Madonna featured on Quavo track 'Champagne Rosé'

BatBro

4 hours ago, Barbie said:

I can 99.9% bet on Nicki secretly being upset. Why was Madonna removed from her album? No, it was never SAID by Nicki or Madonna that she would appear but it was strongly hinted. Remember this at the Met Gala?

Now unless Nicki is featured on Madonna's upcoming album (which I hope NOT btw) this was undoubtedly for Nicki's album Queen. Like I've said many times. I believe that Nicki is upset that Madonna and Cardi have become such good friends. Nicki can't stand Cardi and those two pretty much hate each other. Madonna is a 60yr old mother of 6, I doubt she gives two fucks about Nicki and Cardi fighting. But Nicki cares. Imagine her reaction when she found out Madonna was doing a song with Cardi and not only that, but Cardi disses her on that very song :lmao: and Nicki would have known about this for quite some time. We (us) the regular people just found out about this song a few days ago when it was released. Nicki being in the music business and having the connections she does, has probably known for a while now about this song.

If anything Madonna is innocently squeezed in the middle. She honestly probably has no idea what's going on between Nicki and Cardi.

Well, she has no reason to be upset but, considering how petty, childish and insecure she is, I wouldn't be surprised if you're completly right.

Finally got around to it. Good song, and M's part is extremely catchy.

:rolleyes: @ everyone acting like Madonna is getting involved in the Nicki and Cardi feud ... or that either of them are “pressed” over Madonna’s participation on this collaboration. Are we conveniently forgetting how Madonna and Nicki greeted each other with kisses backstage at the VMAs? Nicki’s album had already come out at that point — if she supposedly removed a Madonna collab out of rage, do you think either of them would be engaging in a lovefest backstage? Unlikely.

Nicki and Cardi have enough drama already. Madonna isn’t caught up in it, nor is she causing it.

Re: the song? I’m glad she is featuring on something to build up to her own release. Would rather have a soundtrack song personally, but this is good business strategy in today’s marketplace. And although this is probably not my usual cup of tea, I think the song grows on you a bit, and Madonna’s contributions are undeniably catchy. I have played it repeatedly. She is the hook, for sure.

I like the flute line, too — kind of hypnotic.

16 minutes ago, peter said:

:rolleyes: @ everyone acting like Madonna is getting involved in the Nicki and Cardi feud 

tenor.gif

I specifically stated that Madonna didn't care or wasn't aware. I made that very clear. And if you think Nicki isn't bothered then :lmao:

yeah. 

2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Who said that? I specifically stated that Madonna didn't care or wasn't aware. I made that very clear. And if you think Nicki isn't bothered then :lmao:

yeah. 

It was meant to be an “eyeroll with a smile” ... and you’re not the only one commenting about this point. I didn’t direct my comment specifically at you, because it didn’t fully apply to you. 

I’m not really worried about it. I enjoy your posts on lots of other things, @Barbie, but I don’t take any satisfaction from seeing Nicki and Cardi in a raging feud. I know some say it’s “rap culture” and “beefs” and whatever, but ... I think Madonna’s attempts to nurture a supportive sisterhood amongst female artists is preferable. It’s not just Nicki and Cardi — but all the huffing and puffing about who liked what tweet, etc. People accidentally do that kind of thing all the time when they’re scrolling down the feed. Just seems like such a waste of energy.

nicki is probably bothered about that, but the issue is:

if their "surprise" is canceled, this cardi thing is something nicki is probably pissed at

if their surprise is a nicki collab on M's next album, i think nicki is just not giving a fk at all

14 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

and yet we have a sub-forum solely dedicated to bashing other female artists...

Not everyone uses it to bash... Some of us enjoy other artists’ output (to a lesser degree than Madonna’s, I should note), and so we enjoy discussing them ... sometimes especially in relation to M. 

And it’s not like Madonna officially sanctions every post on this forum. 

3 hours ago, NewYorkCam said:

Hmm, still wondering why they removed this from YouTube .. it had well over 200K plays before it was taken down

Unusual move to remove the full album. Before I went to sleep last night CR had 356k views, and four tracks on the album were no longer accessible already (around this time). The quality dropped again (as it did first night) to 360p, so my assumption is they must have hit some technical issue with the servers supporting their YouTube site. Maybe I am wrong.

I hope there is a way to add the same CR upload back in since the comments section (almost 15,000 comments) was overwhelmingly positive.

4 minutes ago, Andra said:

They're surely planning something

Still holding in the top 200 on iTunes... up and down all day long.

Capture33.JPG

1 hour ago, CalinB said:

Still holding in the top 200 on iTunes... up and down all day long.

Capture33.JPG

After his collaboration with Drake, Champagne is currently the most downloaded track from his album. 155 now. Holding well at 32 on Apple music well too.

@CalinB, is Apple music bigger than Spotify now in the US? I read that it surpassed Spotify subscribers last summer. It seems more popular in the urban world at least.

32 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

After his collaboration with Drake, Champagne is currently the most downloaded track from his album. 155 now. Holding well at 32 on Apple music well too.

@CalinB, is Apple music bigger than Spotify now in the US? I read that it surpassed Spotify subscribers last summer. It seems more popular in the urban world at least.

No I think Spotify is more popular. And apparently according to Apple Music, Champagne Rose isn’t among the most “listened” to so I’m confused as to how it’s the most popular song from the album. 

10 minutes ago, Mensch said:

No I think Spotify is more popular. And apparently according to Apple Music, Champagne Rose isn’t among the most “listened” to so I’m confused as to how it’s the most popular song from the album. 

I was talking about Itunes.

29 minutes ago, Rebel Saviour said:

I was talking about Itunes.

I wonder how/why that is...more people are listening to the first 4 tracks on the album than any other and yet CR is the most sold. I don’t get the logistics of the music industry anymore Smdh 

Back to the top 200 on US spotify (197,903 streams yesterday). Keep streaming bishes. She has surpassed 1 million streams for sure in the US on Spotify for sure. With the 3 days tracked she is at 932,000 and we don't know how much she did when she was out of the top 200 for one day.

http://livepopbars.com/spotibars.php?Region=US&numbers=Get+Chart+(Numbers)

tumblr_pgkkvt3dxh1qj28qwo6_r2_250.gif

6 minutes ago, Andra said:

Did he listen to M’s verse? I just love how M gets her name out there. Now ppl will find out who Madonna is. Back to MDNA Skin. 

14 hours ago, reQuiem4adream said:

It's something different, and i'm loving it.

anyway, it's not cham-pain roes. 

Why are you posting this crap here? Stopped watching after the little notification in the beginning of this “video” that said that Madonna wasn’t needed? Is this dumbass serious? This whole song is Madonna! 

37 minutes ago, reQuiem4adream said:

Did he listen to M’s verse? I just love how M gets her name out there. Now ppl will find out who Madonna is. Back to MDNA Skin. 

Hate how he just skipped M’s verse all together.