STICKY SETLIST (as per perez)

gemini1313

LOL was gonna add that "it's just you," but I see two beat me to it. Well, maybe just you and svperstar. :)

The track has remained one of her most-played recurrents in the USA (in a recent week, actually had more play than "Into the Groove"). It's fantastic pop, and she gives a great delivery- for her limited range, she just belts it, and it just has a great summery feel to it.

Okay, fair enough... but will it work now? Will her voice today 20 years later do the song the justice you and so many here hope for? I can say that Express Yourself is one of my alltime favorite tracks yet I think the RIT version stinks. When you get your hopes up, things can actually dissapoint.

Okay, fair enough... but will it work now? Will her voice today 20 years later do the song the justice you and so many here hope for? I can say that Express Yourself is one of my alltime favorite tracks yet I think the RIT version stinks. When you get your hopes up, things can actually dissapoint.

i think Express Yourself was good enough at RIT, she didnt dance much but kept her vocals going for the song

many of these songs if she wants to sing properly she has to dance less, otherwise she should do a playback. at this time its a matter of choice... she cant dance and sing at the same time and sound as decent as she used to in the past

i think Express Yourself was good enough at RIT, she didnt dance much but kept her vocals going for the song

many of these songs if she wants to sing properly she has to dance less, otherwise she should do a playback. at this time its a matter of choice... she cant dance and sing at the same time and sound as decent as she used to in the past

I know, and me personally I prefer the actual song/music to come first. Whatever she does after that is up to her but good thing she at least picked up one musical instrument... beats doing yoga moves on stage and calling it dancing.

I dont understand the whole Borderline thing... for me personally its a really mediocre song. Its aged very badly in my ears and you could of course redo the beat and melody completely but then its not really Bordeline anymore is it...

But thats just me...

I've always found the music cheesy and the singing irritating. The lyrics (which she didn't write) IMO aren't very "Madonna" either. She didn't write the lyrics to Don't Tell Me but IMO that's her all over the lyrics so it suits her just as much as something she has written. Borderline is what... too passive? Something has always seemed off about it to me. But that said, I know it's a big favorite for fans and casual fans so if she does it I'm happy for them.

LOL was gonna add that "it's just you," but I see two beat me to it. Well, maybe just you and svperstar. :)

Yes, and I PROUDLY wear that crown in isolation, too.

"Borderline" can fuck off in whatever form it arrives in. :)

Word is on the street that Live Nation is in talks with HBO to broadcast the concert on Sun 10/12 live from NY at 9pm (even though the event is scheduled for 8pm). Live Nation executives visited the HBO offices on 6th Ave yesterday...

Guest Danny86
Yes, and I PROUDLY wear that crown in isolation, too.

"Borderline" can fuck off in whatever form it arrives in. :)

Any chance that Madonna does a fantastic reinvention of it that makes you change your mind about the song? ;)

If Borderline isnt good, what about Spanish Lesson???

There are a few of my all-time favs in the set... I would have liked some more Ray of light/Music songs in the set but anyway

Create Your Own Madonna Setlist

The song (insert any of her oldies):

[ ] May or may not be performed.

[ ] Will have a killer dance routine

[ ] Will be nothing like we've seen before

[ ] Will have a funky twist on it

[ ] Will have a Latin/hip hop vibe

[ ] Will be barely recognised because of a funky twist with a Latin vibe and a killer dance routine, but may or may not be performed.

:p

You now, to go with the R&Bish sound of HC, maybe she'll do "Love Don't Live Here Anymore." On second thought, probably would be too much for her voice on an ongoing basis.

Suedey, I'm in agreement- really, any track we've seen performed on the last few tours, I could do without hearing (that includes "Music," which is great, but enough- though it's one of her more recent bigtime classics, so she's gonna do it, ya just know).

Truthfully, I wouldn't bat an eye if lackluster stiff like "Hollywood" or "Love Profusion" were performed, as long as some ultimate 80s classics not performed in soem time were.

svper, didn't you warm some to another classic you didn't care all that much for after the re-Invention performance? :)

I dont understand the whole Borderline thing... for me personally its a really mediocre song. Its aged very badly in my ears and you could of course redo the beat and melody completely but then its not really Bordeline anymore is it...

But thats just me...

no its not just you. I dont get the adoration for that tune either. Cant imagine what she'd even do with that song.

Word is on the street that Live Nation is in talks with HBO to broadcast the concert on Sun 10/12 live from NY at 9pm (even though the event is scheduled for 8pm). Live Nation executives visited the HBO offices on 6th Ave yesterday...
The news I've been waiting for a proper video recording of the tour! :dramatic: Edited by erotica_blu

oh my god is this real ???

SETLIST.jpg

you know, I would like to see this show!

Ain't No Big Deal, Up Down Suite, Dress You Up... I'd even be happy to see a version of Jimmy Jimmy instead of bloody Music one more time.

Fantastic! And big up the Bea! :thumbsup:

And Borderline as a song rocks, but live it was a let down on the Virgin Tour. If she treats the song with some respect and does a good performance then great but if it is just going to be like Material Girl and Burning Up and sung for the sake of it, then she should not bother!

