Sticky & Sweet 2009 Itinerary

daizy1

Guest boytoyville

Well...looks like the talks have broken down once again. You never know but per Arthur Fogel, Austraila and North America still not happening.

http://www.ticketnews.com/Madonna-extends-...-America1930710

Madonna extends Sticky & Sweet tour but not in North America

Latest News Headlines

Daily tour recap: Johnny Winter, Tom Jones and more Oscars sue Arizona marketing company over alleged sale of tickets David Archuleta, Bruce Springsteen tickets on sale this weekend Flight of the Conchords tour maps U.S. dates for spring Carolina Panthers revoke PSLs from those who did not buy playoff tickets Leonard Cohen tour plots first U.S. dates for NYC, Coachella Paul McCartney, The Killers and The Cure to headline Coachella Daily tour recap: Leann Rimes, The English Beat and more Ray LaMontagne tour spreads more 'Gossip' around the U.S. Slayer, Marilyn Manson headline second Mayhem Festival Fri, Jan 30th 2009 3:40 pm EST

By Bob Grossweiner & Jane Cohen

The touring industry is ebullient since Madonna has extended her Sticky & Sweet Tour for a second year, something she has never done. Madonna will perform 24-25 European concerts this summer beginning July 4 in London, ENG and the last one booked so far is on August 20 in Ljubljana, SLO. Paul Oakenfold is the opening act on all of the extended tour dates.

Sixteen concert dates have been released, and the London concert is the only repeat market from last year. The rest of the tour will include appearances in cities she has never performed in before, such as Werchter, BEL; Marseille, FRA; Hamburg, GER; Oslo, NOR; Helsinki, FIN; Tallinn, EST; and Ljubljana, SLO; as well as stops in Romania, Hungary, Serbia and Bulgaria.

She has booked a few cities that she has not performed in for more than 15 years, inculding Madrid, SPA; Gothenburg, SWE; and Munich, GER. Shows are to be announced for Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Romania and Serbia.

Arthur Fogel, Live Nation's Chairman of Global Music and CEO of Global Touring/Artist Nation, advised TicketNews that there is "no chance for a North American extension of the tour."

"This is a first for me," Madonna said in a statement. "I've never extended a tour before. I'm excited to be going back on the road, visiting places I've never been and returning to places I love."

In 2008, the Sticky & Sweet Tour was seen by 2.35 million fans in 58 cities and grossed about $282 million. The tour boasted record-breaking ticket sales everywhere, including 650,000 tickets sold in her series of South American dates; 72,000 tickets at Zurich's Dubendorf Airfield -- the largest audience ever assembled for a show in Switzerland; 75,000 tickets in London and four sell outs in New York's Madison Square Garden (60,364 tickets).

"This new run of dates will further solidify Madonna's position as one of the top selling touring artists of all time," added Fogel, the tour producer.

And despite reports in the Australian media that four concerts are scheduled for an September/October outing Down Under, Fogel said that there is no validity to the reports. Madonna has only toured Australia once -- back in 1993.

Guest FrozenLight

Excellent new schedule. She will have no problem selling out these dates because they are all new markets (London and Manchester are pretty much a no brainer to sell-out)

Guest jamesshot

I bet she tours in 2010 as well. She is extending this tour to mainly new territories or places she hasn't been in awhile. She is leaving out touring extensively this time around but mark my words, she will tour 2010 with her usual itinerary( Europe, US, probably Japan and Australia next time).

I bet she tours in 2010 as well. She is extending this tour to mainly new territories or places she hasn't been in awhile. She is leaving out touring extensively this time around but mark my words, she will tour 2010 with her usual itinerary( Europe, US, probably Japan and Australia next time).

:lmao: Im sorry I have to laugh every time I see this. "Madonna will tour Australia and Asia next time" its perpetual never ending

Only European part of the tour was presented... I believe she will surely go to Japan and Australia... I mean... those two country can have more than 20 sold out concerts alone...

On Girlie show she sold out 11 Stadium concerts in Australia alone...

