Hard Candy - 1 year on...

Guest gloriesbarcelona

Voices is still my favorite track.

I love Beat Goes On, She's Not Me, Devil and GI2M.

I still hate Candy Shop, as the first time I heard it.

I still love it, there isn't one track I don't like, yes the cover was a bit too much but who cares, it's on my ipod and it's still fresh

I think BGO should have been a single

A year on and remixes of GITM and 4M are on my gym ipod alomg with BGO

I much prefer Hard Candy. Love it all. The album cover is my favorite Madonna album cover since Music. And let's face it, any Madonna release with no weenie rolls in sight is a good Madonna release.

Too bad Madonna didn't end up naming the album Give It 2 Me. I think it would have worked so much better.

It's an OKAY album. But mediocre by Madonna's standards. I still like 4 Minutes, Give it 2 Me, Miles Away, Heartbeat and Devil Wouldn't Recognize You. But none of them are classics.

The artwork and the album title could have been MUCH better but I appreciate she had a ton of other things going on in her life while she was putting this album together. It's probably the reason why it came across as a half-hearted attempt to remain relevant. Nowhere near as good as Confessions on a Dancefloor. I have a feeling the next album will be the best of her career.

Guest Danny86
I have a feeling the next album will be the best of her career.

I don't see the point of expectations like that, you'll only get disappointed.

Seeing what LN is doing with Madonna and milking her tours to death, I don't think the next album will be the hailed epitome of artistic freedom, it will most likely be commercial and very current to make sure her tours can get the most attention.

I don't see the point of expectations like that, you'll only get disappointed.

Seeing what LN is doing with Madonna and milking her tours to death, I don't think the next album will be the hailed epitome of artistic freedom, it will most likely be commercial and very current to make sure her tours can get the most attention.

I see no problem expecting the best from Madonna. She is one of the few artists (if not the only one in this current day) who can deliver. :)

I'm still loving it. It's AMAZING! :wow:

Now, thanx to HC i'm oficially a new fan :)

Highlights from the album:

Devil

She's not me

Heartbeat

4 Minutes

Guest blueferris

HARD CANDY = BEST ALBUM OF HER CAREER!!!!!!!!

THIS is the madonna i know & want!

leap & bounds betta than confessions. . . cant even listen to that 1

Still listen to it almost everyday. This is the album I have been waiting on since BS, and the type of sound she should have release after Music. The songs really captured that whole old skool pop/R&B/disco from the early eighties perfectly IMO. I really think it all comes down to what type of music you really enjoy. For all the johnnycomelatlies that became fans during ROL, please go back and listen to LAP,JML,Erotica and you'll notice lots of R&b/hiphop influences. hell she spends most of Erotica rappin. To me you can't compare M's albums to each other, they are all so different in sound. I know we all have preferences and (assholes) oppinions but at this point in her career she can do whaever the fuck she wants.

To be fair, Madonna doesn't have a BAD album. All everyone was saying was that it not up to her standards and I think everyone still agrees on that.

No, it was being ripped apart by a lot of people (and there are still some very negative comments about it in this thread).

Weak album for M's standards. Tons of forgettable songs in there, but a few gems like Give it 2 Me and Voices. That's all.

I don´t think it´s weak..I think it´s not her best album, but most of all, I feel that all the songs on the album have a potential that it´s not the final result of the song...I mean, maybe with a pair of weeks more at studio, i think we´ll have a bunch of big classics...but it´s a good album, mybe she had too many things on her mind

It's not her most original work..but who really cares?

I used to care about that, but after one year Hard Candy is still the most played album by Madonna on my iTunes so...yeah, give it 2 me Hard Candy.I love it.

I also LOVE Candy Shop and I really really like Spanish Lesson.

Guest Pud Whacker

I used to care about that, but after one year Hard Candy is still the most played album by Madonna on my iTunes so...yeah, give it 2 me Hard Candy.I love it.

:thumbsup:

and YOURE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Pud Whacker
No thank god.

I'm in north Italy, so nothing happened here (we felt it the other night but it was very little).

The whole thing is just a tragedy.

its terrible. glad youre ok, people were concerned about you here.

Guest Danny86

YAY for Cosmic! :D:thumbsup: