The best Madonna song ever made

Guest seancannon

this is a really hard one for shes had so many. im going with the song like a prayer. its just a perfect piece of music. from princes guitar intro to the choir to madonnas vocals to the the lyrics to the arrangement. just perfect.

WHAT?

:shock:

That post above is so NOT you, Pud! When it comes to you, it has always been about the debut album or "Into the Groove" or "Gambler" or "Sidewalk Talk"! :americanlife:

Guest seancannon
I would see Into The Groove as Madonna's best. Its a simple dance song but still sounds as groovy as ever 2 decades on

I have to say that her Sticky version is the best so far!

• 2 months later...

For me it is Into The Groove - to create a pop song so perfect and so early in her career proves her talent. Subsequent huge songs have their place but this was just her and Stephen Bray, before all the producers were brought in. A simple song about a boy who caught her eye. It came out of nowhere and Madonnamania exploded on a worldwide scale.

No pretense, no hype. Just pop genius.

Guest d'kat

who's that girl? because she's always changing her persona. :thumbsup:

honourable mentions - open your heart and true blue! :thumbsup:

Guest immaculate sanctuary

i guess i would have to say human nature. i have absolutley loved it since the first time i heard it back when bedtime stories came out & i still just adore it so much! & i love the video too! the lyrics are great & one of the few songs where madonna curses. :headbang: picking just 1 song is very hard tho.

Guest Johnkm

It depends on what I would call her 'best', I mean my favourites are: Express Yourself, Give It 2 Me, Power Of Good-Bye, Shes Not Me, Vogue and Ray Of Light. But I would have to say her best song either Express Yourself or Vogue, the whole Like A Prayer/Im Breathless/Blond Ambition era, although I was only born the year it all happened, is my favourite era and those are the 2 best songs from it, for me anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

When it's about a Madonna fan, you cannot ask him/her to choose just one song; that's just impossible!

Still, I think I would go with 'Vogue': it's iconic, memorable, danceable, pure pop. Crowds go crazy when this song begins, every Madonna fan knows it by heart, the choreography is spectacular, the video is amazing. When the word 'vogue' is mentioned, everybody automatically thinks at Madonna. You just can't separate them!

...so come on, vogue... :vogue: