We're getting closer to having it on DVD!

Guest seancannon

Guest seancannon
Oh hun. This along with Burning Up has been online for eons.

Oh can you please link Burning Up! :thumbsup:

Yeah, this has been out for quite some time. Which deceived many of us into thinking the DVD release was just around the corner at the time they surfaced. Such a disappointment.

Speaking of disappointment, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but does anyone else think the editing on this is lacking a bit? I think there's TOO much cutting away to just the background video. I mean, no offense, I love most of her backing imagery, but the place for those (especially when they do not include any exclusively shot images of/for Madonna herself) is as an extra on the DVD. Not intercut with the performance like crazy. It's at moments that don't seem very intuitive to me, either... You can see them enough behind her when they are showing her and the dancers, so you can get a feel for what they were like. Occasionally the shot is cropped so closely that you miss her choreographic work with her feet (which is particularly great in this number) or they zoom in on an angle where you just see her back. I don't know -- there are plenty of good shots, but there are also these moments where I go, wtf? (I wonder if this is the Hamish version? Or the Jonas version? From what I'd heard, Jonas didn't film everything, so then this would have to be Hamish.) I do love all the dancing she does with the guys toward the middle and especially at the end. But even then, like the one move she does with Paul, where she does this kind of half split, it's totally out of the frame. Really weird.

Guess I'm just being picky. I'll be happy enough when we get the whole thing, rest assured.

Maybe Madge will take her cue from Barbra Streisand, I mean Bab's released a three cd set of her concerts recently and it went straight to number 1. Im hoping Madge will release both Reinvention Tour with The Sicky and Sweet Tour in one great package , That would surely be a treat for us fans....jUST SAYING..

manchester_2004_485.jpg

normal_cardiff_darren-john_003.jpg

Maybe Madge will take her cue from Barbra Streisand, I mean Bab's released a three cd set of her concerts recently and it went straight to number 1. Im hoping Madge will release both Reinvention Tour with The Sicky and Sweet Tour in one great package , That would surely be a treat for us fans....jUST SAYING..

manchester_2004_485.jpg

normal_cardiff_darren-john_003.jpg

that would be fantastic. :thumbsup:

Actually I've heard he's not the director but Jonas was, that's why he was mad.

Well Hamish and Done and Dusted (his production company) sued M for £157,000 for unpaid pre-production and production fees. I know quite a few people who work at Done and Dusted, I'll see if I can garner any information.

Well Hamish and Done and Dusted (his production company) sued M for £157,000 for unpaid pre-production and production fees. I know quite a few people who work at Done and Dusted, I'll see if I can garner any information.

Yes, and then she changed her mind and changed director last minute without paying Hamish.That's what I know, but maybe it's just bullshit.

Yes, and then she changed her mind and changed director last minute without paying Hamish.That's what I know, but maybe it's just bullshit.

It's such a mystery!

According to this article "the London production company Done and Dusted is seeking the same amount for production costs after filming concerts and rehearsals in the making of the programme" and the £81k production fees they sued for isn't an unreasonable amount to cover filming expenses. I'm guessing Hamish filmed those concerts as Done and Dusted is his company but then again maybe someone else filmed them.

Who knows!!!!

Someone does Cosmic System, someone does! One thing's for sure, there's a fully filmed concert (and rehearsals) out there that we can't get our povo hands on.

I was under the impression that Jonas filmed the Paris shows for the documentary, and Hamish filmed the Lisbon shows for the broadcast on television, and what would later become the DVD. The broadcast for CBS was scrapped, but Madoona kept the money I believe.

I was under the impression that Jonas filmed the Paris shows for the documentary, and Hamish filmed the Lisbon shows for the broadcast on television, and what would later become the DVD. The broadcast for CBS was scrapped, but Madoona kept the money I believe.

Yes Jonas was the director for Paris and Hamish for Lisbon.That was, at least, the original plan.

Somebody..is Alek Keshisian on Twitler?

If so start bustin his nuts bout the BAT. :fag:

If we got BAT I couldn't care less about Reinvention.

How's the no smoking acko? I'm GAGGING for a cigarette.

If we got BAT I couldn't care less about Reinvention.

How's the no smoking acko? I'm GAGGING for a cigarette.

It's going surprisingly well..but I'm just HYPER HYPER EVERYTHING..

Like I woke up or something.. :confused: But fun..although I'm starting

2 annoy myself :chuckle:

Yes Jonas was the director for Paris and Hamish for Lisbon.That was, at least, the original plan.

Right, this was my impression, as well.

Hamish Hamilton's filmed version may exist -- it's just that it, as of yet, hasn't been used anywhere. I'm not sure if the hang-up is with the marketing contracts for IGTTYAS, or the scrapped CBS broadcast, or the legal drama with Hamish Hamilton and his production company. But I'm imagining one of those things is the reason RIT hasn't yet been released.

Someone said Jonas didn't film Paris in its entirety, but I don't know if that's accurate or not. So I was surmising maybe we won't get the full thing until the deal with Hamish is settled.

I thought Hamish sued because he had done all this pre-work to film the concert (and possibly even filmed the concert) but then wasn't paid for that work. And he probably wasn't paid because no DVD or broadcast eventuated to pay for it. (But still, Madonna or someone would have to pay him for his work. If they want to wait to release it, that's their business -- but he would still need to be compensated for his efforts, if he delivered a finished product. Then again, I guess the nightmare scenario for us would be if he never filmed Lisbon properly because things fell through before that?)

I think he did film it and the lawsuit came way after. Also I think the text in the lawsuit mentioned pre-production AND production costs which implies he filmed it. Lastly, I think I remember fans who attended the Lisbon shows saying that they were indeed being filmed.