Spain concerts: Valencia on Sept. 18 & Seville on Sept. 16

Brisy_Boy

Well, I'm a spanish boy so I know what I am talking about:

There are only two big ass cities in Spain: Barcelona(3,5 million) and Madrid(4,5 million).

Other cities like Valencia, Sevilla, Bilbao,... are medium-sized towns.

I live near Barcelona and I am really pissed that Madonna skipped my area this time and doing Valencia :manson:

It's funny because Madonna fan club in my country is in Valencia :confused: so its president is fingering himself since last week; he can't believe that Madonna will go to his own town.

Edited by george harrison

Not yet. Some reports in Spanish media say that fans are already buying tickets for Valencia in eBay and similar sites because there's a rumour Madrid won't happen.

It'd be better to wait for an official release or for the date to be published in tickets.madonna.com.

Noticia Canal 9 - Concierto Madonna

Noticia sobre el concierto que Madonna ofrecerá en el circuito Ricardo Tormo de Cheste (Valencia) el 18 de Septiembre

Valencia it's the 18th of September

Madrid it's the 16th of September

I just came back from Madrid yesterday and everyone is mad for Madonna there (at least in city center... Chueca eheheh)... and seemed quite official to me... there was not just on the newspapers but places that sell tickets are already saying they will sell tickets for Madrid concert...

By the way let me correct some numbers... the surrounding area of Madrid have arround 6,5 million people... surrounding area of Barcelona have arround 4,5 million people.... surrounding area of Valencia have 3,5 million (and the city itself almost 2 million)...

Lisbon (Capital of Portugal) surrounding area have arround have arround 3 million people (and the city itself only have 0,5 million people) making it the 4th biggest city of Iberia (#01 of Portugal)... so Valencia it's bigger than Lisbon and not that far from Barcelona.

Just for the record: The city of Vigo where Madonna played in 1990 (Blond Ambition) in the north of Spain has arround 0,5 million people and surrounding area have arround 1,5 million people.

Ooops apparently the promoter of the Madrid gig lost the rights to the concert:

http://www.elcliche.com/pag/2197/

EXCLUSIVA: Last Tour International pierde el concierto de Madonna en Madrid

El concierto de Madonna en Madrid no lo realizará finalmente Last Tour International. ¿Por qué? ¿Se cancela el concierto?. Una llamada a Last Tour International avisó sin mediar palabra que ellos no serían finalmente la promotora que llevaría a cabo el concierto madrileño. Last Tour enviará mañana un comunicado oficial a la prensa anunciando que ellos no serán los promotores.

Madrid date has fallen!!!!! :lmao:

Now they are considering Seville!!! :blink:

"La lluvia en Sevilla es una maravilla" :lol:

P.D: Please Madonna...go to Barcelona

It doesn't say the city is failled... just the promoter... in Lisbon the promoter was also changed a couple of days before official anouncement of the concert.

Valencia it's the 18th of September

Madrid it's the 16th of September

I just came back from Madrid yesterday and everyone is mad for Madonna there (at least in city center... Chueca eheheh)... and seemed quite official to me... there was not just on the newspapers but places that sell tickets are already saying they will sell tickets for Madrid concert...

By the way let me correct some numbers... the surrounding area of Madrid have arround 6,5 million people... surrounding area of Barcelona have arround 4,5 million people.... surrounding area of Valencia have 3,5 million (and the city itself almost 2 million)...

Lisbon (Capital of Portugal) surrounding area have arround have arround 3 million people (and the city itself only have 0,5 million people) making it the 4th biggest city of Iberia (#01 of Portugal)... so Valencia it's bigger than Lisbon and not that far from Barcelona.

Just for the record: The city of Vigo where Madonna played in 1990 (Blond Ambition) in the north of Spain has arround 0,5 million people and surrounding area have arround 1,5 million people.

Trust me Valencia doesnt have 2 million, not even Barcelona has. Valencia city is 800 000 and the province 2.1 million. Barcelona city is 1.6millions and the province is 5 330 000 million IS IT REALLY VALENCIA THAT CLOSE??? I dont have the numbers of potencial tourists that may be visiting both cities, but one can guess that Barcelona will have even triple the amount, and tourists do go to concerts too.

There may have been other reasons to have chosen Valencia over Madrid and Barcelona

Madrid gig cancelled (even before it was officially announced) :confused:

Madrid.(EFE).- Madonna cancela el concierto que iba a ofrecer en Madrid el 16 de septiembre debido a que "la agencia europea de Madonna ha decidido unilateralmente no realizar el concierto que tenía acordado con Last Tour International", ha asegurado en un comunicado la promotora vasca.

Ya está confirmado. La Ambición Rubia (de bote) no pasará por la capital de España. El concierto nunca apareció en la web de la artista, pero ahora no aparece ni en la web de la promotora que "confirmó" el show hace una semana.

http://www.antena3noticias.com/PortalA3N/n...-Madrid/1912191

http://www.lavanguardia.es/lv24h/20080723/53506372907.html

http://www.soitu.es/participacion/2008/07/...1216808952.html

Madrid gig cancelled (even before it was officially announced) :confused:

Madrid.(EFE).- Madonna cancela el concierto que iba a ofrecer en Madrid el 16 de septiembre debido a que "la agencia europea de Madonna ha decidido unilateralmente no realizar el concierto que tenía acordado con Last Tour International", ha asegurado en un comunicado la promotora vasca.

