TORONTO - October 18 - FAN Reports/Pics/Videos

Nicholas

Guest WordsTheyAlwaysAttack

I'm going to the show tonight, soooo excited! I hope the crowd isn't dead like last night, it was hard to get tickets on the day they went on sale cause it sold out right away, and I ended up getting nosebleed seats from craigslist, so I hope it's a really good show. Been a fan for 22 years or something like that and it's my first Madonna concert

Guest Topaz Scorpio
The show was fantastic. The real highlight was the She's not Me performance. That one really tore it down. There's no denying she's a phenominal performer, to the extent that my aunt actually thought the performance of Candy Shop was great and she absolutely hates that song.

But i would say that the Toronto crowd was a little disappointing compared to the Re-invention tour, though i would not say it was dead. In fact I would say the audience was great considering most of the people were over 40.

And as unfortunate as it is, it appears that everyone would rather Madonna spoon feed her greatest hits to them as opposed to putting on a great elaborate stage show. She could make her job a lot easier for herself if she wanted, but she always challenges herself which is very impressive.

I think this exactly what it is. I took my sister to my second show and she was basically of that mindset. She had never seen Madonna before but had always liked her, especially her old stuff. She appreciated the fact that she changed things up (like the Vogue and Borderline mixes) but still really wanted to hear the songs they way they were originally done. And since she didn't know any of the new songs she wasn't really dancing much at all.

Also, with tickets being so expensive you're often going to find an older crowd on the floor (along with the die-hard M fans) as they are the ones who can generally afford these tickets. Younger fans often have to take nosebleed seats as the better seats are out of their price range.

Guest Pud Whacker
I think this exactly what it is. I took my sister to my second show and she was basically of that mindset. She had never seen Madonna before but had always liked her, especially her old stuff. She appreciated the fact that she changed things up (like the Vogue and Borderline mixes) but still really wanted to hear the songs they way they were originally done. And since she didn't know any of the new songs she wasn't really dancing much at all.

Also, with tickets being so expensive you're often going to find an older crowd on the floor (along with the die-hard M fans) as they are the ones who can generally afford these tickets. Younger fans often have to take nosebleed seats as the better seats are out of their price range.

everything you say is true but then we could get a cher concert and we dont want madonna turning into a cher bear. :americanlife::demonic:

Guest philipdudley

Went last night ... great concert ... crowd really tame ... overall, not her best tour, but always great to see Madonna live.

"People are starting to make signs and shirts/hats which read GUY WHO and BE STRONG or what ever... this seems to make her not look at people during GIVE IT 2 ME. When she did the dedication, she dedicated to the Emotionally Retarted, the way she did it though... She kinda stuttered and was emotional." :|

I think what makes her tours always exciting and that successful and the prices that high is due to the fact that she doesn't do the same songs over and over again with the same arrangements. Look at the line forming at Janet Jackson shows and don't tell it's cause she's had flop albums at this point in her career. **The reputation like any product and M is a product**....every Madonna show is different. The other day someone asked me why im going to see Madonna again since i saw her just 2 years ago. It's like seeing a different great performer for me every time i go and the excitement that surrounds an M show i feel is due to that fact that your getting something fresh & original thats why someone like Janet has gotten boring.

Sticky & Sweet Tour: Toronto Fan Pictures - Part 1

Madonna played two concerts at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Saturday and Sunday night. Here are madonnalicious reader Jackie's pictures from the first show on Saturday 18 October.

Don't forget to submit your Toronto pictures and reports to madonnalicious@gmail.com

toronto_181008_jackie1news.jpg

toronto_181008_jackie2news.jpg

toronto_181008_jackie3news.jpg

toronto_181008_jackie4news.jpg

• 3 weeks later...