MADONNA’S STAFF WALK-OUT

Guest chatty kathy

Guest chatty kathy

Sunday, 29 March 2009

Five of Madonna’s staff have walked out on her. The singer has been hit by the resignation of two personal assistants, two nannies and a chauffeur - who all cited long working hours as the reason for quitting.

Upon handing in her notice to the ‘Miles Away’ singer earlier this week, Australian nanny Angela Jacobson was immediately told to leave.

Another nanny, Elodie, who had worked alongside Angela looking after the singer’s three children - Lourdes, 12, Rocco, eight and adopted David, three - has also quit.

They are joined by personal assistants Denise Lambertson and Johanna Edholm, and chauffeur Alistair Mitchell, who was Madonna’s driver for seven years.

Telling of her strain at being on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Angela, 29, wrote on her Facebook internet profile: ‘Not putting up with this s**t anymore. Never have, never will.

‘Standing up for my rights regardless of consequence. Sick of always being the one who compromises.’

Angela, who was contracted to work until the end of June, is said to be shocked she was told to pack her bags almost immediately after revealing her plans to leave.

A source told Britain’s People newspaper: ‘Angela was with her for two years and was particularly close to David. He and Rocco are devastated she is leaving.

‘And Elodie, who’s been with Madonna for about 15 months, was also close to the children.

‘But all Madonna’s employees work incredibly long hours.’

Personal assistant Denise is due to finish working for the 50-year-old star this week, and Johanna quit saying she lost a boyfriend due to Madonna’s work demands. Alistair left Madonna to drive her ex-husband Guy Ritchie.

The walk-outs come as a huge blow to Madonna as she flies to Malawi, Southern Africa, today in a bid to adopt a new child.

The singer has spent three months negotiating with authorities to adopt three year old female orphan, Mercy James, as a sister for David - who is also from Malawi.

The singer has also taken on French nanny Audrey Wrightson

Source: http://news.id.msn.com/entertainment/artic...umentid=2975317

Ouch! Sounds like she would be Ok to work with.

But not to work FOR.

Sounds like thankless work. Doesn't even pay holiday wages or give bonuses.

the ususal drama media attacks her for anything

those are the ones whom doesnt want to work for her anymore, so be it. isnt that what they want? if i were her i wouldnt want to be with them till june either, they wanna leave so leave now. Madonna has a lot to care about and there are tons of people willing to work for her. NEXT

Exactly people quit jobs all the time if they could handle the job they should leave! Plus who knows about their performance , they could be terrible at their jobs and needed to go anyway.

I'm not discounting the fact that this is all blown up media hype, however, if it is true, Madonna has been going around telling everyone how Kaballah has made her so much of a better person, how she's so much less selfish and egotistical, and how she strives to make the world a better place. Yet she can't APEAR to refrain from being horrible to the people who work for her. Surely making the world a better place starts from home. I love Madonna, including her flaws, but one thing I can't stand is people who are fake.

The other thing is, it's surely not good for the kids. I mean, obviously you can't be held to ransom by staff just because your children may have developed an attachment to them, but still it seems that it's a big and avoidable upheaval for them. And she's intent on getting another one in?

Oh well, all of those working for Madonna like that are bond to leave at some pont anyway, I suppose. How can you ever have a life of your own, a family, bf/gf, if you're available for a person 24/7? They knew what they were getting themselves into when they started working for her...

Guest waiting

Maybe she should reconsider adopting another child. I mean, if she is adopting all these kids and just leaving them to the nannies to take care of....

Guest chatty kathy
I'm not discounting the fact that this is all blown up media hype, however, if it is true, Madonna has been going around telling everyone how Kaballah has made her so much of a better person, how she's so much less selfish and egotistical, and how she strives to make the world a better place. Yet she can't APEAR to refrain from being horrible to the people who work for her. Surely making the world a better place starts from home. I love Madonna, including her flaws, but one thing I can't stand is people who are fake.

The other thing is, it's surely not good for the kids. I mean, obviously you can't be held to ransom by staff just because your children may have developed an attachment to them, but still it seems that it's a big and avoidable upheaval for them. And she's intent on getting another one in?

