UK Charts - Dec 16 - Midweeks

Guest Hafo

Katie Melua and Eva Cassidy are at #1 with a charity single only sold at Tesco :wow:

SINGLES

1 Eva Cassidy & Katie Melua (10k)

2 Leona (8.2k)

3 Soulja Boy (6.3k)

Top 10

Cascada

Pogues

Top 15

Crowded House

Top 20

Wham

Michael Buble - Lost

Stereophonics (will be higher when combined)

Top 30

Wizzard

Andy Williams

Slade

Sugababes

Shakin Stevens

Band Aid

Top 40

Foals

Shaun The Sheep

Michael Buble - Home

Scouting For Girls

Amy MacDonald

Killers

Chris Rea

ALBUMS

1 Leona (58k)

2 Westlife (27.5k)

3 Michael Buble (24.5k)

Top 20

Paul Potts

What this single is about...

"On 10 December 'What A Wonderful World', a duet by Eva Cassidy and Katie Melua, is released. Available exclusively through Tesco, all profits from sales of the single will benefit the British Red Cross, the 2007 Tesco Charity of the Year.

Soaring high on the success of her latest album Pictures, Katie recorded the duet alongside her idol, the late singer Eva Cassidy, in a unique version of the Louis Armstrong classic 'What A Wonderful World'.

As part of the Tesco Charity of the Year partnership, all Tesco profits from the sale of the single will be donated to the British Red Cross.

'What A Wonderful World' is set to be a Christmas favourite. It is only available in Tesco stores and on download at Tesco.com from 10 December 2007."

---

Oh wouldn't it be SWEET if this song stops the X-Factor winner? :D

Ha! I saw QB's reaction coming from across the Irish Sea :D

Single sales are at their LOWEST for this season EVER. I think that's an indirect effect of the X-Factor, no one wants to compete against it so fewer worthy releases...

The first single from her album was really rather gorgeous. "If You Were A Sailboat" I think it was called.

I adore some of her songs but the way she swoops up to almost every note sometimes grates...

I adore some of her songs but the way she swoops up to almost every note sometimes grates...

Well I do know what you mean, but I guess that's just her style of singing. I think her voice is incredibly pretty and unmistakable, so ultimately I admire that.

Guest SuperPop

SINGLES

3 Soulja Boy

:manson::manson::manson:

I was hoping this ATROCITY wouldn't be a hit in our continent...Its becoming ridiculous that every abysmal big hit US single becomes instantly a hit in UK...

Well I do know what you mean, but I guess that's just her style of singing. I think her voice is incredibly pretty and unmistakable, so ultimately I admire that.

Oh definitely... It's only the swooping bit that *sometimes* annoys - when she hits the note bang in the middle it's absolutely beautiful... And she's gorgeous looking too.

Guest FuckBuddy

it would fantastic if ANY song -yes, even soulja boy- could stop this travesty that takes place in the past few years and has spoiled the excitement of christmas charts.

Oh definitely... It's only the swooping bit that *sometimes* annoys - when she hits the note bang in the middle it's absolutely beautiful... And she's gorgeous looking too.

Yeah, she really is beautiful.

Is it true she's a big ol' lezzer? I read last year that she was living with an older woman who was her lover.

What this single is about...

"On 10 December 'What A Wonderful World', a duet by Eva Cassidy and Katie Melua, is released. Available exclusively through Tesco, all profits from sales of the single will benefit the British Red Cross, the 2007 Tesco Charity of the Year.

Soaring high on the success of her latest album Pictures, Katie recorded the duet alongside her idol, the late singer Eva Cassidy, in a unique version of the Louis Armstrong classic 'What A Wonderful World'.

As part of the Tesco Charity of the Year partnership, all Tesco profits from the sale of the single will be donated to the British Red Cross.

'What A Wonderful World' is set to be a Christmas favourite. It is only available in Tesco stores and on download at Tesco.com from 10 December 2007."

---

Thanks for that Hafo. I was wondering how this song suddenly appeared. Will listen out for it now as I dont recall ever hearing it yet.

Are there any sales updates yet as this will either help explain why X has dropped to 11:

1. High sales all round :)

2. Close sales for all outside top 2 :D

3. Severe drop in sales = flop 3rd week :americanlife:

some figures for the albums:

leona almost 60k

kylie 13,246

Oh, just saw this. Similar to last weeks figures. Think she was on 14.5k though. Will probably finish the week with another 50-55k then.

Guest FuckBuddy

some figures for the albums:

leona almost 60k

kylie 13,246

hardly surprising news. boring people have always been including lame music to their predictable list of crap gifts.

...and there's kylie, of course, who's doin just fine under the circumstances. she's on course to have another week of 50k+ sales and next week will probably sell A LOT more.

Calling Leona Lewis "talentless" is a bit much, isn't it? You don't have to like her or her music to realise that she has a very good voice.

This is a music forum and we all have different opinions and tastes, which is what makes it interesting.

Maybe Katie Melue doesnt have the same powerful voice, but she has created a personal style that people identify. I cant say the same about Leona. Her songs are just average love teenage songs.

What is sad is that people are rushing to buy her music just because it was on x-factor, and don't tell me that it is not true because every single X-factor winner gets a direct number 1. Luckily for us though, they dont last for long, because every year there is a new winner and their fans can't afford to buy them all.

This is a music forum and we all have different opinions and tastes, which is what makes it interesting.

Maybe Katie Melue doesnt have the same powerful voice, but she has created a personal style that people identify. I cant say the same about Leona. Her songs are just average love teenage songs.

What is sad is that people are rushing to buy her music just because it was on x-factor, and don't tell me that it is not true because every single X-factor winner gets a direct number 1. Luckily for us though, they dont last for long, because every year there is a new winner and their fans can't afford to buy them all.

My sole point is that Leona Lewis is simply *not* talentless. That is not up for debate or discussion. It's a fact. You don't have to like her or her songs, but you stated that she was "talentless", which is an untruth. I have very little interest in her, and would far prefer Katie Melua, but Leona Lewis can sing well. Singing well is a talent. Therefore Leona Lewis is not talentless.

My sole point is that Leona Lewis is simply *not* talentless. That is not up for debate or discussion. It's a fact. You don't have to like her or her songs, but you stated that she was "talentless", which is an untruth. I have very little interest in her, and would far prefer Katie Melua, but Leona Lewis can sing well. Singing well is a talent. Therefore Leona Lewis is not talentless.

We are not going to agree then. She has a good voice, I could like her if she chose another style, but I dont like the way she sings. I am not the only one. I know many people who can't really listen to her. And the music doesn't help, it is just unbereable, Bleeding Love is acceptable, but the rest of the album is the worse I have heard this year.

I agree. At this early stage it is her brilliant vocal range that separates her from the pack.

Bravo for Katie! At last the talentless leona is pushed down the chart

:manson:

How is Leona talentless??