Put some heart in to it love!

I feel like I am pissing in to the wind saying all this.

Does Jamie (the shit choreographer) King actually read these boards?

And Borderline as a song rocks, but live it was a let down on the Virgin Tour. If she treats the song with some respect and does a good performance then great but if it is just going to be like Material Girl and Burning Up and sung for the sake of it, then she should not bother!

Put some heart in to it love!

If youre talking RIT... Burning Up was an amazing performance (according to me and many others) and she certainly put her heart in it.

Any chance that Madonna does a fantastic reinvention of it that makes you change your mind about the song? ;)

Anything's possible, but in Borderline's case it would require a completely different vocal thrust and arrangement, and probably a different melody.

svper, didn't you warm some to another classic you didn't care all that much for after the re-Invention performance? :)

Yes and have since gone right back to finding it ordinary.

The difference between it and "Borderline?" I never hated "Crazy For You," only found it overzealous. "Borderline," on the other hand, is a beastly abomination to these ears.

*sticks tongue out to the inevitable trashers* ;)

Anything's possible, but in Borderline's case it would require a completely different vocal thrust and arrangement, and probably a different melody.

Yes and have since gone right back to finding it ordinary.

The difference between it and "Borderline?" I never hated "Crazy For You," only found it overzealous. "Borderline," on the other hand, is a beastly abomination to these ears.

*sticks tongue out to the inevitable trashers* ;)

Especially 4 the Svpertsar :

Go here u dumb muppet ;)

Especially 4 the Svpertsar :

Go here u dumb muppet ;)

Okay well, I dont know if that was meant as a joke or not, but that version is better than the original. At least if you take into consideration how it could be done live.

I have HBO HD. Hopefully this true :) Her tours in HD look amazing :thumbsup:

hell yeah... fingers crossed this will be the set list...lets start watching for those studio demos

i hope so too....all but MUSIC.......im kinda sick of seeing live.......but whatever...its always a great show......

but i would really love to see the RIT on DVD..................my fav songs where BURNING UP & DEEPERandDEEPER & DIE ANOTHER DAY performances...but NONE made the IGGTYAS..............dang.

yah..ive seen them all on youtube but it aint the same....... :thumbsdown:

Madgelover24 posted this thread on fanzine

My source confirms Perez Setlist is 100% authentic.

Source tells me that this was the working set list as of late last week, and that anything can change. I will make notes:

1 Heartbeat (It is an extended version for build up of Entrance)

2 Candy Shop/I Want Candy (I Want Candy will be brief performance and dance number, nothing set in stone with this)

3 Open Your Heart (will be very similar in sound to original with minor changes)

4 Borderline (Apparently Jamie convinced her to do this and they will be using one of those electronic voice enhance things when she sings this song, like in Nobody Knows Me and Die Another Day, and again she still might change her mind)

5 Express Yourself (this will be performed with great choreography and is a definite go)

***OYH, Borderline, and EY may switch places in lineup, Heartbeat will be opening, confirmed***

6 Voices (Video Interlude, song will not be performed)

7 Nothing Really Matters (This is 50/50, either she will or wont perform this, vocal arrangements have been made, but this is the 3rd time she has considered performing this)

8 Miles Away (Will be identical to promo tour version)

9 Dance Tonight (Chance this will not make final set list)

10 Everybody (will feature a sample)

11 Vogue (Great Choreography for this)

12 Beat Goes On (Performed with videos of Pharell and Kanye she will do dance number during Kanye rap with dancers, also great choreography planned)

13 La Isla Bonita (Video on Screens, will NOT be performed)

14 Spanish Lesson (this will be the Impressive Instant and Nobody Knows Me of this tour, they have something great planned for this)

15 You'll See (Will be a very theatrical and dramatic performance, not like the brief performances of it during DWT)

16 Girl from ipanema (short performance)

17 Who's That Girl? (tweaked version of original)

18 Dress You Up (fun version with latin twist too it.

19 Rescue Me (Video on screen with the thunderstorm heavily featured in background with will go greatly into Rain)

20 Rain (Very simple beautiful version)

21 Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (will be amazing live with brilliant dance routine)

22 She's Not Me (Some funky dance moves planned, killer performance planned)

23 Hung Up (Will NOT be ROCK version, and not same as confessions, just slightly different with some new and old dance routines thrown in for a difference)

24 Music (Heavy Choreography, similar version to promo tour)

25 4 minutes (Similar to Promo tour with some changes)

26 Holiday (much different than before)

27 Give It 2 Me (Super Heavy dance routines with an amazing finish)

THANK YOU GOODNIGHT.

will post if anything changes.

and this is very similar to what i said weeks ago

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS SETLIST ABOVE IS A FAKE FOR SURE>......LOOK AT SONG #16,.... Madonna would never do a cover 2x...

i found this on youtube...MADONNA SINGIN ..."GIRL FROM IPANEMA" from the GIRLIE SHOW..check it out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------