Ya está confirmado. La Ambición Rubia (de bote) no pasará por la capital de España. El concierto nunca apareció en la web de la artista, pero ahora no aparece ni en la web de la promotora que "confirmó" el show hace una semana.

http://www.antena3noticias.com/PortalA3N/n...-Madrid/1912191

http://www.lavanguardia.es/lv24h/20080723/53506372907.html

http://www.soitu.es/participacion/2008/07/...1216808952.html

and that's what EFE said??? la rubia de bote??? is that supposed to be a serious agency???

I don't think Madrid's cancellation is due to Valencia tickets selling 'slow'. On the contrary, I think they are selling pretty fast!! The Police and The Rolling Stones had concerts in Valencia and Alicante and weren't sold out; Madonna is doing much better!

The reason is easier: spanish promoters can't manage this kind of concerts. However, I think that there's gonna be another concert in Spain. Where? I don't know, but it's logical to have another show in Spain between the Lisbon, Valencia and Paris gigs due to proximity.

Edited by MForever

Guest boytoyville

I wonder what happned? I never understood what the promoters even did for her concerts because they basically sell themselves. I mean seriously, it seems like they just hang up a couple posters & make a radio announcement & put out a press release. :flop:

http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publi...cle_17546.shtml

Madonna Madrid concert is cancelled

By h.b. - Jul 24, 2008 - 7:58 AM

The concert had been set for September 16, but another gig in Valencia two days later still goes ahead. The planned concert by Madonna set for September 16 in Madrid has been cancelled.

Reports indicate that the artist’s agency decided to cancel the date which had been agreed with the Last Tour International promoter. There is some speculation that it may be reset, perhaps with another promoter, but that has not been confirmed by Madonna’s record label Warner.

It means that the singer’s only currently confirmed Spanish date on her current tour will be in Valencia at the Cheste racetrack on September 18th. Tickets for that are on sale at www.ticktackticket.com

Guest FrozenLight

Seriously how difficult is it to have all dates confirmed before the actual tour announcement. I've noticed Madonna's camp always seems to take ages to get a date set. The tour starts in a month and they still seem to be working on getting a date for mid-sep booked!! Look at all other major acts like Tina Turner, Celine who both have dates set and really to go for 2009. U2, The Police, the Stones, Bon Jovi...same thing they all have everything really to go months and months in advance.

Guest boytoyville

Yeah, I think Madonna's camp has a unigue & interesting strategy for her touring. I think they like to iniate bidding wars in major markets everytime she goes on tour. So much drama. :drama:

One key condition apparently is that dates cannot be made public until they have been set in stone. A couple of promoters went into overboard and announced them before the agreed time - Zagreb and Madrid were even published by LiveNation!

So not sure what could be causing this.

I think they were expecting to have more UK dates and since they haven't sold out, they were looking for another markets. Doing two dates in a single city makes business sense, since there's no need to move stage, etc.

Guest boytoyville

Honestly I think the only other "possible" consideration they had for the UK was a 2nd Wembely I I for one don't think that was even ever set in stone.

Guest northernlad
Honestly I think the only other "possible" consideration they had for the UK was a 2nd Wembely I I for one don't think that was even ever set in stone.

The UK is her absolute base in Europe - why would they only plan 2 shows there, yet three each in the smaller markets of France & Germany? You're just defensive about ticket sales being light enough for them to scrap a 2nd Wembley show (which was reported in major papers a couple of weeks before the itinerary was announced along with the correct dates of 11/9 London, 20/9 Paris, and 26/8 Nice.

Either way, hopefully she'll do us better on the next tour.

Guest boytoyville

^ France has always done extremely well for her also. It might be strategy for her to make more dates outside of the Uk to expose her brand to other new markets. No need to saturate the UK market which has been toured to death by her, same for the US,which is why she is doing a bit less there this time also. She can't just do multiple dates in the exact same places everytime. You could tell that Re-Invention focused on the US,given the reception of AL & the 39 Us dates there, also Confessions eased up on the US a little & the UK was the major Euro focus as Hung UP & Confessions were HUGE their & the 9 dates she did there. Even though Wembely Stadium holds about as people as those 8 arena dates,the consecutive dates keeps people,papers & all other media talking for the duration of the tour stay. So you could see where they were going with this tour right away, the announced inital dates were "unusal" from the last tours to begin with. Thats my case & I am sticking to it. :)

Guest boytoyville
It's confirmed guys!!!!

Madonna at Sevilla's Olympic Stadium on September 16 2008. :thumbsup:

Fuck off, Madrid!!!! :demonic:

Confirmed through who? It's not on any of the offical sites.

Guest Latinboy
It's confirmed guys!!!!

Madonna at Sevilla's Olympic Stadium on September 16 2008. :thumbsup:

Fuck off, Madrid!!!! :demonic:

Sevilla. Sevilla, Sevilla... I cannot believe it. Madonna in Sevilla.