Now The Tour Is Confirmed Which Songs Should She Drop From The Setlist and Which Should She Add?

markm

Stuart already had his time of reinventing old Madonna hits, it would have been pointless to use him again when Madonna is doing a lot of songs from RIT & CT. And most of his "reinventions" failed anyway, I mean "Vogue" RIT was just the TIC mix. The S&ST gave us a lot of great arrangements though.

Stuart's reinvenrtions of Like A Virgin, You Thrill Me and Music were fantastic. I have a feeling they will work together on the next album.

Intro/Candy Shop

Beat Goes On

>>> Human Nature (drop) > add Holiday

Vogue

Die Another Day - VIDEO INTERLUDE

Into The Groove

>>> Heartbeat (drop) >add Open Your Heart

Borderline

She’s Not Me

Music

Rain - VIDEO INTERLUDE

Devil Wouldn’t Recognise You

>>> Spanish Lesson (drop) > add Dress You Up

Miles Away

La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute

>>> Doli Doli (drop) > add Sorry (acoustic with fiddles/gypsy elements)

You Must Love Me

>>> Human Nature (with Britney and new footage) - VIDEO INTERLUDE

4 Minutes

Like A Prayer

Ray of Light

Request Song

>>> Hung Up (new rave version)

Give It To Me (finale)

If whe do this I'll have to flight to Europe to se Madonna again !!!!!!!!!! and my bank account will not like it !!! :scared:

Fantastic setlist !

I don'y think Price's reinventions were failures. They were reinvented yet still had the feel of the original, ie Vogue, Express Yourself, LAP, Into the Groove. Unlike the S&S ITG, it sounds weak and is almost unrecognizable.

Guest bedtimestorynyc

i also love INCREDIBLE!!!! best song on the album - i'm sorry!

it's time to get your hands up

it's time to get your body groovin'

:confessions:

Guest thehiltonsuite
Stuart's reinvenrtions of Like A Virgin, You Thrill Me and Music were fantastic. I have a feeling they will work together on the next album.

Yes they were. But I doubt they'll work together again.

Guest Danny86

It would be really shocking if Madonna went back to Stuart after extending the first tour he had nothing to do with.

He did have some great reinventions, but playing the album versions in the "tin can" sound quickly got uninspired...

Yeah that was one thing I didn't like about the tours that were directed by Price. The drummer was terrible on RIT and CT. DWT wasn't that bad because she had a percussionist like she had used on her tours in the late 80's and 90's. It makes a big difference when the music actually sounds live and not coming out of a computer. I like the drummer on S&S, it sounds like a real drum. The DJ is totally pointless and corny IMO. I have no problem with her guitar player, he's been with her since DWT. The new music director annoys me because he worked with JT, Brittney and Timbaland and I'm used to M working with non-commercial people that bring a unique sound to her live shows, not the same generic sound you would hear at a JT concert or Nelly Furtado show. :thumbsdown:

I dont want her to drop SPANISH LESSON. Its a highlight for me!!!! Great performance.

I d like her to add proper and cool version of Express Yourself, also I ll Remember and Nothing Really Matters. I ll love to hear Jump again!!!!

Guest nothingfails0603

well, if she's not filming this, I think those of us who won't see it in any form wouldn't want her to do songs we really want to hear, lol

Guest Danny86
Yeah that was one thing I didn't like about the tours that were directed by Price. The drummer was terrible on RIT and CT. DWT wasn't that bad because she had a percussionist like she had used on her tours in the late 80's and 90's. It makes a big difference when the music actually sounds live and not coming out of a computer. I like the drummer on S&S, it sounds like a real drum. The DJ is totally pointless and corny IMO. I have no problem with her guitar player, he's been with her since DWT. The new music director annoys me because he worked with JT, Brittney and Timbaland and I'm used to M working with non-commercial people that bring a unique sound to her live shows, not the same generic sound you would hear at a JT concert or Nelly Furtado show. :thumbsdown:

Isn't that a bit of a stretch? I don't see how 90% of the tour song arrangements are something that could be heard on JT or Nelly shows.

I dont want her to drop SPANISH LESSON. Its a highlight for me!!!! Great performance.

I d like her to add proper and cool version of Express Yourself, also I ll Remember and Nothing Really Matters. I ll love to hear Jump again!!!!

:thumbsup::dramatic:

:thumbsup: I hope she doesn't dump Spanish Lesson either ;)

do you think she will change anything?

my guess is no but i hope something is different

I think she will only change a few things, like some costumes. If she changes the setlist it will be 2 songs or so. Maybe she throws out Borderline and adds a different classic. It is not very realistic to say ROL, HU, MA or 4M should be replaced. That won't happen.

But I hope she changes the final number. GI2M was not that big to close the show with.

I think she will only change a few things, like some costumes. If she changes the setlist it will be 2 songs or so. Maybe she throws out Borderline and adds a different classic. It is not very realistic to say ROL, HU, MA or 4M should be replaced. That won't happen.

But I hope she changes the final number. GI2M was not that big to close the show with.

I agree. As much as I love the song, it just didn't grab people. There has been a lukewarm reaction to it here. Should be better to finish with 4 minutes. Not my favourite song but it has a kick.

There has been a lukewarm reaction to it here. Should be better to finish with 4 minutes. Not my favourite song but it has a kick.

GOD NO :scared:

I doubt the last thing thing the audience wants to see is M dressed like a linebacker and crowing her way through a duet.

It just occured to me that the best thing in the world ever would be if she inserted a verse from "Bad Girl" into "She's Not Me", perhaps somewhere in the bridge.. If someone wants to pimp your style etc. Smoked too many cigarettes today, I'm not happy when I act this way kind of thing

Come on bitches you know it makes sense

:wow:SHE'S NOT ME / BAD GIRL (MEDLEY) :wow: