PINK: I'm probably more of a singer than MADONNA'll ever be but she's a sexual force

TOUR2008

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, I could be completely wrong in my perception. But as someone who avoids MTV and doesn't hear all that much pop radio, she seems to zig-zag in and out of popularity here. I mean, if a single is really a smash hit I'll hear it, you know? It'll be omnipresent.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
You're forgetting the floptastic Try This. "God is a DJ," anyone?

Yes :lol: THAT'S the flop album i was referring to :vanitybonet:

Guest bluejean

Pink has a much stronger and impressive voice than Madonna. In all honesty, I don't think anyone other than Madonna fans would argue that Madonna is a better singer.

But Madonna's voice is beautiful, and I do prefer it on studio recordings over Pinks. I don't think there's alot of studio tweaking, but she definately sings better in the studio. This would be because she is more comfortable and doesn't have to project her voice as much to fill out an arena/stadium.

The Hard Candy album and the Sticky & Sweet tour are NOT good examples of Madonna's singing. IMO, some of the songs that were written for her on this project do not compliment her voice very well. 4 Minutes and Dance Tonight being good examples.

I don't think Pink should be saying that about Madonna though, even if it is true. She's giving a backhanded compliment.

maybe p!nk sings better than madonna , but Madonna has a better VOICE!

the voice of a goddess is the voice of a goddess , even if she shrieks!!

pink is just so vapid in every way ( I know, I know NOT to Australia lol). And Im saying that prior to this statement (which really wasn't that much of a diss -- it was also complimentary) Yeah, i'll take her 'real-ness' in a second over someone like Mimi or Britney, but musically, sorry, I just don't feel her sound or music. There are many, many female singers who most of the mainstream would say are better than Ms (Celine, X-Tina, Pink, Mimi, Whitney)...but is it gonna make me buy/download thier albums or make me give two shits LOL? Anyways, she can keep her 'technically' better voice, and I'll keep the voice that I personally find beautiful, entertaining and stimulating -- M!

Yep, even though I'm not a huge fan of her voice...Pink could wipe the floor with M vocally.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Pink has a much stronger and impressive voice than Madonna. In all honesty, I don't think anyone other than Madonna fans would argue that Madonna is a better singer.

Of course. It's so beyond ridiculous but it certainly provides some healthy laughs.

I also find it humorous that whenever there is a discussion like this comparing M to someone more vocally talented than her that people have to drag those who have little to no vocal ability (Janet, Britney, J-Lo) in to the conversation in order to make M look better. :lmao:

And then of course there's the obligatory posts that imply if you don't think M has the bestest most greatest fucking fantabulous voice than anybody else then you think she totally sucks. :wacko:

Nice to see that this board is consistent as always. :thumbsup:

Guest jamesshot
Of course. It's so beyond ridiculous but it certainly provides some healthy laughs.

I also find it humorous that whenever there is a discussion like this comparing M to someone more vocally talented than her that people have to drag those who have little to no vocal ability (Janet, Britney, J-Lo) in to the conversation in order to make M look better. :lmao:

And then of course there's the obligatory posts that imply if you don't think M has the bestest most greatest fucking fantabulous voice than anybody else then you think she totally sucks. :wacko:

Nice to see that this board is consistent as always. :thumbsup:

*holds sides* *Can't breathe* *must stop snickering*

Consistent as always. Damn *I* still have it.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

If its all about the best singers, then why consider that Pink is better than Madonna? Why not look to classically trained singers who have massive vocal ranges, tremendous depth in their voice, absolute perfect pitching etc etc? Because music is NOT all about having a massive vocal range and warbling your way through every song. Its about using sound to empathise with our Universe and make the Universe empathise with us.

Um, no one said music is all about vocal ability (although I'm not sure it's about the universe either :confused:) But TECHNICALLY YES Pink is a better vocalist than Madonna and YES opera singers are better singers than Pink.

