Broker found hanged - Under investigation with three Franciscan Friars over disappearance of $55m

XXL

Franciscan Friars Order and financial speculations: $55m invested in 5 star resorts in Africa and the Middle East

A Swiss-Italian 78 yo man acting as financial advisor found hanged in his villa on Lake Como

Cattura_zpspldrmjgc.png

Leonida Rossi was found hung in his lakeside property after he had been brought in for questioning by the Guardia di Finanza, the Italian IRS authority branch of Police forces.  The 78 year old man, of both Italian and Swiss citizenship, who owned a financial consulting agency based in downtown Milan, had been accused to have illegally received from three franciscan priests, also under investigation for misappropriation of funds, €50m over a period of seven years time. The priests gave the large sum to Rossi who was acting as a broker and had promised the friars a 14% interest return on their "investment".

n-FRATI-large570.jpg

The General Franciscan Order Board of Directors HQ in Rome complained about the missing sum from their bank accounts and the three priests have been all searched and brought in for questioning. Now the latest revelation: the only man connected to this operation who was not part of the Franciscan Order is now dead, bringing with him to the tomb a plethora of information now inaccessible. 

The Swiss authorities are investigating on this case too as it surfaced that Mr Rossi had business transactions and acted as an investment advisor through accounts traceable to a bank in the little independent state of San Marino, on the Italian Adriatic coast, currently under investigation for Ndrangheta (Calabria's Mafia Branch) money laundering. The investigation is ongoing in Switzerland as well, since part of the money the three friars entrusted him with, unbeknownst to the Order apparently, transited on Credite Suisse bank accounts.

The friars started to ask for the €50m sum back together with the 14% interest they were seeking and had been promised but apparently not a cent of that sum was returned

The operation started in 2007 when suddenly tens of millions of euros started being diverted into the realisation of 5 star hotels in Kenya, other African countries and top rated Middle available anymore. That's when the newly appointed management at the Franciscan HQs in Rome demanded accountability for the sum from the three priests themselves and an international investigation was launched.

broker-truffa-frati.jpg

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/2015/11/26/ordine-francescano-e-speculazioni-finanziarie-investiti-50-milioni-in-resort-e-hotel-di-lusso-in-africa-e-in-medio-oriente/2254213/

http://www.ilgiorno.it/cronaca/francescani-soldi-1.1574315

If these mental cases who can't exist in normal society choose to be "franciscan friars" then maybe they should be holed away in some monastery somewhere, self-flagellating daily and making martyrs of themselves, instead of kicking around with $55 million at their disposal. Corrupt, unholy motherfuckers the lot of them.

On ‎19‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 4:25 PM, Kim said:

If these mental cases who can't exist in normal society choose to be "franciscan friars" then maybe they should be holed away in some monastery somewhere, self-flagellating daily and making martyrs of themselves, instead of kicking around with $55 million at their disposal. Corrupt, unholy motherfuckers the lot of them.

They are following into Saint Francis' footsteps. Oops not quite. Speaking of which, it reminds me of when Maggie Thatcher quoted San Francesco :chuckle::rotfl:

No seriously, Jesus, as far as I have read, never spoke of a Church who turned into a state, with a diplomacy, $30bn worth of untaxable property in the city of Rome alone, where the lowest step on the ladder, i.e. the poor friars of Saint Francis, have tens of millions of dollars to reinvest into money-laundering associated projects. Imagine what a cardinal can get away with

7 hours ago, XXL said:

They are following into Saint Francis' footsteps. Oops not quite. Speaking of which, it reminds me of when Maggie Thatcher quoted San Francesco :chuckle::rotfl:

No seriously, Jesus, as far as I have read, never spoke of a Church who turned into a state, with a diplomacy, $30bn worth of untaxable property in the city of Rome alone, where the lowest step on the ladder, i.e. the poor friars of Saint Francis, have tens of millions of dollars to reinvest into money-laundering associated projects. Imagine what a cardinal can get away with

Jesus drove those motherfuckers out of the temple if I remember correctly. Men of God my arse.