Are we having The Sticky and Sweet Tour DVD

Mario24

Do you think we'll have the DVD for this Xmast ? as now, the Tours end in Mexico the last week of November so I was thinking about that .... they will have to film one of the early shows to have it on time ...

Guest chatty kathy
Do you think we'll have the DVD for this Xmast ? as now, the Tours end in Mexico the last week of November so I was thinking about that .... they will have to film one of the early shows to have it on time ...

I'm STILL waiting on RIT, then I'll worry about the S&ST dvd.

Guest MoMadonnaboy

I really hope they do a S&S Tour DVD, and I hope they do it like they did with CT. I can just watch that over and over- it is like a 2 hour music video.

I am totally with you on the RIT DVD. I really wanted to see some of the numbers from RIT last night, so popped in "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret". TOTALLY FRUSTRATING. Only like half the songs, not all the best ones, and only partial performances. Good documentary, but frustrating tour DVD.

I am totally with you on the RIT DVD. I really wanted to see some of the numbers from RIT last night, so popped in "I'm Going to Tell You a Secret". TOTALLY FRUSTRATING. Only like half the songs, not all the best ones, and only partial performances. Good documentary, but frustrating tour DVD.

Yeah, I don't know why they didn't just package IGTTYAS as a 2-DVD set - one with the documentary and one with the whole RIT. Then, she'd have the peace of mind knowing her Kabbalah infomercial got out, but we'd get to see the whole tour. I really don't understand her decisions sometimes.

I think we will get a Sticky & Sweet Tour DVD, but definitely NOT in time for Christmas 2008. I suspect it will come out the following spring or summer - and probably in a format similar to Confessions. Madonna seems to be very hands-on when it comes to the editing and post-production, and she'll be too busy with the tour through December for us to see it by the holidays.

I agree. I loved what he did with Confessions. I think it was Madonna's vision to have a very glitzy, theatrical show and he delivered.

Agree!

The Confessions Tour DVD was just amazing.

Our biggest tv-channel showed it like 3 times! I think they showed it on New Years Eve or something like that. Very cool.

The editing is superb. It's just amazing.

Ideally they should shoot it with some Sony HDCAM cameras using SDI out to 4:4:4 at 24p full hd then mix it afterwards. This would look slightly more live because it would lack the dynamic feel of film yet retain the option to add some effects in post if so is needed.

Or just shoot HD through a vision mixer and be done with it. The positive thing with that is we would get probably more than one aired concert and thus more variety. Think BAT and GS...

Guest nothingfails0603

well, with the rumor she's making TOD2, I bet this means we'll be fucked. aka BA AND RIT

I would rather just have a LIVE DVD too. I don't want a movie or a documentary because they never show everything.

The tour will end on December 21st, so we will not get the DVD this year. Spring would be fine. I hope we get one at all. But since LN paid Madonna so much money they will probalby release one as soon as they can.

Guest Danny86
well, with the rumor she's making TOD2, I bet this means we'll be fucked. aka BA AND RIT

No way she's going to make another documentary, just a few years after I'm Going To Tell You A Secret.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a Sticky & Sweet DVD before a Re-Invention DVD. And yes, Jonas should direct again!

I love the confessions tour dvd, and can never get why some people hate it. :wacko:

It's simply brilliant, and Jonas did an amazing job of directing it. :thumbsup:

He must come back for the s&s tour, but there is no way that's coming out this year. Who said the tour is ending in Mexico? The south american dates have not even been announced yet.

What does she still owe Warner? Would this be released via Warner or Live Nation?

She owes Warner a Greatest Hits collection (per Liz R.) and I feel certain any live album/DVD of this new tour would be released via Live Nation - although they currently have no distribution channel that I am aware of.

I love the confessions tour dvd, and can never get why some people hate it. :wacko:

It's simply brilliant, and Jonas did an amazing job of directing it. :thumbsup:

because it doesnt look live, mainly because it isnt.

because it doesnt look live, mainly because it isnt.

The point was never to look live in the first place. The dvd is just an idealized version of the show itself, which she clearly saw as a club experience. I loved the editing and special effects they added in post production. Jonas is brilliant, and you just know he worked the same magic for the RIT tour. :thumbsup:

As far as "live" goes, I saw the show in person. That's enough live for me. :dramatic:

The point was never to look live in the first place. The dvd is just an idealized version of the show itself, which she clearly saw as a club experience. I loved the editing and special effects they added in post production. Jonas is brilliant, and you just know he worked the same magic for the RIT tour. :thumbsup:

As far as "live" goes, I saw the show in person. That's enough live for me. :dramatic:

Well, as much as I do see your point, we did miss out on a live recording of the show. And it also masked any and all imperfections which makes the whole experience less enjoyable to watch. Its too "perfect" in a way...

Well, as much as I do see your point, we did miss out on a live recording of the show. And it also masked any and all imperfections which makes the whole experience less enjoyable to watch. Its too "perfect" in a way...

Yeah, I see your point about it being too perfect, but that's what I love about it.

As far as i'm concerned, the dvd saved 'jump" and "erotica/you thril me", which I thought were dull in person.

Guest Pud Whacker

shouldnt you wait for her to even embark on the tour first? :lol:

Guest northernlad

Ideally, Madonna would have Jonas do his signature theatrical cut of the concert, and then hire a new guy to do a more traditional, obviously live interpretation and then sell them together as a double pack instead of including one of those 9-track live cd's where half the tracks are interludes. Her shows are too BIG to be represented with a singular interpretation anyway. Since that won't be happening, I only want Jonas back w/o the special effects.

Guest thehiltonsuite
I would rather just have a LIVE DVD too. I don't want a movie or a documentary because they never show everything.

I wouldn't mind if it was like Truth of Dare. That's the most entertaining thing she's done in her whole career. I'd still like a BA DVD though........from the Paris show they used in TOD. That was the best concert filming I've ever seen. Alex is better than Jonas.

I wouldn't mind if it was like Truth of Dare. That's the most entertaining thing she's done in her whole career. I'd still like a BA DVD though........from the Paris show they used in TOD. That was the best concert filming I've ever seen. Alex is better than Jonas.
She could never again capture the lightning in the bottle that is TOD.

not a chance...she cant put it out so early....the album will be still on lists...so...probably spring next year....

then a brake then new album...at the end of next year? noo...she is not ambitious anymore...:(

I agree, a December DVD release isn't just possible because the tour will finish late December...

and who knows, there just might be an extension... for other territtories early next year... * prays *