Guest Pud Whacker

i have never cared about vocal ability when it comes to madonna. her voice speaks to me in a totally different way than other singers.

from the high pitched motown esque first album vocals to live to tell to the girlie show...as far as im concerned she leaves everyone in the dust.

Um no. Are you gonna get excited about A ha and claim it as your favourite music because the lead singer had a massive vocal range? Or start creaming yourself over Charlotte Church records? :lmao: Why cant people just be ok with people liking what they like?

It shakes the univeral vibrations inside my spinal cord! Or some other shit that you normally say init.

Guest Johnkm

Madonna is so much more than just a voice.

I have plenty of other singers with better voices, but I dont like them anywhere near as much, as they all lack something, she is the complete package. So P!nk may have a better voice, but she is lacking in other areas, where M doesnt.

Its considered in many cultures that music and songs already exist inside the atmosphere and singers/songwriters are just people adept at capturing them and channeling them to an audience.

Thats quite random :lol:

But thats NOT what we're talking about is it? OBVIOUSLY we all enjoy Madonna's voice more that's why we're here and not at PinkNation but Pink is a more skilled vocalist TECHNICALLY than Madonna. Jesus. And please don't throw Pythagoras' name around it doesnt make you look cooler or more sophisticated.

Guest harbors
But thats NOT what we're talking about is it? OBVIOUSLY we all enjoy Madonna's voice more that's why we're here and not at PinkNation but Pink is a more skilled vocalist TECHNICALLY than Madonna. Jesus. And please don't throw Pythagoras' name around it doesnt make you look cooler or more sophisticated.

Do you understand the words "skilled VOCALIST"? Singers like Whitney, Barbra, Aretha are considered skilled vocalists, NOT Pink or Madonna, ok!

PLEASE stop being generous and give away ur ignorance.

Guest harbors

You fucking bash Madonna every time u have a chance. get fucking lost, TROLL. Alex was banned n I hope ur next.

Pink may have a 'better' voice than Madonna's, but like many people here have said, M's voice is more versatile. And clearly, throughout the years, there has been a change, a transformation in Madonna's voice (see the differences between 'LAV' and 'Secret', for instance). As for Pink, her voice has always sounded the same, just like her musical style, and that makes her music sound boring IMO. On the other hand, Madonna has never been famous for her voice but rather for her shows, for her attitude, her ideas etc. and Pink will never top that.

Plus, I would never imagine Pink sing 'Vogue' or 'Like a Prayer' or 'Mer Girl', no matter how good her voice is. I just like Madonna's voice, as imperfect as it is.

Madonna should name her new, Lesothian child Pythagoras.

At last, Lesothians, lesbians and Pythagoras all in one thread. :headbang:

I think it'd be better if Madonna had an affair with a lesbian Lesothian called Pythagoras though

Sandra Barnhard the Middle Aged Remix version :wow:

Obviously Pink is bitter, i remember her being jealous when britney and madonna and christina did the VMA thing,

Personally i think PInk sounds like steven tyler.

You remember wrong. Pink was asked to do the performance before Cunty and Britney, but could not because she couldn't make it to rehearsals in time (she was overseas). And she was very complimentary of the whole thing, she said (direct quote) "I'd kiss Madonna right here, right now."

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
OF COURSE IT IS!!! The music of the spheres. Its life, its sound, its vibrations inside us!!!

EXCLAMATION POINT. :rotfl:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
Why because Im passionate about music and Ive read Pythagoras? Plenty of cultures consider music as something inside us...a passion...our nature. Its considered in many cultures that music and songs already exist inside the atmosphere and singers/songwriters are just people adept at capturing them and channeling them to an audience. I really feel that is real.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH :rotfl:

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
I may have that wrong but she did criticize Madonna somewhere for complimenting Britney.

I think her not being able to make its is BS anyway.

Why would she lie about something so stupid :lol:

And Pink herself complimented Britney, many times, they get along well when they've bumped into each other from what Pink has said. Why would Pink diss M because of that?

All in your head glittercandy :dramatic: