Darren Hayes Comments On Revolver

Guest CUBB

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

From his twitter page today:

can someone just get stuart price and madonna to kiss and make up please before this bloody lil wayne single turns my ears into blisters

Darren_Hayes(singer).jpg

He's believing the rumour that Lil' Wayne is involved with Madonna's version. Didn't Anna Henstridge say that he has nothing to do with her version???

Guest Danny86
For someone who claims to be such a Madonna fan, he's sure out of the loop.

Definitely. Don't know where he got that Stuart and Madonna are in bad terms. There's absolutely no evidence to that.

Guest AshLover1977

To me that implies that he thinks Madonna is best suited to working with Stuart at the moment rather than going in an urban direction.

And I agree with him there. And to those who don't know who he is stop being such pretentious queens.

Guest Danny86

But Stuart gave his blessing for her new direction, he just said that he's not the best one to collaborate on that. He did diss Pharrell's stuff though, but I doubt Madonna would be angry because of that. Neither do I think Stuart would be upset because Madonna took another direction, none of her producers ever had an issue with that. She had beefs with Stephen Bray and Shep Pettibone but not because they didn't like her working with new people.

As for musical director, Stuart could only do so much with the old songs, it was a coincidence that got that job at the first place and now that she made new songs with others, it would have been weird to keep Stuart only to try to reinvent her old hits again.

Who cares what this homo thinks. He's crap and hardly worthy of commenting on Madonna.

I know who Hayes is, I just think he's lame is all. Let him work with Stuart is he's so in love with him. Madonna's moved on. He needs to stop trying to vicariously live out what's left of his career through her.

Edited by hesser

If he had said Pat Leonard i think i would have agreed with his statement as would most people here. But I honestly think Stuart was good for one album only. His techniques of going through old disco hits and making them Madonna songs makes him a bit of a one trick pony. Not that I think Pharrel or Timbaland is better, but whatever.

She needs a real musician/songwriter to work with.

Guest Danny86
But I honestly think Stuart was good for one album only. His techniques of going through old disco hits and making them Madonna songs makes him a bit of a one trick pony.

That is very accurate. COADF is a fantastic record but I never got why Stuart was always treated as her most brilliant producer ever or the savior of Madonna.

Originally Madonna wanted to do most of Confessions with Mirwais, so I doubt that either of them ever thought they'd do another album together again.

Eventhough I can't stand his voice and 90% of the Savage Garden crap I agree with him. Going further down the R&B -lite route will do nothing but make M look like a ridiculous has been

Guest Danny86

^Actually, has-beens are created when they stick to the same formula, not when they try to be contemporary.

^ agreed.

I don't necessarily mean she should go back to Stuart but just go for something new and fresh instead of "renting" a rapper ... it's M, not the Pussycat Dolls.

I do think Stuart is far from being a one trick pony at all though - contrary to Mirwais or Orbit who produce the same sounds as can be heard on their latest efforts. And that's why I think a reunion with him would benefit both.

i actually like the demo of revolver, and normally i hate hip/hop and rnb sounds... if its catchy, it will work. unfortunately its a little commercial to say at least. even for madonna. lets hope, if she does the song, she'll at least change the lyrics.

if theres one thing M needs to do, its releasing material thats really "her", that comes from her heart and her soul. she has said before that the hard thing about making her music is that she needs to do some things to it to make it more commercial. but believe me, less commercial work is often better.. and way more respected. so in that sense, i agree with darren. i dont know if stuart is the right man for that but at least its better than all of that justin and lil wayne crap. i hate to say M going to the britney level.. :confused::thumbsdown:

Guest Danny86

Because you definitely know when Madonna's heart and soul is in the music, and when it is not, right? :snore:

Not sure about the respected part, Madonna's main legacy is the TIC compilation and that's chock full of commercial hits. Madonna is also the biggest selling female artist ever, and she will always go for the hits. It's just your own taste if you "feel" that some of them are "not her".

Because you definitely know when Madonna's heart and soul is in the music, and when it is not, right? :snore:

Not sure about the respected part, Madonna's main legacy is the TIC compilation and that's chock full of commercial hits. Madonna is also the biggest selling female artist ever, and she will always go for the hits. It's just your own taste if you "feel" that some of them are "not her".

im talking about songs like "oh father", "future lovers", "isaac", "get stupid"..

and with "heart and soul" i mean more meaningful lyrics other than "my love's a revolver, my sex is a killer, do u wanna die happy" or "i guess i'll die another day...", & "my sugar is raw, welcome to my candy store"... i don't mind sexy lyrics like in erotica or justify my love, but the lyrics she had lately were tacky.

Guest Danny86

^I give you "Oh Father", but the rest? "FL" is a blatant and admitted rip off of Donna Summer, "Isaac" has the hook lifted from a late 80s hit, not to mention it has a lazy chorus that recalls "Frozen", do you really call these songs as non-commercial or that has her heart and soul?

If anything, it's "Candy Shop" that has her heart and soul most in the recent years, she's been obsessed with that song and even though it leaked more than 6 months before HC official release, she kept it the same way and opened 60 shows with it. And it's still the opening song for nearly 30 new dates this summer... But it's impossible that Madonna loves it because some of her hardcore fans detest it, right?

Maybe it's the case of you wanting Madonna's soul to be something else than it actually is? Also, HC has several songs that follow her themes, like dancing making feel happy, not wanting to stop, going on forever, aren't those THE Madonna messages?

Guest ursaminorjim
can someone just get stuart price and madonna to kiss and make up please before this bloody lil wayne single turns my ears into blisters

This from the man who gave us "I want you" and "To the moon and back." That's rich. :lmao:

This from the man who gave us "I want you" and "To the moon and back." That's rich. :lmao:

"To the moon and back" was a good song. Can't say nothing more about him.

Revolver sounds good I am glad she no longer works with Stuart. I'm sure he would only be able to come up with Confessions part II. Nothing new, nothing fresh.

Guest ursaminorjim

Exactly. And Confessions itself wasn't all too fresh to begin with. He should stick to remixes for other artists, and leave the production to his own releases.