"I'm off to the K-Center then the gym, but your shift doesn't end for another 23 hours!

Bu-bye"

Exactly people quit jobs all the time if they could handle the job they should leave! Plus who knows about their performance , they could be terrible at their jobs and needed to go anyway.

:dramatic: But they weren't fired. And 5 members at a time, they were all terrible at their jobs?

A small business would look into that like a major problem w/ the boss.

House Staff are changed; people can't work forever at the same employer. Nothing unusual here. Of course the media will headline this by "walking out".

:dramatic: But they weren't fired. And 5 members at a time, they were all terrible at their jobs?

A small business would look into that like a major problem w/ the boss.

people QUIT. he didnt say they were fired, actually they got fired whem they warned her about quiting in june.

5 members at a time seems like they were gossiping with each other to do it. that usually happens with business, starts with a gossip and some of the workers decides they must leave all at once to fuck the boss.

probably work for her is a tuff job but surely they knew about that, they were after the money anyway.

people QUIT. he didnt say they were fired, actually they got fired whem they warned her about quiting in june.

5 members at a time seems like they were gossiping with each other to do it. that usually happens with business, starts with a gossip and some of the workers decides they must leave all at once to fuck the boss.

probably work for her is a tuff job but surely they knew about that, they were after the money anyway.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Blegh, I think she's a nice person, but it's very, very weird that suddenly 5, well, 6 including the nanny, are walking out. Maybe something odd is going on, it does seem strange.

Guest harbors
Blegh, I think she's a nice person, but it's very, very weird that suddenly 5, well, 6 including the nanny, are walking out. Maybe something odd is going on, it does seem strange.

They are just jealous because Madonna didnt adopt them instead of Mercy.

I'm sure she's worse than "The Devil Wears Prada!!!!"

:lol: Thats how the media portrays her. Kinda like her character in "Swept Away", a real asshole!

The media needs to blow this out of proportion since they won´t get any inside information from the people involved anway. They have all signed an agreement to keep things confidential. If they start to talk, hell will break loose. They will have to fork over money to Madonna for the rest of her lifes and they will definately not find a job in the entertainment industry anymore. Don´t mess with Madonna. There were others before that had to learn this lesson. Does anyone remember the other nanny some years ago that had written a tell all book?

Guest chatty kathy

I got a lawyer and a manager

An agent and a chef

Three nannies, an assistant

And a driver and a jet

A trainer and a butler

And a bodyguard or five

A gardener and a stylist

Do you think I'm satisfied?

OK OK OK

Minus two personal assistants, two nannies and a chauffeur too!

You'd hate it if it happened to you!

I wonder why these ppl signed up in the first place? Did they actually read the job description before they sign the contract?

But on the other hand, I believe Madge is no angel either.

Madonna is an icon and a diva bitch- they knew that when they took the job,,,, I bet madonna doesn't pay much, only reason why people would quit over long hours. You always look like a jerk and an ass when you get fired or quit and then curse out your boss and the company, what she did on Facebook makes her look bad and unstable.

This driver still has his job right? hes her man main

madonna-kabbalah-sus.jpg

Johanna quit saying she lost a boyfriend due to Madonna’s work demands.

:chuckle:

I got a lawyer and a manager

An agent and a chef

Three nannies, an assistant

And a driver and a jet

A trainer and a butler

And a bodyguard or five

A gardener and a stylist

Do you think I'm satisfied?

OK OK OK

Minus two personal assistants, two nannies and a chauffeur too!

You'd hate it if it happened to you!

at that time she already had THREE nannies to care 2 kids! :manson: now she has almost 4 kids i wonder how many nannies she needs :electropop:

and also i love how she says she has a bodyguard or five. thats whatever she doesnt even know who are them or how many she has :lmao:

at that time she already had THREE nannies to care 2 kids! :manson: now she has almost 4 kids i wonder how many nannies she needs :electropop:

and also i love how she says she has a bodyguard or five. thats whatever she doesnt even know who are them or how many she has :lmao:

Or maybe it's because it semi-rhymes with 'satisfied'.