IS STICKY GETTING RECORDED?

elijah

The shows in Buenos Aires were recorded for the dvd. Minutes before the last 2 shows some lady came on stage and announced that the shows were being recorded for a dvd release and a tv special.

How long after Confessions ended did it air on TV?

They recorded 2 shows in mid-August, the tv special aired on late november, the tour itself ended on september the 21st i think.

2 of the shows in Argentina were filmed and that's about it so far

They did some filming on the first 2 shows too, at least that's what Nathan told me right before the dec.5 show but they used less cameras. They had 11 for the last 2 shows.

I suspect Madonna may want to go the glossy route like she did with Confessions and have post-production done on the filmed shows. I suspect the earliest we could see a TV special would be February. However, it is possible they would air in the springtime. Although her last TV concert wasn't a huge ratings success, I imagine someone may want it to compete during Sweeps (which happens March 5 - April 1, 2009 and April 23 - May 20, 2009) if the event will indeed be broadcast in the U.S.

I am starting to wonder if the W Magazine shoot is going to coincide with a publicity push for the DVD or a TV special - especially since it will be out around that time. Maybe she'll actually promote heavily now that she's with Live Nation?

The concerts in Buenos Aires were recorded for sure. In Brazil, no signs of recording at all.

it is said the Rio shows were meant to be recorded too but because the rain they canceled it. Lets hope for the last 2 Sao Paulo concerts

and Eugene hasnt performed with Madonna yet and he was rehearsing in Rio so who knows

Guest Spotlight

YAY ANOTHER DVD THREAD! :confused:

it is said the Rio shows were meant to be recorded too but because the rain they canceled it. Lets hope for the last 2 Sao Paulo concerts

and Eugene hasnt performed with Madonna yet and he was rehearsing in Rio so who knows

I can say with some confidence that the Brazil shows won't be recorded. The plans to tape Rio or Sao Paulo were scrapped in favor of Buenos Aires some time ago.

I don't know if it's true but a few weeks ago someone posted at this forum that M's people where negotiating for a TV special in May 2009. So the DVD won't come out before that time.

That could work. If it ends up on a network like NBC again (god forbid :electropop: ) it could be fit into May sweeps. And then a DVD in June/July?

It´s really strange because i read somewhere that Gogol Bordello would perform with her in here in Brasil...maybe saturday?

Anyway, i think we will have an Argentinan dvd this time. Lucky hermanos!

Edited by axisvor

I suspect Madonna may want to go the glossy route like she did with Confessions and have post-production done on the filmed shows.

I asked Nathan about this too...he told me the dvd will have more of a stadium feel and although it will have special effects it will not be as heavy as the CT dvd.

He also told me the first time he did this kind of work for Madonna was 'for that video that Luc Besson directed'...he didn't even remember the name lmao

He was really cool and down to earth, very approachable.

Guest Danny86

Confessions was recorded on August 15-16th, the tour ended around September 20th, was broadcast on November 22nd (Thanksgiving) and was released on DVD at the end of January.