Detroit - Oct.1st - Joe Louis Arena

iasonas

Guys I'll try and share what I can tonight and will post more tomorrow but trust the show was fucking amazing!! Periscope so doesn't do it justice. The arena was very full. I was on the floor near the right side of the heart and was checking out the crowd and it was pretty solidly packed. And the crowd was loud and enthusiastic, especially compared to MDNA. Not one person near me sat down for one second!

And she was so TALKATIVE with us all night! Especially during the WTG and (omg) FROZEN part and before Rebel Heart. She thanked her dad (yes he was there) and Detroit for making her who she is and talked about all the work she's planning on doing here. She also invited all the kids from the boxing gym that she visited to the show and they were all there. Lola was too and M dedicated La Vie en Rose to her.

A lot of people in my section sang along to every song, even the RH tracks. Madonna had this huge smile on her face for most of the show and I really truly felt like she actually loved being home this time. The difference could be felt. She was having a lot of fun. And the people around me on the floor were awesome. As for the shitty cell phone signal, yes Joe Louis Arena is notoriously bad for that, plus people's phones sometimes switch to roaming to Canada since the arena is so close to Windsor across the river lol! My phone was about dead all night. I'll try and post more as I remember but I'm still in a loon coma from being so close to her again. Oh and the crowd absolutely loved Heartbreak City and flipped their SHIT over Illuminati. Burning Up was also very popular with the crowd. More as I think of it!!!

Edit to add - a lot of people knew that the show was going to start when MJ started playing. People started cheering and jumping when it came on. Also a lot of people near me seemed to know Frozen was special and hadn't been played yet, lots of gasps and "omg" for it.

That Frozen performance is everything I always hoped 4...and it's everything

I hope the casual fans/general public gets 2 experience when they c Madonna.

She's a completely unique pop star in that she's both commercial and an artiste.

People find that hard 2 understand...but she does it with integrity. She's still

so instinctive and deliberate at the same time..after all these years

she still gives me goosebumps.

I just love her.

Guys I'll try and share what I can tonight and will post more tomorrow but trust the show was fucking amazing!! Periscope so doesn't do it justice. The arena was very full. I was on the floor near the right side of the heart and was checking out the crowd and it was pretty solidly packed. And the crowd was loud and enthusiastic, especially compared to MDNA. Not one person near me sat down for one second!

And she was so TALKATIVE with us all night! Especially during the WTG and (omg) FROZEN part and before Rebel Heart. She thanked her dad (yes he was there) and Detroit for making her who she is and talked about all the work she's planning on doing here. She also invited all the kids from the boxing gym that she visited to the show and they were all there. Lola was too and M dedicated La Vie en Rose to her.

A lot of people in my section sang along to every song, even the RH tracks. Madonna had this huge smile on her face for most of the show and I really truly felt like she actually loved being home this time. The difference could be felt. She was having a lot of fun. And the people around me on the floor were awesome. As for the shitty cell phone signal, yes Joe Louis Arena is notoriously bad for that, plus people's phones sometimes switch to roaming to Canada since the arena is so close to Windsor across the river lol! My phone was about dead all night. I'll try and post more as I remember but I'm still in a loon coma from being so close to her again. Oh and the crowd absolutely loved Heartbreak City and flipped their SHIT over Illuminati. Burning Up was also very popular with the crowd. More as I think of it!!!

Edit to add - a lot of people knew that the show was going to start when MJ started playing. People started cheering and jumping when it came on. Also a lot of people near me seemed to know Frozen was special and hadn't been played yet, lots of gasps and "omg" for it.

LCD, great review. :tigger: My dream is to see her in her hometown of Detroit one day. Was watching it here on the forum with other fans and the periscope, and loved the whole atmosphere and performances. Frozen was beautiful as well. So happy for you.

Am I the only one that thinks Ghosttown fits in the section much better than Frozen? Dont get me wrong I love Frozen but ghosttown worked better I think. Also the crowd seem more excited when she sang ghosttown.

Am I the only one that thinks Ghosttown fits in the section much better than Frozen? Dont get me wrong I love Frozen but ghosttown worked better I think. Also the crowd seem more excited when she sang ghosttown.

No no no Frozen is always better choice imo.