Madonna Reinvents Herself As a Ticket-Scalping Profiteer

Camacho

You've seen and heard how upset fans have been with Madonna recently..

Since I first logged onto the internet 10 years ago I've seen Madonna fans act like she murdered their family (which, if she actually did, would probably not get the same reaction as making a cheap music video etc) over virtually every move she makes.

A backlash is when the public is aware of a new Madonna project and are so annoyed or turned off by her that they intentionally stay away. Fans whinning and complaining and looking for reasons to hate as always does not count, sorry.

Did anyone else get this email from the I-con fanclub? It was even texted to me. :lol: It really made me :lmao: and it seemed so appropriate coming from them. :lol:

date: Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:45 AM

subject: Madonna Fans - Buy & Sell Tickets Today

Official Fan to Fan Ticket

Marketplace of Madonna's

Sticky & Sweet Tour

Dear Madonna fans,

StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, is now the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet North American Tour.

This new partnership, the first of its kind, provides fans a convenient and secure venue to buy and sell tickets to any Madonna concert - even if it's sold out.

The Material Girl is ready to turn 2008 into an unforgettable one for her fans. Her Sticky & Sweet North American Tour kicks off Oct. 4 in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and continues two nights later at Madison Square Garden in New York. Eighteen shows throughout the United States and Canada are currently scheduled and tickets are now available.

I got it :lol:

and I haven't used my codes. maybe I should buy tickets and sell them on Stubhub :wacko:

Guest mirwais72

The comments made about Madonna make my laugh a bit. I mean, when I first heard about the StubHub deal, I have to admit I didn't understand it. I still don't but I try to make sense of it. Obviously, it is still going to happen and those tickets are still going to sale. She has a product she is selling (this tour) and so why wouldn't she want to be paid for it? This is her work. It's no different than any of us selling tickets over the amount to make a buck (it's been done). To hear such passionate reactions to this announcement was as if everyone just heard their rights were being taken away.

Think about this...

Every time a rare demo is leaked,

a bootleg audio of her concert is shared,

the advance of her album is leaked before it's release date,

photos we gawk at and collect of her walking back and forth to her gym,

WE ARE STEALING FROM HER!

We don't get it. We are so selfish and in the business of receiving selfishly. I won't point the finger at you because I am guilty of it. I love getting those rare items and downloading them. But if she wanted us to have them, she would have released them. This is something beyond her control and she can't stop it from happening...just like you can't stop her from making an extra buck (at times, for a good cause). It's her work.

I used to be that fan that thought Madonna could do no wrong and I can now be objective about her. This is in no way defending her but getting you to see a different side. All the name calling and being ugly serves no one.

What happened to the days when music made people happy?

Maybe I am delusional.

Keep the thread alive!! :D

Mad_On_Her takes this to the limit, though.

Guest Glamorama

At least no-one need ever feel guilty about illegally downloading any Madonna music in future.

She supports shady, business practices like the Stubhub deal so she can hardly expect her fans or the general public to actually PAY for her music anymore.

At least no-one need ever feel guilty about illegally downloading any Madonna music in future.

She supports shady, business practices like the Stubhub deal so she can hardly expect her fans or the general public to actually PAY for her music anymore.

Hmmm....interesting. Maybe that's what SHE was thinking when she made this deal. "Well....they all steal my music anyways so fuck them....let's do this deal!" So since a good percentage of her music gets stolen these days she should expect the general public to actually PAY more for the live experience? I wonder if the people who steal her music feel guilty?

All of this assumption.....you, I....NOBODY knows the in's and out's of this deal. Unless you happened to be sitting in when the deal was made?? Like I said most people here have bought their tickets (and are satisfied) through normal means AS ALWAYS.

Did anyone else get this email from the I-con fanclub? It was even texted to me. :lol: It really made me :lmao: and it seemed so appropriate coming from them. :lol:

date: Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:45 AM

subject: Madonna Fans - Buy & Sell Tickets Today

Official Fan to Fan Ticket

Marketplace of Madonna's

Sticky & Sweet Tour

Dear Madonna fans,

StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, is now the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet North American Tour.

This new partnership, the first of its kind, provides fans a convenient and secure venue to buy and sell tickets to any Madonna concert - even if it's sold out.

The Material Girl is ready to turn 2008 into an unforgettable one for her fans. Her Sticky & Sweet North American Tour kicks off Oct. 4 in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and continues two nights later at Madison Square Garden in New York. Eighteen shows throughout the United States and Canada are currently scheduled and tickets are now available.

I got it too. They have some nerve.

Stub Hub has offered good deals for Dodgers Stadium and some other places but for the NY shows, its a rip off still

Yeah I wonder why they're offering "good deals" for dodgers stadium..because it hasn't sold out!!!!!!!!! Jesus christ give me strength!

Big deal then dont buy from stub hub......

Or better yet if your so incensed about the whole thing then dont watch her concert.....

I already secured my tickets from ticket master,

it was a long wait and lots of patience but I was able to secure a ticket.

If ever I dont have a choice I would prbbly buy from Stb hub no matter how much it is...

The last concert is way fun and I wont miss this one just bec of some issues that is not really a big deal...