Plus in Japan she can surely do 3 or 4 cities making it more than 10 concerts in total too... she already did 5 concerts from a Tour in Tokio once... and now that Miles Away was such a big hit there even better ;)

:lmao: Im sorry I have to laugh every time I see this. "Madonna will tour Australia and Asia next time" its perpetual never ending

uhm, we knew she wanted to do Australia but the negotiations just fell... try to blame the Australian promoter for failing to have faith in Aussies to pay any top dollar amount just to see MADONNA...

Do you think this 'tour' will conside with the release of the greatest hits? Would make sense to release while she is performing xx

so its confirmed she wont play in oz?

so shes bringing the tour back to perform in desolate refugee riddled countries? umm ok LiveNation.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: how immature and selfish

If I can quote the fabulous Cyndi Lauper (who toured Australia last year) "It's the same old fucking story"

well Oz was immortalized and got featured in the TGS DVD...

*fake english accent* "doesn't she always make it up to you"

No Australia + No Asia + same production = :lame::lame::lame:

How exactly is going to countries and cities the tour has never visited and giving fans a chance to see a show they have never seen lame?

Oh well at least we won't have to see you at any of the shows.

:manson:

so its confirmed she wont play in oz?

so shes bringing the tour back to perform in desolate refugee riddled countries? umm ok LiveNation.

Which countries are you referring to? How dare you insult Estonia. Don't you know Nicola Roberts from Girls Aloud is the Princess Diana of the Baltics? She will come and eat you

Guest thehiltonsuite
wow.. ESTONIA? that's just mindblowing.. it and several other dates there aren't going to be big money makers and she's finally playing them.. yeah it's still all about money but the strategy is a bit less greedy this time

You better believe it will make huge money.....or she wouldn't even bother. Michael Jackson played Estonia on the HIStory tour to an audience of 70,000.

well Oz was immortalized and got featured in the TGS DVD...

*fake english accent* "doesn't she always make it up to you"

So because Madonna came here on the TGS and we got a fucking DVD shot here we shouldn't get any more of a look in?? Maybe Madonna should start dissing Italy England and Detroit. Some of you are so stupid.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Oh well at least we won't have to see you at any of the shows.

Knowing now that you'll apparently be tearing your sorry ass away from trolling Kylie forums to attend at least one of them, you most certainly won't see me there. :thumbsup:

So because Madonna came here on the TGS and we got a fucking DVD shot here we shouldn't get any more of a look in?? Maybe Madonna should start dissing Italy England and Detroit. Some of you are so stupid.

:chuckle:

im so happy about this shows happening! she is giving her best and she is very very happy. this tour reminded her that her best shows are in big stadiuns!

well... why are you being so negative yet you want her to go there? reverse psychology?

the new millennium was 9 years ago... she tried to be there but some cheap promoters in australia are scared to loose money that's why talks went down... she's not going to lower her price for Aussies... what you Aussies need are top promoters having faith that you guys are willing to pay $600-$700 australian dollars just to see her...

she tried and was willing to be there... end of story...

Knowing now that you'll apparently be tearing your sorry ass away from trolling Kylie forums to attend at least one of them, you most certainly won't see me there. :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: You haven't stated why you think its *lame* for Madonna to tour countries and and cities she has never been to before.

well... why are you being so negative yet you want her to go there? reverse psychology?

the new millennium was 9 years ago... she tried to be there but some cheap promoters in australia are scared to loose money that's why talks went down... she's not going to lower her price for Aussies... what you Aussies need are top promoters having faith that you guys are willing to pay $600-$700 australian dollars just to see her...

she tried and was willing to be there... end of story...

That was just media rumours, there were no actual plans for Madonna to play Australia in 1999 or 2000

That was just media rumours, there were no actual plans for Madonna to play Australia in 1999 or 2000

I believe i've read an official article here somewhere... someone point us to it...

Guest Topaz Scorpio
:rolleyes: You haven't stated why you think its *lame* for Madonna to tour countries and and cities she has never been to before.

Clearly reading comprehension is not one of your skills. I said that her NOT going to Asia or Australia and NOT changing up the production of the show was lame.