaks on my street corners to go yell and scream their rhetoric on their church parking lots- not out in public. And if they have the right to say that we're all going to hell, I have the right to say that they're all completely mad.

I'm not saying it's wrong -- you're the one who said it's wrong for the Christians to do that. So how can you turn around and engage in the same thoughts/behavior that you are condemning Christians for?

You are criticizing Christians for claiming to be right at the exclusivity of others. But you are also claiming that you are right and Christians are wrong.

So, the criticism you are leveling at them is something of which you are just as guilty. Now, you may have a point about some people who claim to be right while claiming that others are wrong. But when you disparage them for being this way, I find it odd that you are also being the same way.

There may be no other way for you to disagree (except, I would say that you could disagree a little more respectfully) -- but then I'd also say you have to forfeit your self-proclaimed moral and spiritual superiority. Because you're just as "egomaniacal" (your word choice, not mine) as you claim that they are in saying, "my version is right, their version isn't."

Guest seancannon
You think that all of those people were inherently bad? I don't think so...Not all of them believed in murder and punishment.

DUDE don't you get it? The Christian EHTHOS is hell and damnation. You cannot like SOME parts of the Bible and disregard others. It doesn't work that way. Collectively, the Bible is the rhetoric of an insane group of men or person. God loves you but he'll send you to hell for ETERNITY??????? This is rediculous. It's scare tactics. The book was written to control people and clearly many of you are controlled. Sure, I can take some of Jesus' ethos and run with it, but Krishna and Buddha said it 100s of years before Christ did. I am not condemning Christ, just the religion he never wanted. The Bible is full of hate and redicule and some nice loving poetry. It's so bi-polar it's disturbing.

Guest ursaminorjim
You think that all of those people were inherently bad? I don't think so...Not all of them believed in murder and punishment.

True, but then they weren't real Nazis then, were they? ;)

DUDE don't you get it? The Christian EHTHOS is hell and damnation. You cannot like SOME parts of the Bible and disregard others. It doesn't work that way.

Ummm...who says?

Guest seancannon
True, but then they weren't real Nazis then, were they? ;)

Ummm...who says?

So you can take some things you "like" and disregard other stuff you don't like?

That's like working at Starbucks, you make your own uniform, make your own hours

and give yourself pay raises. It just doesn't work that way. The Bible is similar.

How on earth can you, then, take Christianity seriously if you're walking away with some

things you like and others you do not? Why bother believing in it in the first place then?

Insanity.

Guest seancannon
LET ME SAY THIS SLOWLY FOR YOU.

THE BIBLE IS AN IN-TER-PRET-AT-ION. It doesn't have to be taken word for word.

It doesn't have to be taken word for word? It's open to interpretation?

So God plays semantic word playing games? Allows for certain groups to use the Bible to cause

violence and spread hate towards others because of how "something can be interpreted?"

OMG.

Thank God Madonna isn't "religious". :doh:

Guest ursaminorjim
So you can take some things you "like" and disregard other stuff you don't like?

That's like working at Starbucks, you make your own uniform, make your own hours

and give yourself pay raises. It just doesn't work that way. The Bible is similar.

How on earth can you, then, take Christianity seriously if you're walking away with some

things you like and others you do not? Why bother believing in it in the first place then?

Insanity.

Yes. Insanity.